Lulabelle's MFW Diary

Comments

• Hey Nattypants, thanks so much for popping by and leaving the message. I sometimes wonder whether I'm just typing pointless drivel but it's lovely to hear that it's sparked some kind of motivation in you to get cracking on eBay. Go for it!! I'll be popping by your thread to see how you are getting on.

I need to find some motivation myself at some point soon to start listing a load of stuff that I've got stashed to one side... Maybe in a few weekends time.

I'm away for a few days from tomorrow morning and I'm trying to work out what on earth to pack. It's for a conference in London and there will be evening dinners/entertainment etc.... It's that awkward time of year wear Summer stuff isn't warm enough and looks wrong and winter stuff will make me sweat like a (ladylike) pig. Decisions decisions. First of all I need to cajole DH in to getting my small case down from the loft. I've asked several times over the last few days but it still hasn't made it down.

We tidied DS1's bedroom this morning. It was such a tip - it's looking much more pleasing to the eye now, although I'm sure by the time I get back on Wednesday afternoon, it will be a mess again. DS2 is sitting in there right now playing with his brothers lego, so I guess the messiness has probably already started.

I'm cooking a Sunday roast a bit later for our friends. I'm really looking forward to it. We had pancakes this morning (I bring back the buttermilk pancake mix and syrup from the States when I go over there - good old Aunt Jemima) and they were lovely... hopefully they will tide me by until the Roast is ready later this afternoon.

Happy Sunday everyone, hopefully you are enjoying a day of rest!!
  • lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Absolutely pouring down here...
    I've kind of packed for my few days away but still not totally convinced that I have packed the right things.
    Beef is in the oven, veg is all prepped.
    I'm still in my jarmies so I guess I should get dressed since its almost 2.30 in the afternoon.
    DH and DS2 have gone to Mr T for some super glue - DH wants to glue some more of the lego sets together so that we don't end up with pieces of them spread throughout the house.
  • lulabelle1
    Rcvd final bill today from EDF, I have to pay them £175, grrrrrrr. That's the most annoying thing about switching suppliers....

Hopefully I will receive the cashback for making the switch some time soon and than can be a nice little OP.

Heading off for a weekend away to see family shortly. Will collect DS1 from school a little bit earlier in the hope that it will avoid the busiest times on the motorway.
  • nattypants
    nattypants Posts: 2,577 Forumite
    Hi Lulabelle - I hope the conference in London went well and your wardrobe made it through the unpredictable climate;)

How annoying re EDF, however as you say, cash back from your switch might makes things a wee bit sweeter:money:

Have a safe journey and lovely family weekend.

Look forward to catching up with you soon.

NP:D
    February13 - £74990 (or thereabouts)
    MND - Let's go for 2020 'cos it's got a nice ring to it:D
    C'mon nattypants:cool:
  • lulabelle1
    Thanks Natty - the conference was much better than expected and I managed to bundle enough items in to my small suitcase to survive!

Had a lovely weekend, but as always, managed to spend money on things that we wouldn't usually..... I always like to treat my family as they are on a much more restrictive budget than we are and I don't like to let them pay for things.

I also made the mistake of going to TKMaxx with my sister - we're lethal in there together... although it wasn't too bad this time - I came back with; a wooly hat - which was very handy for the walk around the park later in the day, it was very windy, so felt lovely and snuggly warm, Christmas cards - always planning ahead and they were a little bit different to the usual cards that I end up with from boots, Halloween candle holder, Halloween/pumpkin welcome hanger thingy for the front door - I like to pick up one or two things a year to add to the Halloween stash, I never used to bother before I had children..... and finally a 3 foot reindeer!!!!!!!!! It's a really lovely wicker dark brown reindeer with big antlers and a red nose, how funny - I thought it would be lovely in the lounge with the Christmas decorations - again I like to pick up a few things each year to add to the Christmas stash! I fully expected it to be priced at around £20 (which I prob would have paid) but when I saw it was priced at £5.99 I jumped with glee and proudly carried him around the store for the next half hour whilst we looked in every single department. It's our ritual whenever we get together although usually most things end up back on the shelf again by the time we make it to the cash register.

To be fair, the financial damage could have been much worse and before my MF journey, it WOULD have been much much worse.

Anyway, I'm sure everyone else has been much better than me and I doubt very much whether any of you have bought reindeers over the weekend - it's just aswell I don't often go to the shops.
  • lulabelle1
    Did the food shopping yesterday - just to last until the end of the week, so only spent £40 which is great....

Trip out to a meeting in the afternoon which was lovely.

Working from home all day today.... Using left over beef and ale stew from last week to make a pie for dinner, hope it's nice. Might actually be a NSD if we're lucky.
  • lulabelle1
    This months mortgage payment has hit the balance, so signature updated accordingly...... Roll on the day when it falls below the 100k mark, I think that maybe a little mini celebration will be in order.
  • lulabelle1
    cooking some sort of pasta concoction tonight for dinner - I have left over tomatoe sauce from the meatballs that i made on Monday night, so will use that along with some of the salami/cheese/mozarella that are in the fridge.

Need to pop off to the post office shortly, so sadly this means that it wont be a NSD.

Will start to put together the meal plan for next week this evening along with the shopping list. Will cook some soups and perhaps a stew or something as these are fairly cheap and make do for lots of meals for the freezer. Feel free to share any of your favourite bargain meals!!
  • lulabelle1
    Pasta concoction went down very well with all involved. The boys put it all together, so they were keen to eat something that they had helped to make. Result!

Other than some postage, no spending....
  • lulabelle1
    Oh my giddy Aunt - I just had a look back at the first page of my diary which was written around 11 months ago - I can't believe how much things have changed in that time in regards to spending. I'm actually feeling rather proud and happy with what we have achieved after reading through that!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure