memory foam matresses

Ive a bad back (degenerative discs) and my current bed is driving me nuts. Ive heard that memory foam is the way to go has anyone got any ideas who sells them at good prices near Belfast?
Don’t really want to order from the Internet.

Thanks

F

ps any experience of memory foam mattresses or toppers?

Comments

• We have one. It was expensive but is very comfortable. Except for the fact that it is much warmer than a normal mattress. There were some good threads about this but bet they've gone now. The biggest piece of advice I remember (which we got wrong!) was to buy a mattress with springs underneath the memory foam. There was some kind of formula for how deep the foam should be (around six ins if I remember right?).

Sorry we bought it pre MS days and paid a fortune for it so can't recommend any particular shop.
  • Greentea
    Greentea Posts: 495 Forumite
    The best place for memory foam mattresses is the factory shop in Balloo Industrial Estate up from Homebase in Bangor. They have a showroom where you can try out the mattresses.

They sell a number of memory foam mattresses all foam or foam on pocket springs.

www.so-2-sleepni.co.uk
  • fredy34
    fredy34 Posts: 245 Forumite
    thats great thanks ill go to that place on sat and have a look.
  • whitedj
    whitedj Posts: 10 Forumite
    We recently got a superking size bed from O'Briens Furniture in Limavady. It came with the memory foam mattress. It is very comfortable and the bed is a lot warmer than a normal mattress.
    They were very well priced and had a good selection in stock to try out. If you are near by then I would def recommend visiting them.
  • I would highly recommend a memory foam matteress, i got one a couple of years ago and i have never looked back! Mine was a great bargain, i got it in the Reids smoke damage sale for £75 including bed base. It was originally priced at £699. But you really do get what you pay for.
    Undefeated Wii Fit ski jump champion!
    Vegas Junkie....

Festering_Plates' number one fan! :T
  • RooBee
    RooBee Posts: 282 Forumite
    We have one and i love it!! No more niggling back pains. It was expensive though but the cheaper ones we tried felt like lying on breeze blocks.
  • jetboy
    jetboy Posts: 524 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We have one. Great for bad backs. They're not cheap though. The memory foam pillows are great too.
    Timmay!
  • QVC sell True Sleeper Memory Foam Mattress Topper

http://www.qvcuk.com/ Not sure how the prices compare to those locally but there is a 30 day money back guarantee.
    Norn Iron Club Member No 105
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,181 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Also try Starplan .. I am not convinced by the memory foam stuff yet and reckon that you still need a good pocket spring mattress underneath it (no sense in having memory foam if the underlying mattress is rubbish)

Ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • We bought a mattress topper from a place in junction 1 for £70, money well spent. it is very comfortable although feels a bit wierd until you get used to it. I'd definitely buy a full mattress when it wears out or i've the money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure