The Milton Keynes Money Savers Thread - Mark Four

Comments

• meeps
    meeps Posts: 465 Forumite
    is that vets in a little row of shops? if so, I went there as it was my closest when I had a kitten for her jabs, and got a stand in vet, the follow up appointment got cancelled twice then moved to another branch, and I decided to move somewhere else to get her spayed- found a lovely one in stony stratford in the end and was very happy with them. all a couple of years ago now though.
  • tigs78
    tigs78 Posts: 539 Forumite
    meeps wrote: »
    is that vets in a little row of shops? if so, I went there as it was my closest when I had a kitten for her jabs, and got a stand in vet, the follow up appointment got cancelled twice then moved to another branch, and I decided to move somewhere else to get her spayed- found a lovely one in stony stratford in the end and was very happy with them. all a couple of years ago now though.

That's the one - Vetsavers next door to Tesco Express - doesn't sound overly good then!

I've used the Stony Stratford branch of MK Vet group for many years and only moved to the Walnut Tree branch as they have longer opening hours. I'm very happy with MK Vet group (caring experienced vets etc) but it's just that Vetsavers is so close compared to Stony and Walnut Tree.
  • Hiya can anyone help us
    got holiday booked in august for a week in butlins skegness
    loking for a minibus and driver please to drive us to butlins on the saturday and return trip a week later........
    we are a family of 8
    can anyone help please
    cheers.......................
  • indiegirl_2
    indiegirl_2 Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I can only think of one minibus company locally and that's Bill's Minibuses
    http://www.billsminibuses.co.uk/
    ... I've never used him but have seen the buses around MK.
  • FairyShazza
    FairyShazza Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    Can anyone recommend someone in Milton Keynes who deals with boiler repairs? We have a problem with our boiler and need someone to come out. Must be Corgi registered.

I have a card of someone but it doesn't say they are Corgi registered and have been stung before by an unregistered engineer so am very wary now.
    One day Rodney we'll be millionaires
    £2020 in 2020 - Running Total £17
  • Sorry, can't recommend someone. Just that you need to look for GasSafe now, not Corgi.

Liz
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Can anyone recommend a financial advisor? Preferably one who doesn't charge directly .
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Can anyone recommend someone in Milton Keynes who deals with boiler repairs? We have a problem with our boiler and need someone to come out. Must be Corgi registered.

I have a card of someone but it doesn't say they are Corgi registered and have been stung before by an unregistered engineer so am very wary now.
    I recommend Hastings Maintenance; tel 01908 261066 mobile 07768 644620

We have used them many times; they got us out of the mire when British Gas mucked up our central heating system, and we have them back every year to service our boiler.

They are a husband-and-wife team, and we've found them to be very good.

I recommend calling the mobile in the first instance, as they're always out on a job.;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Suggs
    Suggs Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    Hi

Can anyone recommend a good car valet in MK at all?

Thanks
    Proud Member of the Lose Weight Thread on I Wanna..................

Started January 2006 Total loss 180.8lb 82Kg 12st12.8lb
  • indiegirl_2
    indiegirl_2 Posts: 1,077 Forumite
    I use the carwash next to the independent garage in Wolverton, on Stratford Road (opposite the Police station). They've always got cars of varying marques in line for a wash and valet, and if someone's going to trust their expensive Merc with the guys, then my runaround is more than safe there.

Alternatively, if you're at the other end of MK, there was one at the garage on Whaddon Way at the bottom of Shenley Road; when I worked down there a colleague of mine used them to shine up his Golf before he sold it. They did a very good job (but weren't cheap...)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure