PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

summer's here....any salad recipes?

1282930313234»

Comments

• lindab15
    lindab15 Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I love salad - sadly, I end up having it more often as an accompaniment than as the main meal ...... but have found that if I add some olives and feta cheese it feels a bit more substantial and would 'stand alone'.

Also like a sort of caesar salad with chicken, olives and a grating of parmesan on top.

Need to do this more often.
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    cold leftover pasta makes fantastic salads. just mix with prawns and marie rose dressing.
    marie rose dressing
    one third part of each
    Mayonaise
    salad cream
    tomato ketchup
    dash worster sauce
    a little salt if liked.
    mix!

or mix the pasta with a salsa dip (I know its a cheat! but its delish)

cold rice is lovely with either Sweetcorn and cooked French beans.
    or with tinned mandarin oranges!
    oh and another favourite salad is celery, mayo and chopped nuts. I don't care what flavour nuts! have done this with walnuts, hazelnuts, salted peanuts and cashew nuts and they all taste lovely!
  • The OH makes a really nice salad with mixed salad leaves, cucumber, tomato, spring onion, crispy bacon, paprika croutons, Cheshire cheese and walnuts with blue cheese dressing. It's a bit of an assembly job but very tasty.

My favourite at the moment is grated carrot with cashews and raisins and a homemade honey, mustard dressing.
    Over futile odds
    And laughed at by the gods
    And now the final frame
    Love is a losing game
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,687 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    What a great idea for a thread.
    I love salads, possibly my favourite foods. We had some today. A mixed bean salad which was just tinned mixed beans, sweetcorn, spring onions and dressing.
    Beetroot, feta, red onion and walnut in honey and mustard dressing. Bulgar wheat salad with mint, parsley lemon baby toms and cucumber.
    Enough left for lunch at work tomorrow.
  • CAT££
    CAT££ Posts: 341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've made a sausage, red onion and mushroom frittata (with LO sausage from last night) and a potato salad (using Charlotte potatoes, chives, red onion, petit pois, chives and 1/2 lf mayo and 1/2 creme fraiche) will have a side salad of little gem, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper & celery with a drizzle of HM honey and mustard dressing.
    Cat :wave:
  • barneydee_2
    barneydee_2 Posts: 318 Forumite
    Just going to bump this up as I love salads & there is loads of ideas on here
    Just on page four
    Dee x
    July grocery challenge £250.00/£408.93
    August grocery challenge£350.00
    2/8£28.46
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts