NEWSPAPER SUMMARY - Wednesday 14th November 2012

Please post here if you get any of today's newspapers or have the chance to look through one.
Please tell us if any of them contain coupons or freebies or vouchers OR NOT !

Important details are:
The cost of the newspaper
Whether it's a regional edition - SOME OFFERS MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE NATIONWIDE. (If buying the paper just because of a reported voucher/coupon - Check it is in your copy first)
Page number
Expiry date of the voucher
Whether it's store specific and has a barcode (POST the BARCODE NUMBER if possible)

Remember if you go shopping look in as many newspapers as you can.
Post even if you don't see any coupons, and mention any offers that you see.

Below you'll find a list of the abbreviations and how to interpret them.

MOC - Money Off Coupon
Bc - Barcode, good chance of universal scan
bc - only selected stores scan
Xwrd - Crossword
PUZ - Puzzle
T#3 - Token 3
T2collect - Token 2 Collect (generally you have to collect numerous tokens to get the offer)

Lets hope todays a good one for coupons

Link to yesterday's thread - Tuesday 13th November 2012
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4285095

WEEKDAY newspaper pricing details (MOST REGIONS) :

i 20p / Star 35p / Sun 40p / Mirror 45p / Express 50p / Mail 55p
Times £1 / Independent £1 / Telegraph £1.20 / Guardian £1.20

A new feature added at the request of several avid Newspaper Summary threads readers.
A link to the "MAGAZINE Offers" thread - worth checking post #1 & #2 and the last page probably on a daily basis.
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=3092480

Comments

• For a quick look at Todays Headlines

www.frontpagestoday.co.uk
  • 1) Free Newspaper
    Get a free week day paper (Mail or Telegraph) when you spend £5 or more..... if you have a My Waitrose card

More details here
    http://www.waitrose.com/home/mywaitr...per_offer.html

You can obtain a My Waitrose Card by completing a form in store (check the CS desk) or online.

2) Plus free tea or coffee to drink in the cafe or take away (no spend required) - just show them your My Waitrose Card

3) plus free Waitrose Kitchen and Love Life magazine
    Thanks to redagila
    "Waitrose kitchen magazine This is free if you have a Waitrose card otherwise £1.20.
    Inside are

sample Kenco Millicano with moc.
    50p moc for Velvet lotioned Toilet tissues 4 roll & competition for spa weekend
    £1 moc for Bavaria 2.8% lager 4 pack
    £1 moc for Bavaris 0.0% lager 6 pack
    Also some other competitions and lots of really yummy recipes
    "

From the website:-
    How do I get a FREE Waitrose Kitchen or LOVE Life magazine?
    Next time you’re in store, you can enjoy a complementary copy of Waitrose Kitchen or LOVE life magazine worth £1.20, simply by showing us your myWaitrose card.

It now seems confirmed that the offer for a free newspaper and free hot drink is ongoing. Obviously the sooner you get to Waitrose, the better chance you have of getting a paper - although my own store had half a dozen Telegraphs left at 5pm for the last few nights, and plenty of copies of the Mail, so I guess they have increased their order to cope with the demand for Free papers.
  • For peeps unable to access a Waitrose with cafe for their free hot drink........
    This week you will find a voucher in the Daily Telegraph for a free hot drink in Patisserie Valerie - details below from website:-
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/promotion...e-valerie.html

Claim a free illy coffee, tea or hot chocolate to enjoy with your Telegraph in Patisserie Valerie cafes nationwide every day from Monday, November 12 to Friday, November 18, 2012.

Choose your favourite drink from a wide range of options, including an illy Latte, Cappuccino, Espresso, Macchiato, Mocha or Americano, a finest tea, or a delicious hot chocolate.

How to claim

To claim your free tea, coffee or hot chocolate in any size, don't miss
    The Daily Telegraph any day from Monday, November 12 to Friday, November 18 for a voucher. Take the voucher to your nearest Patisserie Valerie cafe to claim your free drink.
    Click here to find your nearest Patisserie Valerie cafe

Offer excludes Patisserie Valerie Selfridges Trafford Centre. Only one voucher per person. See in-paper voucher from Monday, November 12 to Friday, November 18, 2012 for details and full terms and conditions.

NB, Each days voucher is valid for that day and the next only.
    So Mondays voucher was valid for Monday and Tuesday, and Tuesdays voucher was valid for Tuesday and Wednesday, and so on.

So if you are near a Waitrose and spend £5 you could get a free telegraph, and a free hot drink in the Waitrose Cafe...... if your Waitrose has a cafe.

If not but you are near a Patisserie Valerie you can get a free tea or coffee there instead/as well.

I will be near a Patisserie Valerie today - so fingers crossed I have time to indulge as I have a voucher from Tuesdays free Telegraph :D
  • http://www.disneysundeals.co.uk/

Thanks to claire21 for the following heads up :-

£9.50 family of 4 day trips to Disneyland Paris

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/disn...63278#comments

Quote from lachaplin on HUKD
    "Booking opens Wednesday (14/11/12) on disneysundeals.co.uk which means you can reserve dates and then you have to send them the 10 tokens to confirm the booking.
    Tokens come out in the Sun this Saturday (17/11/12)
    and will run everyday, I am not sure on how long but last year it was about 18 days of which you only needed 10 tokens"

I assume this all means you do not need to buy copies of the Sun for the tokens until Saturday, but you can go on line and reserve dates from Wednesday.
  • Nudge
    Nudge Posts: 6,979 Forumite
    Daily Mail

Page 42 2 for 1 at Family Festive Days Out Offer
    Coupon, for more details of this offer go to
    www.dailymail.co.uk/promotions

Page 50 Coupon for £5 Off £20 Spend on Healthcare
    Products, Valid at Boots Stores until 18/11

Page 50 Coupon for the Flu Jab for £9.99 at Boots,
    Valid to 26/11

Page 50 Coupon for £5 Off Boots Travel Vaccination
    Service, Valid to 31/1/13

Cash Bonus £4000
  • Nudge
    Daily Express

Page 18 Coupon for Free Health Lottery Ticket for
    Saturdays Draw, when you buy a Ticket for tonight
    Draw

Page 24 Voucher for 20% Off All I Tunes Gift Cards
    valid at WH Smiths Stores until 18/11
  • Nudge
    The Sun

TV Bizz Page 4 - Get 2 For 1 Winter Days Out Offer,
    For details go to www.thesun.co.uk/daysout

Free Twilight Breaking Dawn Poster Inside Todays
    Sun

Bingo 70 - 6 - 78 - 14 - 20 - 24 - 46 - 8 - 40 - 63
  • chum
    chum Posts: 1,188
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    In Waitrose, use your my waitrose card and pick up your free newspaper The Daily Telegraph when you spend £5.
    Use the voucher in the newspaper for free illy coffee, tea or hot chocolate at Valerie Pattiserie ............:j
    Chum ;)
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/bargains-deals-discounts/disneyland-paris

It bit more info about the sun and disneyland in martins newsletter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport