PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• patentgirl
    patentgirl Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hiya everyone

A NSD for me today, managed to get a friends DD to take my DD to work experience and gave her a packed lunch today so that has saved me loads, worked out got enough food in to last at least a week so should have quite a few NSDs on the trot once you have done one I find it easier to keep going.

My thoughts are with you Mrs M and your family sending you lots of lovexx

Mumzyof2 if it late you should definately get the delivery charge back and I would ask for a voucher for the inconvience of having to stop in (even if you wasnt going out anyway) the driver will porbably tell you to ring head office bu tstill worth asking him
    Frugal challenge 2024

• Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    OrkneyStar wrote: »
    Yeah nikki mentioned this too. We did not check out the sweetie aisle, largely cos we have some in at the moment and I am trying to resist eating too much choccie (its ok in home baking though lol). I am planning some time in a few weeks to pop along with a list of value stuff folk have mentioned and see what they do stock, as its a small Tesco and absolutely full of locals at the mo! Even paying what we did for the value stuff is soooooo much cheaper than what we have had to pay for Scotbloc and the likes, even Tesco own is cheaper than that so am chuffed to have got the value stuff for 39p :D

Yes, sorry, Nikki, you're too quick for me... :D I was trying to catch up with the posts and would have forgot if I didn't do it then and there...:o

Mrs M, so sorry to hear your news. Love and hugs to you and your family at this sad time.

Big Mumma, thanks for letting us know. you get used to people on here and I come on here for a bit of excapism and also because of the feeling of friendship you all give with the help and advice you offer so freely - so rare in todays world, so it's like my extended family and I feel really sad now.

Still feeling bleugh and have spent most of this morning in bed - have just got up to catch up with threads and some other stuff on here.

For anyone copying recipes and stuff: I copy and paste mine all onto one word document, but it is now 36 pages long and I can never find anything, so this is what I do now:
    1. Highlight the heading of the recipe (ie: twinks Hobnobs)
    2. Click on 'insert' at the top of the page (usually next to 'file' & 'edit')
    3. then click on 'bookmark'
    4. type in the name you want for the bookmark (you can't put any spaces in this - ie: 'twinkshobnobs') and click 'add'
    5. do this for all your recipes
    6. then at the top of the page, make a list of all the recipes you have just bookmarked
    7. highlight each one individually (our example again is 'twinks hobnobs'), click on insert again and then click 'hyperlink'
    8. click on the 'bookmark' button (usually on the right hand side)
    9. and there are all your bookmarks you did, click on the one you want to go to (which would obviously be 'twinkshobnobs' in this example) and click OK
    10. then you have a list at the top, which when you click on the recipe title you want, it will take you down to the page it is on (even if there are 36 pages)!
    You can even sort these into alphabetical order if it helps.

This sounds complicated, but it really isn't - best thing to do is just try it if you're not sure.

Hope that helps someone
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • zoe260373
    zoe260373 Posts: 868 Forumite
    greent wrote: »
    I always highlight, right click, copy and then paste into a word doc - have LOADS of GC recipes stored like that now:D Just need to sort them and index them....... one day........ maybe......:rotfl: :rotfl:

Gt
    x
    :rotfl: yep....me too...one day eh:rolleyes:
    family is me,oh,16yDS,10DD,9DS&17month old DS,2dogs,3cats,4bunnies,5 ex battery hens&5fish.GC challenge-/£300:pspends already this month-animal food-£28,mr T shop-£119.plus local shop spends total spent £257,:j
  • zoe260373
    zoe260373 Posts: 868 Forumite
    Just wanted to add, I presume you use white vinegar Zoe, but I thought I should say, as I told a friend of mine that I use vinegar in this way before and she put malt in...:eek: Oooops, so now I always make a point of saying 'white' just in case... :p Hope you didn't mind me adding that bit...
    course i dont mind:) however i quite often use malt if ive no white,ive not found much difference to be honest,was a bit scared the first time but all woked out ok:j
    family is me,oh,16yDS,10DD,9DS&17month old DS,2dogs,3cats,4bunnies,5 ex battery hens&5fish.GC challenge-/£300:pspends already this month-animal food-£28,mr T shop-£119.plus local shop spends total spent £257,:j
  • angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    Denise You could just add this post ( Recipe Index )to your favourites instead of adding them all seperately ;)

Turbo5019 72 cheesy biscuits!!!? :) Did you do a triple batch or something? I wouldn't be able to make that many cos I always eat half of them before they've even cooled!! It must be baking day here cos I've just made gingerbread [strike]men[/strike] cookies and am gonna try the soft bread rolls in a bit. (So jealous of you having flower cutters OrkneyStar :o I've only got round ones :()

2649687656_4bfc9e165f.jpg

Better go have some lunch before I eat them all! :p

Nikki
    x
    :A
  • hey all,

nsd today, too damned busy in work to do much, just about caught up on this thread again tho.
    having hm hoummous and veggies for lunch and have spinach tagliatelle (from lidl) with leftover slow cooked pork for dinner.

hugs to MRSM - we are all thinking aboutyou x
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• Boomdocker
    Boomdocker Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Just seen the update on MrsM. Would just like to add my condolances. xx
    Boots Card - £17.53, Nectar Points - £15.06 - *Saving for Chrimbo*
    2015 Savings Fund - £2575.00
  • angelnikki
    Forgot to ask: I kept all the seeds from a couple of peppers when they were 35p @ MrT and sprouted and planted them. I have about 5 coming through so far and it looks like there's gonna be loads more too. :D
    2649711482_b2d1f6e452.jpg
    They are on my window sill at the moment but will put them outside when theyre a bit bigger. Was just wondering if anyone knew if it was going to be too late in the year for them? and also they have been planted in house plant compost - does this make a difference and will they still be safe to eat (if I get any from them) Can anyone help? :confused: TIA
    Nikki
    x
  • Sian_the_Green
    Sian_the_Green Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Can my recipe go on the index? My mum would be so proud ;)
    God is good, all the time
    Do something that scares you every day
  • angelnikki
    Can my recipe go on the index? My mum would be so proud ;)

:o Oops sorry forgot... *runs off to the first page*

*runs back* done - Looks v yummy btw :)

Nikki
    x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts