IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Flashpark Parking Ticket

Hi,

I've received a flashpark parking ticket two weeks ago!
The charge was in relation to visiting my friend who is a tenant in a flat.

My friend said I was able to park in this open space just before their house. It does clearly have signs up with 24hr security, parking permits only etc... My friend said not to worry about them as there isn't any cameras and it's a space for Visitors!

Obviously I assumed nothing of it until I receive this letter from Flashpark! My friend said one of there neighbours must of reported it, but she said that noone has parking permits, and her friends park there all the time.

Where do I go from here? Can I explain the situation to them? Or will that make me liable as I didn't technically have the landlords permission! All the tenants do not have any permits, and it seeing as I had permission from someone who lives there surely it should be dismissed.

Alternatively if I ignore the letters would it really be worth their time taking me to court where I can present this argument?

If I write an appeals letter what could I put in there, as there was clearly signs up.

Cheers for any help

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Flash park don't care about your situation, so any appeals based on fact will near-inevitably fail. They just want your money.

Depending on just what it says in the tenancy agreement, your friend may be able to bring considerable leverage on the management company who employ the PPC to get it cancelled but you would still be well advised to start reading the Newbies Sticky, carefully which will lay-out your options for fighting them. :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    citycity wrote: »
    If I write an appeals letter what could I put in there, as there was clearly signs up.

Cheers for any help
    It seems you've missed 'NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST' which has the template appeal submission for the registered keeper (NOT DRIVER!) to use, depending upon BPA or IPC membership.

That thread is a sticky one stuck near the top of this board, in capital letters (if I could paint it red, I would!). No link given to a sticky thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Hi,

I've received a flashpark parking ticket two weeks ago!
    The charge was in relation to visiting my friend who is a tenant in a flat.

My friend said I was able to park in this open space just before their house. It does clearly have signs up with 24hr security, parking permits only etc... My friend said not to worry about them as there isn't any cameras and it's a space for Visitors!

Obviously I assumed nothing of it until I receive this letter from Flashpark! My friend said one of there neighbours must of reported it, but she said that noone has parking permits, and her friends park there all the time.

Where do I go from here? Can I explain the situation to them? Or will that make me liable as I didn't technically have the landlords permission! All the tenants do not have any permits, and it seeing as I had permission from someone who lives there surely it should be dismissed.

Alternatively if I ignore the letters would it really be worth their time taking me to court where I can present this argument?

Cheers for any help

As pogofish advises, the management is the key to this

"Flashing in the Park" need to listen to them. Demand it is cancelled
  • citycity
    citycity Posts: 10 Forumite
    Would you advise me to remove the second paragraph on the newbie FAQ forum! It mentions about the fail of signage/large lettering, when I wouldn't have a leg to stand on as there are plenty! However if I'm more saying it wasn't me that was parked there I wouldn't know what signage there is there?!
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Would you advise me to remove the second paragraph on the newbie FAQ forum! It mentions about the fail of signage/large lettering, when I wouldn't have a leg to stand on as there are plenty! However if I'm more saying it wasn't me that was parked there I wouldn't know what signage there is there?!

Leave it in. You need to compare it with the BPA CoP to see where it fails when you get to the PoPLA stage. They have to prove that it complies which I doubt that it does.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Nope, it's there because 'plenty of signs' does not mean clear, legible signs with the £100 charge in very large lettering - it's not enough just to have lots of small print signs up.

And a keeper would NOT know what was there but can still suggest the signs must have been inadequate. For the driver to have incurred a charge they cannot possibly have seen £100 clearly stated, can they - no-one would agree to that!

Stop worrying, the template first appeal does a job to get a POPLA code, where you will be attacking the signs in a big way, even if you never see them!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • I've had a response from Flash Park in regards to my appeals letter!
    It has been rejected on the grounds that:
    1. "You did not display a valid permit in accordance with the regulations stated on the warning notices displayed in clear and prominent locations around the parking area"
    2. "Neither the landowner nor Flashpark has issued you a permit to park in this area"

They have reduced the parking fee to £25 as a gesture of goodwill.

They have provide me a POPLA verification code...

What do you advise me to do, pay £25 or send another letter?
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,017 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I've had a response from Flash Park in regards to my appeals letter!
    It has been rejected on the grounds that:
    1. "You did not display a valid permit in accordance with the regulations stated on the warning notices displayed in clear and prominent locations around the parking area"
    2. "Neither the landowner nor Flashpark has issued you a permit to park in this area"

They have reduced the parking fee to £25 as a gesture of goodwill.

They have provide me a POPLA verification code...

What do you advise me to do, pay £25 or send another letter?

Did they actually say "regulations"(a rule or directive made and maintained by an authority) that is naughty.

Flashpark is run by a Muppet that invented the "talking parking ticket".

I wouldn't pay this idiot a penny personally!

https://www.flashpark.co.uk/private-parking-tickets/talking.php
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Date of alleged contracention and date on Notice to Keeper please.
  • They did mention "regulations" it does seem a bit ridiculous...
    Contravention date: 18/09
    DON: 23/09
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family