Add your feedback on energy supplier Sainsbury’s Energy

Comments

• Oh dear all the same experiences as above - had hoped I was a one off. Not prepared to hang on phone for 40mins...... will have to try and email meter readings and hope for the best.
  • I took a switch (1st ever) a while back to EDF with no exit fees, went well with just some minor glitches, they were easy to contact and soon all was good.

I missed the Group Buy Sainsburys deal so grabbed to regular one which was top of the list for me, hit the button and expected the same smooth experience.......

They have some problem with my gas meter number, no probs, I have the info they need, but......

I can't submit it via the website because there's a fault there which prevents the completion of that process. Ive tried phoning 5 times now, they want me to wait for ever increasing lengths of time to sort the problem.

I'm not able to do that.

In the undated letter they sent they say that unless they hear within 14 days they will have to cancel the transfer.

Sounds like a luck escape to me. :T

Sainsburys are an over priced supermarket and I should have known better than to trust anything with their name attached I suppose, as for British Gas, I would have expected better.

You live and learn and I notice EDF has a deal which for me is only a fiver a month more that Sainsbury / British gas.

What worries me now though is I could get stuck with Sainsburys taking the electricity over and abandoning the gas ?

I wish I'd not pressed that damn button.
  • British_Gas
    British_Gas Posts: 86 Organisation Representative
    CHKath wrote: »
    Oh dear all the same experiences as above - had hoped I was a one off. Not prepared to hang on phone for 40mins...... will have to try and email meter readings and hope for the best.

Apologies for the delay getting through to us, is you call 0800 107 4985 and use our automated service to give a meter reading.
    Many Thanks
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • British_Gas
    British_Gas Posts: 86 Organisation Representative
    Many apologies for the long waiting times and issues you have been experiecing. We are dealing with an unprecedented number of enquiries for Sainsburys Energy tariffs and are doing all we can to deal with this. Please call 0800 107 4985 to give a meter reading using our automated service or email [EMAIL="media@britishgas.co.uk"]media@britishgas.co.uk[/EMAIL] with all your details if you are still having issues.
    Many Thanks
    Jennifer
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of British Gas. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • stevem999
    stevem999 Posts: 162 Forumite
    stevem999 wrote: »
    Yes, thanks. I emailed all my issues to that address on Wednesday evening. No response so far, 48 hours later. Not holding my breath.

To the British Gas representative who comes and replies to some comments on here. I am still waiting for any response to my emails to the collective switch email address or the [EMAIL="'media@'"]'media@'[/EMAIL] email address you suggest. Been over a fortnight since I first emailed to the collective switch address and a week since the media address. Useless.

Of particular concern to me now is that the estimated electricity reading you used and sent to my old supplier is now being queried by them. If you had actually sent the letter to me and asked me for a reading in time, this would not be a problem. Now they say it may take 6-8 weeks to resolve. Not my fault. YOURS.

Also, please advise why the tariff details for the collective switch are not available on my account. Whenever I click on the link for details of my tariff, it is just blank. Given my experience with you so far, I want to check I am actually being billed at the rates advertised for the collective switch.
  • StarshipUK
    StarshipUK Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Just got this E-Mail from Scottish Power:
    Your account is closed with us on 2 March 2015.
    I have finalised your Gas account with the final meter reading received from your new supplier. You will receive your Gas invoice in 3 to 5 working days.
    At the moment we haven’t received your Electricity final meter reading from your new supplier. As per industry standards it can take up to 42 days for this to be received.
    Once the Electricity final meter reading has been received we will issue your Electricity final invoice and if you are in credit this will be refunded within 4 weeks of your final invoice.

Not as smooth as other transfers I have done in the past, and guess I now have to wait another 42 days for SE\BG to send that electricity meter reading and another 4 weeks after that before Scottish Power refund me the remaining credit.
  • locky123
    locky123 Posts: 466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Many apologies for the long waiting times and issues you have been experiecing. We are dealing with an unprecedented number of enquiries for Sainsburys Energy tariffs and are doing all we can to deal with this.
    Jennifer

What exactly are you doing and by when?

Sounds like bad planning, what do you expect when your tariffs are some of the lowest. What did your highly paid marketing magicians forecast?

Please invest in your business for the customers benefit and not just the shareholders. Some customers will think twice next time they switch, maybe that's what you want?
  • paparossco
    paparossco Posts: 293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Many apologies for the long waiting times and issues you have been experiecing. We are dealing with an unprecedented number of enquiries for Sainsburys Energy tariffs and are doing all we can to deal with this. Please call 0800 107 4985 to give a meter reading using our automated service or email [EMAIL="media@britishgas.co.uk"]media@britishgas.co.uk[/EMAIL] with all your details if you are still having issues.
    Many Thanks
    Jennifer

How do you submit a reading for both meters when you have only been given a letter for one!!

I apply to join the 'wish I had not bothered club'.....
    The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.
    Wayne Dyer
  • Experiencing all the same issues as other correspondents. Would feel slightly more reassured, if there was a statement from Sainsburys rather than British Gas media department, who at best is just forwarding the emails to a black hole at Sainsburys. Stating that a direct debit will not taken until a switch date and meter readings are agree between the two energy supplies.
    A new issued not yet raised, my current provider EDF, say "by their calculation" they cannot agree with my actual reading of the gas meter.
  • Had a letter from them saying that they want a deposit of £215 to open the account, which they will refund after the first year. What about interest ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback