PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Options

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    karcher wrote: »
    Whilst I hate to repeat myself (after posting in the 'What's for dinner' thread...I've just CFO :D

Aubergine, broccoli, carrot, green pepper, mushrooms, onion, garlic and chilli in a spicy HM tomato sauce...to be served with flatbreads :D

That's gotta be 7/10 added to my melon makes it 8/10....I mustn't gloat :p:p

Well I had to make up for yesterdays blow out somehow :o

Hey buddies

Back home after the Fireman Sam adventures.

Had a few nice hotel meals cooked for me including a lovely kofta and pitta last night and a very sticky toffee pudding. :)

home for one night then back away again tomorrow :eek: so its back to me cooking tonight for a change tonight It will definitely be something very very simple ...I'm thinking a jacket spud and cheese maybe.

Just to vote in the poll........I think tinned tomatoes are disgusting little animals and in fact if I could send tomatoes as a whole to room 101 I would :rotfl: I like ketchup though :o

Good to see all this healthy stuff being eaten .......I will be honest I have no idea how some of you physically eat that much food in a day I really don't you must be stuffed by the night. Anyway I ate 2 apples today so I am pleased with that :cool:

Early night in my own bed for me then up to head off on the road again
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nelski wrote: »
    Hey buddies

Had a few nice hotel meals cooked for me including a lovely kofta and pitta last night and a very sticky toffee pudding. :)

home for one night then back away again tomorrow :eek: so its back to me cooking tonight for a change tonight It will definitely be something very very simple ...I'm thinking a jacket spud and cheese maybe.

Just to vote in the poll........I think tinned tomatoes are disgusting little animals and in fact if I could send tomatoes as a whole to room 101 I would :rotfl: I like ketchup though :o

Good to see all this healthy stuff being eaten .......I will be honest I have no idea how some of you physically eat that much food in a day I really don't you must be stuffed by the night. Anyway I ate 2 apples today so I am pleased with that :cool:

Glad you all went well in the end :) Ketchup could be on my Room 101 list - abhor it as a "sauce" but do use it as an "ingredient" IFYSWIM:D
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    Evening everyone

What's all this about "flinging folk out" - we have manners on here thank you very much :D

Quite right...all welcome here even if you were only single for a week back in primary school :D

I was always single...they all preferred my best friend :rotfl:
    I've finally snapped....I've seen this here (for the first time ever) and just didn't ask !!!!!! it is ...but now I have to ask:

!!!!!! is CFO?

:)

Apologies...laziness on my behalf when I first abbreviated to CFO (Cooking For One)...typing was never my strong point :o

You have no idea how long each of my posts takes to type :o:)
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 March 2017 at 8:41PM
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    Cooking for one .........:)

Oh really? What an odd tangent to take ... when did we start talking about that then?

*hides with embarrassment* .... should've spotted that.

You have no idea how long each of my posts takes to type

I was fully trained and got the "fastest" award in a 2 year full-time course about 30 years ago ...and then went on to do that as my job ... and then even taught the subject.

So, I kind of do OK :)

I'm completely in the dark here, no lights on - and the keyboard's all rubbed off :) I'm also lying on my side and not even looking at the keyboard, in fact I am always watching the telly at the same time as typing.
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hey buddies

Evening Nelski, glad you survived your early morning alarm call :D

How nice to be cooked for. I know living out of hotel rooms isn't always all it's cracked up to be..for example, when you really just want a nice cuppa and a slice of toast at 10pm at night, but good for a change. No cooking, washing up, cleaning the bathroom or vacuuming required.

Always good to return to the simple stuff and your own bed :)

Safe travels tomorrow :D
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    Had a few nice hotel meals cooked for me
    Jammy. When I've been away I've usually scrubbed around local supermarkets/garages for a cheap sandwich to eat in my room, then skipped the breakfast too. Even though I was booked into dives any expenses (which you had to pay out up front yourself before you could claim it back) were never enough to include eating at any hotel.

I used to HATE going away because of the dodgy hotels and !!!!!! food availability.
    .... again tomorrow ....
    Gaddabout.

I think tinned tomatoes are disgusting little animals and in fact if I could send tomatoes as a whole to room 101 I would :rotfl: I like ketchup though :o
    I've never got on with actual real fried tomatoes - they always seemed gross to me. Also, tomatoes these days don't really taste of anything (neither do most veg though). Stuff like that was definitely better in the 60/70s when my parents were growing it.
    I have no idea how some of you physically eat that much food in a day
    It's a hard job, but somebody's got to do it :)
  • karcher
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jammy. When I've been away I've usually scrubbed around local supermarkets/garages for a cheap sandwich to eat in my room, then skipped the breakfast too. Even though I was booked into dives any expenses (which you had to pay out up front yourself before you could claim it back) were never enough to include eating at any hotel.

I got fed up buying ready made sandwiches so I used to take a plate, knife and fork with me and buy baguette/cheese/hummus/crisps/salad and other snack type stuff from the SM and had it in my room. Also, if a kettle was available I had a stash of teabags, coffee and a pint of milk ...Essential items no matter where you are imo :)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got fed up buying ready made sandwiches so I used to take a plate, knife and fork with me and buy baguette/cheese/hummus/crisps/salad and other snack type stuff from the SM and had it in my room. Also, if a kettle was available I had a stash of teabags, coffee and a pint of milk ...Essential items no matter where you are imo :)
    Snap ...........:) and in the winter my hot water bottle:o
  • PasturesNew
    Options

Once I had one night away in London. I had to be in two different places, so I travelled light. I figured nobody on Day 1 would see me on Day 2 as I was at some exhibition (where nobody at all knew me).... so all I took in my handbag was: pair of knickers, underarm deodorant, toothbrush/toothpaste - and I wore the same dress/tights/bra two days running :)
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Evening Nelski, glad you survived your early morning alarm call :D

How nice to be cooked for. I know living out of hotel rooms isn't always all it's cracked up to be..for example, when you really just want a nice cuppa and a slice of toast at 10pm at night, but good for a change. No cooking, washing up, cleaning the bathroom or vacuuming required.

Always good to return to the simple stuff and your own bed :)

Safe travels tomorrow :D

thank you karcher ....hotel living has its strange side but over the years I have learned to have plenty of supplies in my car :) Wine is far too expensive by the glass so there is always a bag of that and a spare in the boot :) Also a zip loc bag of tea sugars coffees etc biscuits maybe whatever fancy really its always better to do that other than order from the hotel

I used to HATE going away because of the dodgy hotels and !!!!!! food availability.

Gaddabout.

I've never got on with actual real fried tomatoes - they always seemed gross to me. Also, tomatoes these days don't really taste of anything (neither do most veg though). Stuff like that was definitely better in the 60/70s when my parents were growing it.

It's a hard job, but somebody's got to do it :)

Thats no way to hotel live PN ...I may moan a bit (well a lot when alarms go off lol ) but i am actually really lucky and stay in some very nice hotels that I can eat well most times :) Always nice to be home though eh so after my escapade tomorrow I am back for a few days :D:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure