Alizonne Diet Plan

Comments

• sarahs999
    sarahs999 Posts: 3,751 Forumite
    They have thought of that Eric, it is addressed in the later phases. What they focus on is dropping the weight quickly to give you the motivation to keep going. Then when you are feeling good they reeducate you about how and what you eat.

Also, I kind of disagree about taking the control out of your hands. It's still up to you whether you follow this diet or not, and do it correctly or not, just like any other diet. But as it's a medically supervised diet you can't go off and make up your own rules - you have to follow what they have planned for you.
  • Eric_Pisch
    Eric_Pisch Posts: 8,720 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    sarahs999 wrote: »
    They have thought of that Eric, it is addressed in the later phases. What they focus on is dropping the weight quickly to give you the motivation to keep going. Then when you are feeling good they reeducate you about how and what you eat.

Also, I kind of disagree about taking the control out of your hands. It's still up to you whether you follow this diet or not, and do it correctly or not, just like any other diet. But as it's a medically supervised diet you can't go off and make up your own rules - you have to follow what they have planned for you.

sounds interesting, thanks for the info
  • It can be a very successful diet, provided you follow the rules to the letter and people report succeeding, where other diets have failed.

The clinics have a lot going for them, the fundamental idea is a very good one, a definite recipe for success, however because they are expanding, with clinics springing up in different parts of the country, some of the clinics are suffering a bit as a result, in the way the clinics are actually run.

The package does not come cheap and staff at some of the clinics could be much more courteous/respectful towards the needs of clients/patients, which lets them down. Also there is a lack of attention to detail. So the treatment you receive does depend on the clinic that you attend. There seems to be a North/South divide,with friendlier and more accommodating staff in the more Northern parts of the country.

Provided you do not allow this to bother you and you have decided you are serious about wanting to lose weight once and for all,then save up first and go for it! I opted for this, instead if the band so had already saved up the dosh, but it may well prove to be even more expensive:eek: by the looks of things.

If you are thinking along the lines of you'll 'give it a go', then don't bother, as it is not for the faint hearted! More as a LAST resort.:rotfl:
  • sarahs999
    One thing they don't make clear (and I think it's pretty naughty really) is that when they say it will take you 10 weeks to lose the weight, they don't include the 'phasing off' bit which you do after you reach goal and which can take another 5 weeks or more. SO of course it can end up costing quite a bit more than you had thought. I know I am not ht eonly person who got caught out like that!
  • can anyone help me as all I want to know is how much alizonne has cost someone from starting the programme to finishing the year with the weight off. how much they lost and height and original weight. Cant get straight answers from anyone about alizonne.
  • ailuro2
    ailuro2 Posts: 7,535 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If it was that wonderful wouldn't we all have been sent to get the treatment by our GPs?

I think, as with any diet, you'll struggle to find a high %age of people who have kept the weight off after a year.
    Member of the first Mortgage Free in 3 challenge, no.19
    Balance 19th April '07 = minus £27,640
    Balance 1st November '09 = mortgage paid off with £1903 left over. Title deeds are now ours.
  • sarahs999
    I've kept the weight off a year later.

Sammster, the cost of the plan will depend on what you have to lose.

I'll send you a PM.
  • murphydog999
    murphydog999 Posts: 1,598 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Eric_Pisch wrote: »
    I can get you to loose 4 stone for £2000 easily :D

The one problem i have with this is what i have put in bold, the problem why we are fat is because we had no control over our eating and exercise, loosing the weight is great but if you then go back to how you where before this diet you are just going to pile the weight straight back on :(

You're not the only one Eric, less than half of that even!! But with healthy food in a controlled manner that relates more to 'normal' eating. Totally agree with you, control is a big issue.
  • I've lost nearly 4 1/2 stone in the last ten months... and it hasnt cost me a penny, in fact it has probably saved me money, as I have eaten less rubbish!

It does seem rare that people keep the weight off that they lost through rapid diets... actually, most dieters put the weight back on, whatever diet they used - but anything that is not sustainable is unlikely to show good long term results I would have thought!

I have tried top eat less calorie dense foods, only eaten when hungry, and only just enough to feel full... it's simple, it works, and it's sustainable!

Also, if I have really fancied fish and chips, or a meal out, I have had them, and just got back on the wagon the next day
  • sarahs999
    Many people, myself included, have emotional reasons for eating, and unless these are recognised and sorted it is simply not as easy as 'eat less'. It's like telling a smoker to 'smoke less' - unless you're in the right headspace and have had quite a lot of insight into your behaviour, it won't work.

My diet was expensive but it has worked, I don't regret a penny of it. It does have a very clear 'phasing off' and reintroducing you to eating normally and in a way that's sustainable. I did a lot of soul-searching to make sure I didn't fall back into the same habits. It's definitely hard to maintain, but worth it in every way.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure