Options

Comments

• curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning peeps
    Agree with Di how others waste money.
    Last week I noticed a woman with the 4 pack pot noodles in her bag, walked through the door in T, massive display of 50p individuals, she had paid 3.89 for 4!!
    Off to catch up on Mr Ted x
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • curlgirl
    curlgirl Posts: 591 Forumite
    Options
    s4mmy wrote: »
    Good morning everyone
    JF are back in stock if anyone needs to place an order - it's the first time that I've been able to get them !

I'm too late again, will keep trying ;)
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Still on the subject of froctober this was something I thought about yesterday. I seem to be surrounded by people who drop into most conversations oh I can't afford it or we can't afford a holiday this year or I've got no money and I find myself thinking about the income these people must be on and what the hell do they spend all their money on!!
    This came about yesterday when I took a portion of carbonara into work for my lunch. It was our tea the night before and my boss said oh I think I'll go over to m&s and get carbonara (it's our nearest food store to work) anyway as he's plating it up he said that's alright isn't it it was only £2.60 and I replied I bet that's all it cost to make mine for our tea last night plus my lunch today, the comment went completely over his head. At work they will often say im going to get a bottle of wine for tonight and go to bargain booze and spend £7-8 on a bottle I know I could have got from Ts yesterday for about £3 !
    I know time is a huge factor in shopping this way and I've had plenty of that this year but I shopped this way when I was self employed working 54 hours a week.
    Now my plan is to train Dd to shop this way, she's part way there already but now a little find tuning is needed.

I find it so infuriating when as you say people spend money without thinking oh well its only ????pounds. If I mention bringing from home or looking at an offer it just falls on deaf ears...I try to turn a blind eye now..
    My DD is quite good with mse shopping and elite buying as she hasn't got much money, but shes getting there.
    My DS on the other hand will spend £50-£80 a week for 2 adults +18month old in T, Ive given them coupons and even cut the hipp coupons out of the mag gave them a small shopping list to maximise the coupons and overage and visit them at the weekend and the list and coupons are still there :mad:
    He now has this annoying habit of winding me up..they bought 2 roulade desserts from M+S and froze them, he said well these were on offer eg 2 for £4.50 but we bought them separately at £3 each and went to 2 different tills.......don't you just love them:D
  • curl_girl
    Options
    T yesterday had big bottles of Medex anti bac handwash 650ml for 50p for odd people like me who have ran out.

Also in little A Fairy platinum 70 bag dish wash tabs £4. £14 online and £24 in W.....
  • HILLBERN
    HILLBERN Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    A day in our holiday to Antigua.
    N's lovely friend offered to take us out on his boat on our last full day as waters had calmed after storm Matthew.

Well most elite know there is a little furry companion I like to share my adventures with and so of course he came to.

We were waiting on the jetty when Mark arrived and he noticed Mr Ted on the top of my beach bag. I got teased something terrible and he managed to keep such a straight face. Took the boat out and got some wonderful views of different islands, lots of tales about what N and her brother got up to as children.
    Mr Ted had a few photo opportunities by the wheel. Then we moored up at Bird Island. Beautiful place and was only us there for a long time. More ribbing about the Bear and could he swim. Explained to Mark he had to join in with poses for bear.
    Well he went down into the cabin and came up with something quite strange. It made the perfect teeny tiny teddy size hammock.
    Was actually one of those boat storage things. Mr Ted took up his position and stayed there swinging away until we were ready to drive back to the mooring. There were a few comments about using it as a bear catapult but I managed to dodge getting a wet bear.

It really was the most amazing day. After 4pm when tourists had left we went to see prickly pear island. Boat could ' get near due to the draft so N and I swam ashore. The most beautiful place and the beach probably just big enough to park 4 cars on. Only one family there. Chatting to the girls, they were visiting their auntie from the UK and the girls live withing 10 miles of us in the UK! What a very small world indeed.

Just going to add photo to post via I phone as only way I can.

image.jpeg
    V x

Loving the adventures of Mr Ted, he almost looks as if hes smiling while sunbathing.
    What a glorious photo- mind you, you do always capture essence of the subject making it feel live on my screen:)
  • curl_girl
    Options
    Morning curlgirl
  • Westvleteren
    Westvleteren Posts: 4,489 Forumite
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Oh VT .......what a fab photo to wake up to:T:T I love how he has his little arms outstretched in the sunshine and a hint of a smile on his face. You should "do something" with all these lovely photos and stories......is there a book in there somewhere?:)

Agreed! Mr Ted should set up an instagram account, i'm sure he'd amass a healthy following. I'd certainly follow.

Who knows where that could lead too..........
    Something unexpected happened which made me smile and still continues to make me smile.

• izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd say yes but not in polite company obviously.

I use a spoon, mostly because I don't like yoghurt on my nose.

I pass mine to the cats, they love to lick the lid of the yogurt pots, their favourite seems to be muller corners with the thicker yogurt :D
  • josie_ann57
    josie_ann57 Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Question for the day. Do the upper classes lick their yogurt pot lids?
    Morning all.

Morning, when no one is looking, then most definitely yes:)
  • josie_ann57
    josie_ann57 Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Monarch seems to be safe, mks will be pleased.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure