...A new door opens

Options

Comments

• blackste
    blackste Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah i think you guys are right. I do love FD, great customer service is important to me. Some money switching seems a better option.

A quiet and lazy day for me. Sorted a few things out ready for moving out. Im not taking lots of stuff, ready for a fresh start when the new house is built.
    I did spend some time "window shopping" on the builders website, laughing at some of the prices for upgrades to the house. £600 for an induction hob which i can buy and fit myself for £480+CB. That was one of the better option as well. They want over £2300 for spotlights in the kitchen, dining room and bathrooms (about 20 spotlights).
    Completed a few surveys on CS for a few more dollars. If i make make £20pm on this for the time im spending, im ok with that.
    A quick shopping trip to MrT, and BM for meals for work this week. I knew i was saving some money meal prepping for work, rather than buying in work. I was averaging £5.60 for 2 meals, but prepping my own, making better quality, healthier food cost me £4.80. This will come down further when i move to my own place, as i can bulk buy.

Hope all are having a nice rainy bank holiday.
    Mortgage £242500 on completion
    FD CC 11/2014 £5900 (£3900 after BT)
    FD loan Approx £5700

Deeply depressing total - £254100
  • blackste
    Options
    Evening all.
    2 x 12 hour day shifts, so not a huge amount done MFW wise.
    Couple of surveys on CS, up to $11.50 and very painless so far.
    2 NSDs as both breakfast, lunch and teabags for brews were taken with me. Cheaper and healthier. Yay me.

On the spendy side, £352 left my account for search fees for the new house.
    Taking my son to see it tomorrow, he is really excited, which is awesome, as i thought he would find it all harder. Kids are durable things.
    FD loan Approx £5700

• blackste
    Options
    Hi there.
    Last of my night shifts here. Another 2 days of no spends, which is great.
    All food preprepared (dinner and breakfast as well as brews) so no spending in work, which makes me happy. It was also one of the guys birthdays, so he had to bring cakes in (KK donuts) nom nom.
    Off to visit a friend in Pontefract straight from here in the morning, so it will be a pub tea, and a pint whilst watching the football. Not too expensive though.
    Also i need fuel in the morning, so a friend is letting me use his costc0 card to fill up, which i believe is 3p per litre cheaper than the others nearby
    Also in spendy news, Son broke his mobile phone screen. Its not terrible, but i dont want him to cut himself on it, and after last weeks Darwin moment, it needs fixing. £70 bill early next week.
    No further house news specifically, except that im humming and harring about getting them to install wardrobes. They are very well priced, but i cant afford them right now really. Save now, and spend later? (they will cost about £300-500 more later).
    Too many choices right now.

Hope you are all well.
    FD loan Approx £5700

• Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Bad news re the phone screen! They are so easy to smash accidentally it's frustrating!

With your fitted wardrobes, have you considered looking at getting your own and installing them? We got quotes from a few very reputable companies but took the measurements to Ikea and saved £1-£1.5k that way and got exactly what we wanted, just a bit more manual labour involved. I guess it depends on the space you had to put them in but it's worth a thought?

Enjoy the footie and pint!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • blackste
    Options
    Evening all.

Kitten, the beers were most certainly enjoyed. Built a shed for my friend that afternoon, so they were earned. I was regretting them on sunday morning however. I agreed to do some last minute overtime, so had to be up at 5 to get to work in time. Slightly sore head.

So moneywise.
    Beers and tea in the pub ended up coming to around £38. More than i planned, but i dont drink often, so it all balances out.
    Sunday overtime should net me about £300 after tax, so im super happy about that. Wont arrive until mid july though. Half to savings, half to a credit card. I also spent a quid in the canteen today on some bacon, as friends OH sent me to work with some home made protein pancakes, fruit and goodies. Bacon and pancakes with honey was too much to resist.
    Good times.
    FD loan Approx £5700

• blackste
    Options
    Evening all.
    Bit of a spendy 2 days :(
    Had to pick up a few groceries yesterday, which ended up at nearly £18. However, i was due to take the mother for lunch, but we decided to stay in, and i cooked, so that balanced out a bit.
    Today i did my weekly (8 daily actually) shop to get my meal ingredients for work. Grand total for 4 shifts worth of breakfast and lunch is £4.43 per day. Not too bad at all. It will come down when i move into my new place (october).
    Got some more Cl!xsense stuff done, which takes me to just under $18. Im going to do this until the end of the month, then switch to swagbuck i think. CS seems to hassley now for withdrawals.
    Also, i started doing some stuff on pr0lific, which seems decent. Only started today, and im on £2.45 for 2 surveys. Yay me.

New house stuff is ticking along, i think i have more fees to pay this week which is a blow. Its payday next week, so that leaves me fairly skint until then.
    Oh well.
    FD loan Approx £5700

• blackste
    Options
    Morning all.

Well a busy few days since the last post here.
    2x 12 hour days shifts were a nightmare. Super busy days. Pays the bills though. Both days Were no spends though.
    Got past $20 on cl!xsense with a few easy surveys.
    Been more focused on pr0lific the last 2 days, and now at £3.60 with £7.75 pending.
    In house news, i have been informed that soon to be ex' mortgage has gone through, and a cheque has been released to me. The cheques in the post apparently ( haha one of lifes 3 great lies) so the next few days are going to focus around packing my bags, and heading to my parents. Very mixed feelings about it all. Happy to move on to the next stage of my life, and the adventures it will bring, but very sad that a marriage is ending, im losing having my son full time, and that i have put blood sweat and tears in to this house. Will miss my cat as well. Life is full of ups and downs though, and i always try to focus on the positives.
    2 night shifts coming up tonight and tomorrow. Not looking forward to them massively, but my mate, who was on holiday last week, is back, so some good laughs to be had. No doubt lots of talk on the election results as well, which is always interesting.

Hope you are all well.
    FD loan Approx £5700

• blackste
    Options
    Evening all.
    Things are a bit hectic right now. Im busy packing my life in to boxes, ready for the disappointing move to my parents. haha. Its kind of sad to see how few boxes my life fits in to. On the plus side, i dont have tons of clutter.
    Had a lovely afternoon with my son, his friend, my sister and the nephews and niece. Its 1 nephews 6th birthday on friday, and i cant make the party due to work. I took them all for waffles and milkshakes to make up for it. Lovely new shop opened last week near me. Much fun, and calories were had by all. Sent me back £30 though.

Withdrew a months work from cl1xsense today. A grand total of $22.57. Im leaving them for now, as i think overall, sw4gbucks are a better option. Also been focusing on pr0lific, and doing quite a bit better. They surveys seem more....interesting.
    Last day of the financial month for me tomorrow, and i have a grand total of £168 left this month. Not bad considering i have spent over £550 on fees for new house things. Going to put £100 into the save pot, and pay £68 from cc. Im due some back pay this month, about £270 i think. Probably split it 50/50 savings/cc.
    I also have to do a work shop tomorrow, but im only working 3 days this week, so that should be about £15.

oh nearly forgot, spent £230 on train and ticket for "summer in the city" in London in August. Will be getting half of that back from my friend, for her and her daughter. Will be a fun day out though.

Have fun.
    FD loan Approx £5700

• blackste
    Options
    Good day/bad day

Evening all.

Fairly mixed bad today. Been in work on a training course, so 8 hours, as either overtime or Leau time. Have to sort with my boss tomorrow to confirm which.
    While on said training course, i received an email from my mortgage adviser, requesting to payment for his excellent work. £350 well spent, but a bill i could manage without right now. Ho hum.
    Got home, and first job of opening the mail turned up a cheque for £50000 !!! hurrah, buyout money from wife arrived, so its full on pack my bags and !!!! off time.
    Got straight on the phone, cancelled plusnet and sky, so not much more to do finance wise.
    In other news, cl1xsense money went in to skr1ll, and they wanted £5 to transfer £17 to my bank. It ended up costing £2 to pay it off CC, so thats the way it went. Sadly thats the end for cl1xsense, as skrill is daylight robbery.
    Overall not a bad day.
    FD loan Approx £5700

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,897 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi! Good luck with the move home, I can only imagine how hard it must be, but you seem to be pretty positive about it all (on here anyway).

I agree about Prlific - the surveys are much more interesting (and less marketing focused) and the pay is good too.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure