Aqua Card credit increase...

Comments

• izools
    izools Posts: 7,513
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Oh balls :(

How did you find out about that?
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • OllyM
    OllyM Posts: 370
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    izools wrote: »
    Oh balls :(

How did you find out about that?

It's mentioned on the main site - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/cashback-credit-cards
    Apply by 28 February 2013 if you want this card, as it won't be available after.

I open new cards all the time when deals appear and have been approved for every Amex card I've applied for over the years (SPG, BA, Platinum Charge, Gold Charge, Platinum Cashback Credit).
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    edited 21 February 2013 at 6:46PM
    Unfortunately I can't apply now as according to my credit files I have high balances on all my cards and they won't update to show £0 owed until March. That and I have half a dozen searches in the last six months.

I'll just have to see what the best on the market come July is.

The most important thing for me however is to get as high a limit as possible on an MBNA rate for life card. Once I've got that - and I'm definitely waiting until July before applying - I'll look at the cashback card market and see what's what :o

Thanks for the link though, most informative. If disappointing :(

EDIT: Yep, definitely not applying for anything at the moment:

LP6jR41.png
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    matthew57 wrote: »
    I started on £500 and asked to be increased to £1000. They rose it to £650 (was expecting £750 but it still helps).
    Exactly the same result for me this week - 500 to 650 after a 1000 request. I guess this suggests that this is the standard minimum increase from 500. As it happens the 650 is really not much more use to me as the one-off 500+ transactions I'd like to put on the card easily exceed 650.

Still useful to know that they will approve increases of some sort after 6 months - I" waiting to see if they did a fresh credit search or just based it on account conduct.

Same here.

Had a £500 limit, (Aqua Reward) and as 6 months had passed since opening the account, asked for £1500 using their online request. :D

Was given a £650 new limit
  • spinningsheep
    spinningsheep Posts: 1,044
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have had my card since end of Feb and was given a £250 limit, came home today to a letter increasing it to £600. Have paid balance in full each month, so happy bunny.

CC limits £26000

Long term CC debt £0

Total low rate loan debt £3000

Almost debt free feeling, priceless.

Ex money nightmare, learnt from my mistakes and never going back there again, in control of my finances for the first time in my adult life and it feels amazing. 
  • guesswho2000
    guesswho2000 Posts: 1,703
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer
    Forumite
    edited 12 April 2013 at 8:07PM
    I have had my card since end of Feb and was given a £250 limit, came home today to a letter increasing it to £600. Have paid balance in full each month, so happy bunny.

As in Feb 2013? If so, that's encouraging, as they gave me the same terrible limit and it's a pain having to make mid month payments to be able to keep using it :D

EDIT: Just logged in, and wow they don't give you long to pay do they! Statement today and payment's due in two weeks!
  • TheGenerus1
    TheGenerus1 Posts: 254 Forumite

Credit limit increase one and a half months after account opening, I'd contact Guinness book of records if I were you ;)
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    EDIT: Just logged in, and wow they don't give you long to pay do they! Statement today and payment's due in two weeks!

I have a direct debit so I don't mind this. Also, it means you don't have to manually pay off the card as much to free up your limit.

The limit increases on here are a bit unusual to say the least - I'd guess you were given the wrong limit in the first place. I have had the same treatment as a lot of others on the forums: £250 limit increased to £350 by request after 6 months (was told on the phone not available before that), and they said at the time of this increase that the next review will be 4 months after that.
  • spinningsheep
    spinningsheep Posts: 1,044
    Forumite
    yes as in Feb 2013! I was as shocked as anyone but sure as life, on my online account, the limit now shows as £600 with £495 available credit. Sure dont need £600 at the moment but handy just in case! Also noticed my 2 JDWilliams catalogue accounts are now £1000/£1200 from £500 last week, so I'm guessing my score is improving somewhat!

CC limits £26000

Long term CC debt £0

Total low rate loan debt £3000

Almost debt free feeling, priceless.

Ex money nightmare, learnt from my mistakes and never going back there again, in control of my finances for the first time in my adult life and it feels amazing. 
  • TheEffect
    TheEffect Posts: 2,293
    Forumite
    edited 2 August 2013 at 9:46PM
    Sorry to bump this, but thought I'd post my experience with Aqua.

£250 start limit (classic card), £500 after few months. I got higher limit with CapOne so asked to close Aqua card. Next day received letter stating limit was going from £500 to £1400 in the next few weeks. It was a delayed letter and had been posted before I asked to close my account.

Was quite gutted. Phoned and asked to stop closure. They've agreed and sent out new card as I destroyed mine.

So far, Aqua limit increases have been quite frequent (even though I haven't had the card long) and their customer service I've always found quite good. I also find their near instant faster payments great. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure