PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2013 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• hi everyone can i join you please. have tried before and failed .... i must try harder .... my month starts on tuesday and will finish on the 3rd december . im aiming for £200 for food toiletries cleaning products and takeaways for 3 of us (1 pregnant, DP and LO) off to put it on my signature to make it easier to keep track
    **Nov GC 5/11-3/12 £0/£200**
    **TOTAL DEBT 02/11/13 £1340**
    *Total debt paid £0*
    *Nov NSD's 3/12*
    **£5 a day nov £0/£150**
    *November spends £0*
  • cocoloco
    cocoloco Posts: 589 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone!
    Had a very successful yellow sticker shopping yesterday (Fri)- I spent £2.41 at Sainsbury's and £2.76 in Tesco's and came away with 3 bagful of goodies that will feed us Saturday / Sunday. I counted up and if I paid full price I would have paid £20+.
    Today I got tempted by caramel Snack a Jacks- 99p for a large tub in B&M- so I got 3, will last me for the rest of the month hopefully...
    Also picked up some small things from Asda for tune of £2.84, hopefully no spend tomorrow for me.
    Current total- £12.66 / 200.

Will catch up with all the other post- I love to read how other people getting on here! Have a good weekend everybody!
    :p "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS FREE FOOD" :p
    'They can have my money but not my life!'
    :eek: Debt & mortgage free in 18 years :eek:
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    I can't believe I forgot to buy eggs!! And I need them :( Was hoping for a NSD today, oh well :o
    Not looking forward to going out in the rain with this awful infection.... However i do need strepsils to so I guess i'll be able to pick some up.
    CP xx

Sorry you poorly :( Hope you soon better. I use streps as well but have you also tried gargling with warm salt water - one of my Gran's old tricks.
    What about bubble and squeak with the cabbage (onion and potato) with beans?

That sounds gorgeous. Think I'll have that Monday with cheese on tops of the beans :T
    Can't get over how well behaved I was at the shop! Stuck to my list. £1 eggs from Ic*land and £1.58 on 2 tubes of strepsils from Home B's!
    Avoided the sweetie row to resist temptation :D
    CP xx

Well done with the sweetie row - I gave them up 2 years ago when I had some awesome weight to lose and don't eat them now - but I can remember what it used to be like.

My Home B's sells free range eggs 6 for 99p and usually a good date. Mind you they are well hidden - at the moment amongst the cereals ?? :rotfl:

First NSD for me but I MUST go shopping tomorrow as no fruit, veg is only good for soup, and want to look for money-off wine in Mr T while I have DH here to do the carrying :D

Have a good Sunday one and all
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Reporting a very small spend yesterday from GC budget of a few pounds on special Christmas cards and wrapping paper. Signature updated.

Really happy :j to have all these bought so early, but not so happy to see the very small amount that we have left for the month and it's only the 3rd!! Looks like there will be lots of NSDs for me - it will be better if the weather is wet then I won't be tempted outside so much but if I do go out I think I'll leave my purse behind!
    July 16 £95/£200
    Nov 16 £0/£200

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." Thich Nhat Hahn
  • lynnejk wrote: »
    Sorry you poorly :( Hope you soon better. I use streps as well but have you also tried gargling with warm salt water - one of my Gran's old tricks.

Ohh i'll have to give that a try. I'll try anything! :rotfl:

Well done with the sweetie row - I gave them up 2 years ago when I had some awesome weight to lose and don't eat them now - but I can remember what it used to be like.

My Home B's sells free range eggs 6 for 99p and usually a good date. Mind you they are well hidden - at the moment amongst the cereals ?? :rotfl:

The cereal?? Random!! :rotfl:
    Lx

Small spend to add today. £4.25p on 2 blocks of cheese, some milk and a roll of foil from my local shop.
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • I've been awol for a while but have kept all receipts and just need to enter them into my journal and tot them up for October! This month I want to be a cheap one simply because I've now got 2 freezers full of food. Mostly frozen apples in one of them from our garden but still too much food!!! Part of the reason for this is that I am now on a diet as I need to lose about 2 1/2 stone! Doing well so far but it means that for most of October I didn't eat what myself or DD cooked and it ended up in the freezer as it was too calorific! So now-no more shopping worth counting apart from low cal stuff and fresh fruit and veg. Stopped baking and stopped using the BM as I am one of those people who, if I see a loaf of homemade bread will eat half the loaf with butter! Temptation has to be removed. The good thing is that I we are experimental cooks)being on GC makes us this way)I find lots of ways to make dieting a cheap option! Apart from my smoked salmon habit that is ;) Even that isn't very expensive up by the amount of meat most people eat. I am now thinking about budget for 2014 and starting the Christmas shopping. I had a cheese and wine party last week and still didn't blow the diet! I have still got lots of wine for Christmas and it will be a big family one but it works out cheaper to do it that way for everyone-my guests will bring contributions. My brother will bring meat and my cousin will bring cake so I will buy some meat plus all veg. Lots of time to plan and save-so although I've been awol I've still been with the rest of you at heart. hope everyone is doing well and can also start planning ahead so that December isn't too expensive.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • So far so good! I have spent £226.50/£260... Yes I have got 2,5 weeks left to go, but I have enough of everything apart from fresh fruit/veg and milk, which I have the money for.

But my greatest achievement is I have finally sorted and Audited the freezer INSIDE and OUTSIDE the house. I have audited my Toiletries and all my cupboards and I finally know exactly what I have in my house!

I have a food menu plan for the next 2,5 weeks too.

My next 4 week shopping cycle now has a food plan, a shopping list (priced up already) and I now know that once a do another audit before ordering I will be on budget no problem.

I finally feel like I have taken back control of my food/spending and I can do this :)

The baby can come and I am ready :)
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    A small spend today of £11.03 so just over £51 for this week so not too bad.

Denise
  • Weekly shop done today and spent £38.30 so quite pleased with that as it included ( amongst other things ) a bottle of wine, a pack of steak mince, 2 packs of stewing steak and a pack of pork mince so was expecting it to come to more than that, gotta love aldi :D

Have done a bit of batch cooking as well today so have 5 portions of chilli in tubs cooling for the freezer and made a big pan of goulash for dinner and will have 4 portions of that for the freezer too :D
    New House... New Mortgage! February 2017: £144,000 :eek:
    Current Mortgage Balance: £96,440.99
    2017 OP's:£5,935 2018 OP's: £11,956.00 2019 OP's: £11,988 2020 OP's: £1,998
    Total Debt[STRIKE] £29,209[/STRIKE] £0 :j:j:j Debt free 6/8/16
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Just a small spend of 2.50 for me on reduced fruit and veg, got a cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, apples and oranges and bananas, will do me for a couple of weeks.

Was absolutely stunned to see woman in front of me pay 10.74 for 6 packs of microwave baked potatoes, 2 in a pack, 400grms,
    that was 89p a potato, and a not very big one at that, total 2400 grams, less than a standard 2.5 killo bag which I can get on our local market for 1.00;
    Slimming World at target
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport