Scuba Shifts North and Debt.

Comments

• scubaangel
    scubaangel Posts: 6,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Helpfully the official email with my job offer didnt include the time or location of my start just the date....have emailed her and as I got home from Scotland less than an hour ago am going or a shower then will attempt to call her.

Needless to say my week on holiday was lovely. And the trip to Scotland was fabulous.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5135113
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    scubaangel wrote: »
    Helpfully the official email with my job offer didnt include the time or location of my start just the date....have emailed her and as I got home from Scotland less than an hour ago am going or a shower then will attempt to call her.

Very helpful indeed.
    Needless to say my week on holiday was lovely. And the trip to Scotland was fabulous.

Not needless to say at all. You certainly struck lucky with the weather.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Had a text back with my start time and location which was helpful.

First day seemed to go ok, lots to remember but the coffee shop side of things is pretty easy.

Am just rather shattered and have been all day, I fear I did too much over the weekend.
    It’s not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren’t doing it.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• ZTD
    Had a text back with my start time and location which was helpful.

Amazingly so.
    First day seemed to go ok, lots to remember but the coffee shop side of things is pretty easy.

What's the other side?
    Am just rather shattered and have been all day,

*Always* happens in a new job. You'll probably have a early night tonight.
    I fear I did too much over the weekend.

Better than doing too little.

What did you do?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    You mean after flying back to the UK, falling in to bed at 3am, and then being in Cumbernauld by midafternoon for a party in the evening. Rolling in to bed about 3am again then driving home.....

The other side is the paperwork stuff, y'know the bit that isnt making coffee and chucking it at customers. :D
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• ZTD
    You mean after flying back to the UK, falling in to bed at 3am, and then being in Cumbernauld by midafternoon for a party in the evening. Rolling in to bed about 3am again then driving home.....

So a slightly less than busy weekend then? ;)

Good time there? What did you do?
    The other side is the paperwork stuff, y'know the bit that isnt making coffee and chucking it at customers. :D

The exciting part!
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Good time where?

Tenerife? We visited El Medano, Siam Park, did a whale watching sailing trip (absolutely amazing, 30ft racing yacht with a total of 9 people aboard including the skipper), not as much swimming at the beach this year as the sun didn't leave the balcony until nearly 6pm rather than the 3pm it was doing in January as well as the usually wandering around the village, to the next village etc.

In Scotland I was going to a BBQ to celebrate a friend leaving the army, was something of a late night as we left at 0230, and it was a 40 minute drive from her house back to the flat of the friend I was staying with.

Job is going ok, still a little over whelmed by the paperwork but am sure it'll come together.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• ZTD
    Tenerife? We visited El Medano, Siam Park, did a whale watching sailing trip (absolutely amazing, 30ft racing yacht with a total of 9 people aboard including the skipper),

Have you seen the video of the whale and the kayakers? It must have been sniggering for hours afterwards...
    Job is going ok, still a little over whelmed by the paperwork but am sure it'll come together.

Welcome to the pen-pushing side of the economy... ;)
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • scubaangel
    First Anniversary
    Yup, didnt everyone except the kayakers snigger for hours afterwards.....

At least there's some hands on !!!!!ing at customers involved along with a fair chunk of lone working during the week.
    Sir Terry Pratchett
    Find my diary here

• ZTD
    Yup, didnt everyone except the kayakers snigger for hours afterwards.....

I'm sure they must have laughed once they washed the brown tide out of their boats.
    At least there's some hands on !!!!!ing at customers involved along with a fair chunk of lone working during the week.

Some hands on whatting? :eek:

(Or is this where we fill our own words in like Blankety Blank?)
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport