DMP & Mutual Support Thread - Part 11

Options

Comments

• NoMore
    NoMore Posts: 1,083 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Brilliant, wait 2 weeks and get a letter that says Ring this number to discuss your recent settlement offer.

These companies are morons, no matter how many times you tell them in WRITING ONLY they want to phone.

Like I am going to discuss and agree an F&F over the phone? Was I born yesterday.

It's all so unnecessary.

Don't really see what the problem is, they are asking you to ring them at your leisure, not the usual hassle of them ringing you constantly!

Also once you negotiate on the phone ask for the final settlement in writing and say you will only pay them once you receive that. It will save a lot time of back and forth in letters trying to negotiate.

I understand some people may feel pressured on the phone to settle higher and prefer the non-immediancy of indirect communication but you seem hard ball enough not too fall for any of that nonsense.
  • blisteringblue
    blisteringblue Posts: 1,140 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I know it could speed it up but just not ringing a DCA for anything. It's not the hassle of it, it's just me. Everything in writing and nothing is conveniently forgotten. Plus I am in no rush for this, I'm paying them £1 a month.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    edited 9 March 2017 at 7:41PM
    Options
    Hi all
    Update on our DMP journey so far.

Well we've recieved 2 letters today from MBNA ( we had a CC each)
    Both my DHs letter and mine say

'After reviewing your income and expenditure,we are pleased to let you know that while you are in financial difficulties, you may make the monthly payment of £xxxx. In addition we have reduced your interest rate to 0.00% per annum (please see statement for monthly equivalent rate) and will waive all future late,overlimit and returned payment charges during this time.
    The repayment offer you have made will not be sufficient to prevent a default with the credit reference agency even if you continue to maintain payments at this level'

At the end it says your CCs will no longer work :D

I think this is good or am I wrong?
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    motivated wrote: »
    Hi all
    Update on our DMP journey so far.

Well we've recieved 2 letters today from MBNA ( we had a CC each)
    Both my DHs letter and mine say

'After reviewing your income and expenditure,we are pleased to let you know that while you are in financial difficulties, you may make the monthly payment of £xxxx. In addition we have reduced your interest rate to 0.00% per annum (please see statement for monthly equivalent rate) and will waive all future late,overlimit and returned payment charges during this time.
    The repayment offer you have made will not be sufficient to prevent a default with the credit reference agency even if you continue to maintain payments at this level'

At the end it says your CCs will no longer work :D

I think this is good or am I wrong?

You are right - that's very good. To be honest MBNA were the best of the bunch of our creditors. Supportive and helpful every step of the way. Immediately stopped interest, charges and calls. All other creditors should take a leaf out of MBNA's book.

Well done. I can see from your posts you are feeling more positive and stronger about your DMP journey - it's great isn't it :j
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • MrsSammyB
    MrsSammyB Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,

Well I'm still on the complaint mission, so just an update... Vanquis said no, they don't agree, no they won't default me and yes I can take it to the fca - so off I go! Today's post bought much more exciting news though, the Co-Op have found in my favour and should've registered a default in 2014, (I had missed payments before my DMP as they were the highest payment and I couldn't afford) because of this they are not going to register a default at all, they are also writing off the £1800 balance I owe them and they apologies for any inconvenience! Woo hoo! Fingers crossed for more post like this!

Hope you're all well xx
    Mrs B ❤️

LBM May 2015 - Stepchange DMP started August 2015
    Debt May 2015 £43,464
    Current (Feb 2017 £32, 328
    :beer:
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    You are right - that's very good. To be honest MBNA were the best of the bunch of our creditors. Supportive and helpful every step of the way. Immediately stopped interest, charges and calls. All other creditors should take a leaf out of MBNA's book.

Well done. I can see from your posts you are feeling more positive and stronger about your DMP journey - it's great isn't it :j

:j. You were absolutely right January :j

My mood has been up up and away. Me and DH have never got on so well. Why we never done this sooner I do not know

I know we have such a long way to go but I can't believe how easy it has been just like you said. Our 1st payment goes on the 1st April and we have an emergency fund and also a second account that is building nicely ready for bigger expenses like car insurance, car tax etc. We are working from our budget and putting all necessary money aside so we are one step ahead instead of 4 steps behind. We are actually living our lives already and it's only early days.
    Our financial organisation is amazing now. Just need to keep it up.

I can also say I am not worried in the least about letters or calls anymore.

Thankyou again you are :A
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • January2015
    Options
    MrsSammyB wrote: »
    Evening all,

Well I'm still on the complaint mission, so just an update... Vanquis said no, they don't agree, no they won't default me and yes I can take it to the fca - so off I go! Today's post bought much more exciting news though, the Co-Op have found in my favour and should've registered a default in 2014, (I had missed payments before my DMP as they were the highest payment and I couldn't afford) because of this they are not going to register a default at all, they are also writing off the £1800 balance I owe them and they apologies for any inconvenience! Woo hoo! Fingers crossed for more post like this!

Hope you're all well xx

What a fantastic result :j:j:j:j:j

Well done MrsSammyB - don't you just love a win against a predator ;)
  • BeingDebtFreeStartsHere
    Options
    MrsSammyB wrote: »
    Evening all,

Hope you're all well xx

Ooh MrsSammyB I need advice!!!

Co-op are our last predator not to issue a default and it is driving me mad!! :mad:

What did you do to get the default? What did you say in your letter?? They threatened a default in November but it still has an AP marker on our credit report :(

Any help gratefully received.

Take care,

BDFSH x
  • S1Ebbz
    S1Ebbz Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all

So I have come home today to various letters from my creditors requesting that I respond to them with income and expenditure. They have enclosed documents to do this.

But confused as step change have sent this to them ... Contacted... And I have first payment going to them in April that is then being distributed. Do I just ignore these letters?
  • January2015
    Options
    S1Ebbz wrote: »
    Evening all

So I have come home today to various letters from my creditors requesting that I respond to them with income and expenditure. They have enclosed documents to do this.

But confused as step change have sent this to them ... Contacted... And I have first payment going to them in April that is then being distributed. Do I just ignore these letters?

I would ignore them. File them away, but ignore them.

If you feel unconfortable ignoring them (some people do, and that is understandable), just post a letter saying Stepchange are dealing with your affairs and they should receive requested information via SC shortly.

Things like this are annoying little glitches in the DMP journey but they are nothing to worry about.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure