Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Afternoon luvlies

For anyone that's off to collect their m&s orders, further reductions galore my store has just put out a massive load of men's stuff - £20 flip flops down to 3.49, deck shoes down to £4.99, got myself lovely pair of sunnies for £2.99 - got loads of bits with DH, very happy
    How did you know I was collecting an order today.. should have been there on Saturday... anyway got a pair of 'skinny ' jeans reduced from £29 to £4.79 :j
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Everything down to 10p tonight matty:)

Off for a catch up

BD570040-CDE7-444E-9949-EBAF5FDF1971_zpsrrhm6ei4.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • wendyak
    wendyak Posts: 2,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Evening gang
    still in holiday mood as only back in the early hours and straight to work today so no catching up for me ....
    Hope all are well and finding good glitches and coupons etc, I have been doing rather well with the Quidco bingo.
    I know its a £10 stake but each company give quite a lot of sweeteners in bonus etc and always at least £30 from quidco...the least I made was £70 from Mecca as I didnt realise the bonus expires after 7 days.
    .I think it might be the last day for Sweet sundays tomorrow....just need one more so sorry for the begging but needs must.
    I have always been a bit frock y so as I need to economize big time I might just join in.
    Only bought one loaf today and even bought back some spare loo rolls from our trip plus all the lovely tomatoes that we didnt eat, lol.
    keep warm (aint it bloomin cold?) and speak soon

Wendy xxxxx
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Agreed! Mr Ted should set up an instagram account, i'm sure he'd amass a healthy following. I'd certainly follow.

Who knows where that could lead too..........

Me too....that's a cracking idea Westie:T
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    bubbs wrote: »
    anyone else got spam for tea?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Not today Bubbs, but it will be Pek Chopped pork tomorrow!!
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 12 October 2016 at 7:13PM
    curl_girl wrote: »
    No izzey.
    Halifax is dropping to 0.05% soon, so 50p on £1000.00.
    Absolutely crazy.....:(
    All help would be appreciated!

Nationwide have a Flexclusive Isa still paying 0.95% - i think this might be what i have, I think you need to have a Nationwide current account. This is instant access so you can put money in and take money out as and when you need it.

There is also a Nationwide one year fixed rate one which is 1% and this is for lump sums so if you know for certain you wont need the money until October 2018 this is the one to go for - transfer in from your current ISA provider

very depressing

It took me a long time to be convinced about ISAs but by the time i was it was almost too late. I got a 5 year one which still has a few years to run - at the time it seemed like madness to commit to 5 years but at least its paying 2.15 and i don't have to think about ISAs for a long while yet
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • aau1
    aau1 Posts: 19,401 Forumite
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • aau1
    Anon wrote: »
    ----> News right, oh no, W now require a purchase before free coffee in some stores :(. Wonders out loud if the free newspaper, free mag (after MyW kicks in) counts - you sometimes have to add something anyway depending on the newspaper to get the price down :D.

Anon

Is there a minimum spend?
    Apparently, everybody knows that the bird is [strike]the word[/strike] a moorhen
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Everything down to 10p tonight matty:)

Off for a catch up

BD570040-CDE7-444E-9949-EBAF5FDF1971_zpsrrhm6ei4.jpg

They do early reductions in your A's. Ours is usually 8pm :eek:
  • aau1
    wendyak wrote: »
    Evening gang
    still in holiday mood as only back in the early hours and straight to work today so no catching up for me ....
    Hope all are well and finding good glitches and coupons etc, I have been doing rather well with the Quidco bingo.
    I know its a £10 stake but each company give quite a lot of sweeteners in bonus etc and always at least £30 from quidco...the least I made was £70 from Mecca as I didnt realise the bonus expires after 7 days.
    .I think it might be the last day for Sweet sundays tomorrow....just need one more so sorry for the begging but needs must.
    I have always been a bit frock y so as I need to economize big time I might just join in.
    Only bought one loaf today and even bought back some spare loo rolls from our trip plus all the lovely tomatoes that we didnt eat, lol.
    keep warm (aint it bloomin cold?) and speak soon

Wendy xxxxx

I'm in the same boat as you because i only need 1. If i can't find a promo bag of maltesers tomorrow you can have one of my 5
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure