Lulabelle's MFW Diary

Options

Comments

• nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Options
    lulabelle1 wrote: »
    This months mortgage payment has hit the balance, so signature updated accordingly...... Roll on the day when it falls below the 100k mark, I think that maybe a little mini celebration will be in order.

You and I owe approximately the same amount of mortgage - expect you own more bricks than me, and are FAR better with the O/Ps so will no doubt leave me behind with my piddly-wee payments:D

I love pasta concoction meals as it's possibly one of the few meals I can make without the need to pop out to the supermarket to buy any 'essential' ingredient.

PS. great bargain in TK! and well done on your careful spends achievement:T

NP:D
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Natty, the reindeer is quite splendid! He's still in my little office upstairs, DH put him in there the other day, I went in to grab something and the lights were off, I thought there was a small dog in the room and squealed with horror! I'm used to him now thought as I've been working from home week, so he's been sitting next to me to keep me company, lol.

I'm doing my best with the op's while I'm able to, but who knows how long it will continue for.... We've had a really tough qtr and am in the proceeds of putting together next years budget, hopefully I can continue to earn the same salary for the time being, but I need to put in some serious efforts to keep the business growing... However, I have my three legged frog sitting next to the fromt door, so I'm optimistic! (google three legged frogs if you've no clue what I'm talking about). It was a gift from my wonderful business partner...
  • nattypants
    Options
    Hey lulabelle

I did have to look up the three legged frog, however do absolutely buy into Feng Shui (I also subscribe to the 'law of attraction' however obviously need to focus more on that one otherwise I would be mortgage free, and have a Johnny Depp look-a-like in my bed every evening:rotfl:)

Best get on move in for work - day 2 of doing interviews...uuuurgghh

• lulabelle1
    Options
    I think the three legged frog works best if your first one is given to you as a gift.... however, you need to receive it from someone who has lots of dosh and is happy to share a bit their good fortune with you - it was the best gift that my business partner ever gave to me, as it had a nice meaning.... anyway, no idea if these things really work BUT, it's a lovely idea and in fairness I received a lovely bonus within a month of putting my frog in situ. It's all a bit quiet on the bonus front at the moment but I mustnt grumble, I feel really fortunate...

I'm with you on the laws of attraction too - I really believe in this and feel quite cross when people just whinge and moan about things all of the time - especially when it's just little things that don't really matter. That said, Johnny Depp hasn't been in my bed yet either....

Off to London for a meeting later this morning, looks like it will be a lovely sunny Autumn day. I love this time of the year when all of the leaves start to change colour - it's so pretty, especially on a lovely sunny day like today. Perfection.
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    London was lovely today - the sun was shining and the place wasn't too busy. It was just a short trip and was only there for a couple of hours, although it seems to take up a whole day with the travelling there and back.

Didn't spend any money whilst I was there either... I remember previously I would always buy something when I went in to London, I just found it impossible to resist.....

DH has just gone out to do the weekly shop, deep intake of breath.

I haven't made any additional OP's yet this month so i might need to go and do a little bit of account tidying. I should really do some eBaying but need to work up some motivation. The thought of taking pics, listing, answering stupid questions, wrapping things, running off to the post office every day is not having a huge amount of appeal to me right now. BUT I will endeavour to work up to it soon and perhaps see if I can get myself organised and do some over the weekend. I need to find some additional OP's from somewhere!!

It's our 10th wedding anniversary next month, so need to organise something. Lovely sister has offered to look after the children. Will just do something local to where she lives as I don't feel right flying off somewhere when they are still quite young. Question is do we do a MSE anniversary or a screw the OP's type of anniversary..... perhaps we'll find something in the middle.
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Ahhhh.... that's better - emergency account tidying so that I could make an overpayment. £8.70 gathered from the various accounts and sent off to the Mortgage!
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Indulged in a Thai takeaway last night..... We were sensible with our order though and spent £15, so not too bad..... Our lovely friends have invited us for Sunday dinner, I'd already bought in food but we will have a roast chuck in the week instead.... So maybe this balances our takeaway indulgence?

Watched bridesmaids last night (love film), thought it was quite funny..... Would like to be able to watch a film without feeling the need to point out the xpensive handbags to my DH, knowing the make and model of each fancy bag in all of the films we have watched recently indicated the I still have a problem (addiction) that needs to be fixed.

I received an email offering $200 off already reduced certain bag designer this morning...... I'm doing my upmost to resist. Pathetic I know.

I'm 4 months in to a bag ban at the moment, I'd set myself a 12 month target so it would be pretty useless to fail now. Plus of course I have my MF goal and I don't want to jeopardise it, so I need to be good.

Starting to think about next years holiday plans, much of which depend on whether I get any bonus in the next 6 months. I've committed (to myself) that salary will be used for OP's, and that bonus will pay for a holiday....... Holiday options at the moment are; week in St Ives staying at the same place as last time, we all had a lovely time, or, Paris - a few days in Paris itself and a few days at Disneyland Paris plus a few days somewhere else to make it a week - is was DS1's idea as he's started to learn French, he didn't realise there was a Disneyland there...... Final option (which would need significant bonus!!) is a family trip to Florida - either 2 weeks in may/June (ds1 would need 1 week out of school) or 3 weeks in July/August (no time out of school).......

The sensible side of me says that we should have a week at butlins and put any bonus (if there is any) towards the mortgage..... However, I'm happy with the plan to have it paid by the end of 2016 and although it would be nice to get rid sooner, I want to enjoy the family time as best I can along the way..... Life really is too short, so we have to make the most of it.

Anyway, enough of my Saturday ramblings.... Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
  • nattypants
    Options
    Please don't be so hard on yourself lulabelle - you're doing amazingly well and £15 is indeed not bad going for a Thai takeaway. For some reason I have never watched Bridesmaids all the way through, although the parts I have watched have been v funny!

I think that family holidays are very important and very much regret not taking my children on (family) holidays more often when they were younger. Although they are now in their late teens and holiday with friends we have been discussing a holiday next year so hopefully I will be able to put aside enough funds to treat them.

And you are absolutely correct - life is far too short:T

• Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Hi LB, a holiday to any of the Disney places whilst the kids are younger will be great fun. We took ours about 10 years ago and had a fantastic time and we still talk about it now, after so many years. That's an investment, in my opinion, in memories :)

Maybe something to think about - you have sold some bags over the last few months, so what about selling some more, and using those funds for spending money instead of OPs?

Clearing the mortgage by 2016 is fantastic anyway, it's 2013 in 3 months and then 3-4 years and it'll be gone :j

Have a good weekend, Tilly x
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • lulabelle1
    Options
    Thanks for posting Natty and Tilly...

Great suggestion re bags Tilly, but I only have a few left now..... We'll find a way to have a holiday even if it's not the big Florida one. Worse case scenario I can always miss a few OP's - although the thought makes me shudder, lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure