TSB switch

I have switched banks to TSB and they have now requested I go into a branch with my proof of ID which I will be doing this week.

I have read through the terms and conditions for receiving the £130 and it says I need to switch all my direct debits and any credit cards over which creates the full switch, otherwise I won't be eligible for the financial incentive.
I was under the impression this was all done automatically when you a switch current account to a new bank, I don't remember needing to manually switch anything when I moved from Halifax to the Co-op who I currently have my current account with.
I assumed that all the direct debits and my current balance would be transferred to my new account.

Also one more thing, if my salary gets accidentally paid into my old account (as the switch may coincide with me getting paid this month which means my employer won't have had a chance to input the new bank details) how long will it take to come over into my new account?

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have read through the terms and conditions for receiving the £130 and it says I need to switch all my direct debits and any credit cards over which creates the full switch, otherwise I won't be eligible for the financial incentive.
    Doubt it very much. Maybe read the T&Cs again?
    Also one more thing, if my salary gets accidentally paid into my old account (as the switch may coincide with me getting paid this month which means my employer won't have had a chance to input the new bank details) how long will it take to come over into my new account?
    Should be same day.
  • Sponge_Cake
    Sponge_Cake Posts: 119 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Sorry I meant credit card payments! Not just credit cards.
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Sorry I meant credit card payments! Not just credit cards.

Presumably you mean credit card direct debits, which will also be automatically transferred when you switch.

You can of course have multiple current accounts and switch those so long as you meet the terms and conditions, often a good idea to keep a primary account with one institution to show stability.
  • Sponge_Cake
    They've sent me an email saying I need to go into a branch with two forms of ID. Is this normal? Will I still get to switch and receive the bonus? I don't remember doing this when I switched to the co-op.
  • Sponge_Cake
    Also, they didn't ask me for my old account details when I applied, so how do they know where they are transferring the money and account details from?
    I thought that was the whole point in the full switching service. Will they ask me that in branch?
  • YorkshireBoy
    In your OP you said "I have switched banks to TSB". You quite clearly haven't if you haven't even completed a switch instruction form. All you've done so far is apply for an account.

If I click the MSE link, the TSB landing page says...
    To qualify for £130, you must first complete the account application and then the separate online switching form.

http://www.tsb.co.uk/cashback-money-saving-expert/?WT.mc_id=1613487%7C152316154%7C322563276%7C0
    So do you have online access yet? If not, then that's your priority.
  • Sponge_Cake
    Thank you.

How do I find the separate online switching form? I can't find it anywhere on the website or link.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,570 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    How do I find the separate online switching form? I can't find it anywhere on the website or link.
    It will be in your TSB account online banking.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Sponge_Cake
    I can't access online banking yet as I have to show my ID at a branch, before I am accepted to fully open the new current account.
    I'm going to the bank tomorrow to sort it out.

Oh this is all so confusing.
    Do you think it'll stop me from getting the £130 bonus?
  • YorkshireBoy
    I can't access online banking yet as I have to show my ID at a branch, before I am accepted to fully open the new current account.
    I'm going to the bank tomorrow to sort it out.

Oh this is all so confusing.
    Do you think it'll stop me from getting the £130 bonus?
    If you meet all the T&Cs, no. If you're happy you will, then the only thing stopping you will be the switch deadline. When do you have to complete by?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure