PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Bungalow not getting any viewings feedback appreciated

Comments

• Tiners
    Tiners Posts: 232 Forumite
    It is a lovely house.

I really wouldn't worry too much about finding a buyer and a achieving a successful sale, all you need to do is market it at a sensible and realistic asking price in line with other recent comparable sales. Which would be about £80k less than the current asking price imo.
  • MichLambo
    MichLambo Posts: 7 Forumite
    Re wages in Ramsgate, two streets away from us is Broadstairs, a similar property would be around £60 -£100K more so that is irrelevant really. But thanks for your input.
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,714 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    Unless there is something we can not see, there is nothing wrong with the property.

So what else would be preventing offers/viewings? It is the price. I think based on the neighbours who sold recently, yours is probably a fair bit over priced.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    When this is for sale less than half a mile away, OP's house is definitely overpriced
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60733315.html
  • TrickyDicky101
    TrickyDicky101 Posts: 3,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    When this is for sale less than half a mile away, OP's house is definitely overpriced
    http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60733315.html

That's not comparing like with like though - the OP's place is detached. For me (and many others - but not everyone I acknowledge) being attached would be an immediate deal-breaker.
  • MichLambo
    MichLambo Posts: 7 Forumite
    The link is for a semi detached new build house with no secure outside space (no rear garden), they are very nice places and done to a high standard but they have been on the market for ages. Bungalows do generally achieve a higher price than houses due to the amount of land needed to build them! Re dining room: the lounge is quite large and would easily accommodate a dining area, maybe that's the answer. perhaps if we rearrange the lounge and put a dining area in that would help
  • I have reduced by 10K see if that helps!
  • mishkanorman
    mishkanorman Posts: 4,155 Forumite
    The room sizes look good, utility is a bonus so make sure you talk that up, I'd want the guest bedroom to be labelled master bedroom (even if you dont use it as such) and perhaps move the sofa so its facing the tv and pop a table and chairs behind it - get rid of the sofa chair you have in there at the minute so its not too cramped.

You may just find you've hit a slump in the market, I wouldnt worry about the price at this stage
    Bow Ties ARE cool :cool:

"Just because you are offended, doesnt mean you are right" Ricky Gervais :D
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    MichLambo wrote: »
    I have reduced by 10K see if that helps!

Probably not enough, in my opinion. Anyone who was looking up to £315k, would have viewed the property details when it was listed at £325k. From £325k, the next reduction to make a material difference is to £300k/£295k.

I would also lose the "offers in excess of" prefix. Buyers either find it confusing, or ignore it altogether.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    MichLambo wrote: »
    The link is for a semi detached new build house with no secure outside space (no rear garden), they are very nice places and done to a high standard but they have been on the market for ages. Bungalows do generally achieve a higher price than houses due to the amount of land needed to build them! Re dining room: the lounge is quite large and would easily accommodate a dining area, maybe that's the answer. perhaps if we rearrange the lounge and put a dining area in that would help

It might well do, i think it would even be worth getting rid of the larger living room suite and replacing with a much less bulky one. Given the amount of money you might save, that could be a very good investment (much less than your £10k reduction for example) , if you can, please forgive me, no offence meant, fool someone into thinking its a three bedroom :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure