GYm Membership - Belfast (whats on offer?)

Comments

• D.A.
    D.A. Posts: 1,159 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Folks

I've been around the Belfast Gym Circuit for the last few years. And I've finally found the best gym in Belfast - Fitspace on the Boucher Road. (I've tried most of them)

Hmmm...only 2 posts and both of them about Fitspace...
  • caz2703
    caz2703 Posts: 3,630 Forumite
    D.A. wrote: »
    Hmmm...only 2 posts and both of them about Fitspace...

Hmmmm funny that eh?
  • Bigcammy
    Bigcammy Posts: 1,099 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We really are a suspicious lot, aren't we? In this case, it's the second time a new poster has popped on and posted two posts about Fitspace, hmmmmm, I smell a rat!
    Norn Iron Club Member No. 252 :beer:
  • miss_maid
    miss_maid Posts: 82 Forumite
    Hey, fitness first at connswater is great!

£30pm but I think you'd get a better deal now, as far as I know there is no admin fee at the minute and you're only tied into the contract for 1 month (unlike most other places which are 12 month).

It's nothing fancy, but the do loads of classes - spinning, body pump, body attack etc and there's also a sauna and steam room too! :j

HTH
  • I received the following text -today- from David Lloyd

'' LAST DAY today to join David Lloyd Belfast summer membership! 3 months memberships are available so please call 02890 413300 for more info ''
  • BigAndy_79
    BigAndy_79 Posts: 569 Forumite
    :cool: I joined FF at Connswater two weekends ago. Got it for £30 a month on a no contract deal. No joining fee, either. Also got 3 personal trainer sessions and a pile of vouchers for shakes, drinks, protein bars, etc. Is very good. :beer:
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    PEC are doing 3 month membership for £99 at the minute if it's handy for anyone. No steam room though :(
  • Peter-bfast
    Peter-bfast Posts: 20 Forumite
    Jaime-V wrote: »
    H used to be in the new JJB one and liked it as it had the swimming pool etc as a lot don't. Think he had a deal £26 off peak or £36 peak.

Though check the contract as they can be tricky to get out off if you don't use it and want to cancel.

HTH

Yeah I seem to hear everybody ranting & raving about JJB in recent times, great prices and state-of-the-art gym facilities.

Keep meaning to take a nosey, as i'm currently with Fitness First paying similar prices for a lesser service by the sounds of things.
  • mypie
    mypie Posts: 291 Forumite
    Breathe at robinson centre has membership atm for £22 a month.
    “A house is made of walls and beams;
    a home is built with love and dreams.”
    2012 Challenge to buy most gifts and non essentials from money made online.:money:
  • drew2k9
    drew2k9 Posts: 521 Forumite
    miss_maid wrote: »
    Hey, fitness first at connswater is great!

£30pm but I think you'd get a better deal now, as far as I know there is no admin fee at the minute and you're only tied into the contract for 1 month (unlike most other places which are 12 month).

It's nothing fancy, but the do loads of classes - spinning, body pump, body attack etc and there's also a sauna and steam room too! :j

HTH

that gym is a joke! they are a bunch of rip off merchants who also tried to sell me the monthly rolling membership, without mentioning to me at the time that they "accidentally" put it on their system that i was a 12 month contract member, which is cheaper but you have to be there the full year. oh and did i mention that i was paying on DD the more expensive cost? then when i tried to get out of my membership, which i was entitled to do because i was paying extra a month for the option to do so, i got hit with letters from a debt collectors?

i must also mention that when i went to cancell they knew i was on the rolling contract and let me cancel at my local gym no problem and i signed the correct forms too (and luckily kept a copy). it was a month later i recieved two letters from "head office" in england, saying i owed then over £300!!!

of course i didnt pay, and held out protesting my innocence the whole time, until finally 3 months later, 6 visits with members of staff and countless phonecalls to my gym, the head office and the debt collectors, they finally admitted they were wrong, and it was all written off.

i would never go back after what they put me through!

also it is a poser gym for men who can only do weights in mirrors...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure