Be Lean for Halloween with Slimming World

Comments

• Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Lots of love Beanie, hope you're feeling better soon.

My 'day off' today and although I managed an hour's extra sleep once I'd got up with Top Boy and seen him off to school, I have just sat down, plenty of domestic BM today including 2 supermarket trips. Wasn't hungry enough for breakfast either *wags finger*

D - Ham egg and cheese sandwich (hexa and b), snackajacks (5), apple, melon, pineapple.

T - Slow cooked beef stew, with mashed potatoes and extra veg.

My jeans feel loose today, which is nice :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,822
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Thank you to all you lovely peeps.
    Appreciated.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Hi everyone, been a bit MIA after the weekend from hell and went a little bit off the rails food wise. Going to take this week's weigh in as a holiday and will be back with a new weight come what may on Monday.

Drew a line in the sand yesterday (even went to the gym) so hoping I can claw back some of the inevitabel gain.

Today's menu:

B - Porridge (1/2 HEB as it exploded all over the microwave), 1/4 HEA of rice milk (same reason as above), strawberries and blueberries
    L - LO Bolognese with wholewheat pasta and a massive side salad (1 romaine head, tomatoes, cucumber)
    D - Salmon, broccoli, mange tout, mushy peas
    S - Alpen light bar (1/2 HEB), oranges

Been thinking the last couple of days about the whole 1/3 speed food thing and realised that I was one of these people that made a meal and then added the speed to the side, therefore increasing my portion sizes so I wasn't getting the full benefit of the plan. Have been making more of a conscious effort to build my meals around the speed so that the portion sizes aren't massive and hoping this leads to some consistent losses.

Hope you're feeling better beanie and welcome to all the newbies!
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • Hi all.

Today's meals so far:

B - 2 boiled eggs with 2 x small wholemeal toast heb, butter 3syns, plum
    L - huge salad, 2 hard boiled eggs, cheese hea, noodles 1 syn, dressing 1 syn.
    Snacks - banana. alpen light (1/2 heb)

I went for a 2 mile walk with the baby in the buggy so a bit of body magic there. Not sure on dinner yet, maybe a square wrap pizza
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,494
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Been thinking the last couple of days about the whole 1/3 speed food thing and realised that I was one of these people that made a meal and then added the speed to the side, therefore increasing my portion sizes so I wasn't getting the full benefit of the plan. Have been making more of a conscious effort to build my meals around the speed so that the portion sizes aren't massive and hoping this leads to some consistent losses.

I've never thought they were worth the money to buy but if you imagine a plate like this:
    personalised-bone-china-plate---illustrated-portions_a.jpg?width=104
    That's what we should be aiming for. I'm not a huge lover of fruit (too lazy to peel it mostly:o) so I have most of my Speed from veg.

Today's gone well so far and dinner is all prepped (easy as I was supposed to eat it yesterday:D) so unless I get attacked by munchies later then today should be a good one.

EE menu:
    B: NAS grapefruit, ham, fried egg, HEB toast, mushrooms, HEA milk for drinks
    L: ham, tomato, cottage cheese
    D: gammon slices, boulangere potatoes (with onions and mushrooms), cabbage, runner beans
    Syns: small squirt of HP sauce

I have half a HEB left so I might have an Alpen Light with a cuppa later.

Today seems like a very 'hammy' day. I'll be growing a curly tail! What matters is I don't want to be a fat pig!!:rotfl:

Good to hear about loose jeans topgirl. That's always a good sign.:)
  • Top_Girl
    Forumite
    Just done tomorrow's meal planner:

B - Bacon, egg and mushroom sandwich (HEXB + 2)

D - Ham, egg and new potato salad, melon, pineapple, apple

T - Not sure, Top Bloke cooking, possibly stir fry

Working a bar at a festival on Saturday from 8:30am to 11pm, so on my feet dashing about so I might take it easy BM wise tomorrow. Usual commute (20-30 mins walking) notwithstanding.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Maman
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Amazed to report only a 1 1/2 gain.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Top_Girl
    Forumite
    beanielou wrote: »
    Amazed to report only a 1 1/2 gain.

That's only a big poo, you can lose that easily!*

Are you feeling any better?

* Apologies to the more delicate amongst you
  • debjay
    debjay Posts: 2,090
    Forumite
    I've just skim read back through this thread. Well done to SOTW and other losers :T.

Well after getting to target I've had 2 weekends away and am now at the top end of my target range :o epic fail already. I've struggled before in maintaining weight loss so need to get back on it. I remember Maman saying that best tactic is to aim to hover at lower end of target to allow for inevitable gains for holidays/events etc. We're away in November so I'm aiming to lose 6lbs in 8 weeks.

Quick query. Does anyone know syns of the Tesco healthy cereal bars, the ones that look similar to Alpen light bars? Also, syn value of activia 0% fat yoghurt?
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    Top girl~~ Still feel dire but ta for asking :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure