Problems with Playstation 4 Pro, very refusing to deal with it.

I purchased a PS4 pro in Feb 2017 from Very. I have recently noticed that some games crash and freeze on it. So I want to return it to them and receive a fully working replacement.

I know this is a hardware issue as the games that freeze work perfectly on other consoles. I have tried rebooting my PS4 to default factory settings and still the problem persists.

Very are refusing to do this and have given me a contact number for Sony, to arrange sometime to come to home and look at the console and fix if possible. If not they'll take it away and look at it, with a view to replacing it.

I believe this is wrong and that it is Very that need to deal with the return.

I love the product and just want a working console. I don't want a refund.

Can anyone advise?

Comments

• cono1717
    cono1717 Posts: 762
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Very have a responsibility to either repair refund or replace the console in the first 6 months unless they can prove it's a manufacturing defect - but it is at their discretion as to which they do. In this case they are wanting to go down the route of a repair and are asking you to book it in with Sony, if you want to drag your feet and ask Very to do it then you have every right to, but it may be easier to arrange it with Sony first.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Very are also allowed to use an agent to carry out the diagnosis and repair, in this case the manufacturer Sony, you probably could ty to insist that they deal with it but it will take a lot longer than if you just go directly to Sony.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 2 June 2017 at 11:32AM
    cono1717 wrote: »
    Very have a responsibility to either repair refund or replace the console in the first 6 months unless they can prove it's not a manufacturing defect - but it is at their discretion as to which they do. In this case they are wanting to go down the route of a repair and are asking you to book it in with Sony, if you want to drag your feet and ask Very to do it then you have every right to, but it may be easier to arrange it with Sony first.

There was a word missing. :)

The seller (or their agent - Sony in this case) are allowed one attempt at repair. If the fault still exists (or returns) after repair then OP can reject the goods for a full refund (within 6 months from purchase/receipt - after 6 months the seller can reduce the amount of refund for usage, but it would be a churlish seller that did this within the first year).
  • cono1717
    cono1717 Posts: 762
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    DoaM wrote: »
    There was a word missing. :)

The seller (or their agent - Sony in this case) are allowed one attempt at repair. If the fault still exists (or returns) after repair then OP can reject the goods for a full refund (within 6 months from purchase/receipt - after 6 months the seller can reduce the amount of refund for usage, but it would be a churlish seller that did this within the first year).
    You passed the test! :D
  • JoshyBoy_2
    JoshyBoy_2 Posts: 104
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks for your responses, appreciated.

I have sent the Pro back to Sony and have contacted Very to let them know. I have yet to hear from Very with the next steps.

I'm a little confused as to what my rights are now. Ultimately I want a fully working PS4 Pro - to my mind this means brand new. I'm loathe to have a faulty one that is fixed - which to my mind makes it more likely to have problems further down the line.

This was purchased 10th of Feb, what are my consumer rights in terms of a replacement or full refund?
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    JoshyBoy wrote: »
    I'm a little confused as to what my rights are now. Ultimately I want a fully working PS4 Pro - to my mind this means brand new. I'm loathe to have a faulty one that is fixed - which to my mind makes it more likely to have problems further down the line.

This was purchased 10th of Feb, what are my consumer rights in terms of a replacement or full refund?

Answered in post 2
    Very have a responsibility to either repair refund or replace the console in the first 6 months unless they can prove it's a manufacturing defect - but it is at their discretion as to which they do. In this case they are wanting to go down the route of a repair and are asking you to book it in with Sony, if you want to drag your feet and ask Very to do it then you have every right to, but it may be easier to arrange it with Sony first.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • JoshyBoy_2
    JoshyBoy_2 Posts: 104
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Oakdene wrote: »
    Answered in post 2

What legislation (specific parts of legislation) should I be quoting to Bery to achieve this?

I guess there is some sort of manufacturer default as the console keeps hard crashing and resetting itself - so does that mean I'm not entitled to a replacement or refund?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 15 June 2017 at 5:53PM
    What legislation (specific parts of legislation) should I be quoting to Bery to achieve this?
    Chapter 2 of The Consumer Rights Act 2015.

I guess there is some sort of manufacturer default as the console keeps hard crashing and resetting itself
    As it is under six months since the sale, the fault is assumed to have been present at that time but maybe not apparent. It is for Very, or their agent Sony in this case to prove otherwise.

...so does that mean I'm not entitled to a replacement or refund?
    Re-read that first sentence in post#2 once more.
    Here it is again:
    Very have a responsibility to either repair refund or replace the console in the first 6 months unless they can prove it's [not] a manufacturing defect - but it is at their discretion as to which they do.

Post#4 expands on that:
    DoaM wrote: »
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite

Very are refusing to do this and have given me a contact number for Sony, to arrange sometime to come to home and look at the console and fix if possible. If not they'll take it away and look at it, with a view to replacing it.

I believe this is wrong and that it is Very that need to deal with the return.
    Why is it wrong. Very is an online retailer full of sales staff, they are not technicians, so how would they be able to fix your machine. This is why they gave you Sony details. yes they could told you to send it to them from repair, but all Very would do is send it off to Sony, but it would take twice as long for a fix as you send to Very and very wont just sent your 1 item, so your item many be sit at Very a few days and then set sent off to Sony and then it would be returned to Very who would then send it back to you, this may take 3 + weeks, but you going direct to Sony may cut that down to a week
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure