PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

vinegar

Options
any suggestions as where to get cheap vinegar from please thanks

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My local asda sells clear (white) vinegar for 51p per 500mil which is not bad, and the standard brown stuff (which I tend to use) is only 17p.

Since I'd have to shop on line for bulk, and pay shipping charges, this nets out as the cheapest I can find locally.

HTH
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    Try your local Health Food Shop - I get distilled white vinegar in 5ltr quantities and it works out far cheaper than per bottle. Brown vinegar can cause staining on some surfaces so you need to bear that in mind when deciding on your personal preference.

HTH :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If you are near a Chinese supermarket like Wing Yip,they sell 5 litre containers of white vinegar very cheaply.I'm sorry I can't remember how much it is but it was definitely cheap;)
  • northern_star
    Options
    Do you have a Kwik Save nearby? Currently they are selling their own label stuff BOGOF. Vinegar was 17p for 500ml BOGOF so 1lt for 17p! I got 6 bottles - 51p for 3lt :j Takes some beating.

'Live simply so that others may simply live'
  • Mrs_Thrify
    Mrs_Thrify Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tesco's white viniger .63p for568 ml
    If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
    Spring begins on 21st March.
  • bargainbetty
    bargainbetty Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thriftlady wrote:
    If you are near a Chinese supermarket like Wing Yip,they sell 5 litre containers of white vinegar very cheaply.I'm sorry I can't remember how much it is but it was definitely cheap;)

I got the 5 litre container for £2.20. Excellent stuff - already used it to clean the bathroom and my towels are softer than ever. :D

You could probably get it at similar prices at any decent food wholesaler.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps....
    LB moment - March 2006. DFD - 1 June 2012!!! DEBT FREE!

May grocery challenge £45.61/£120
  • angeldelite
    angeldelite Posts: 2,463 Forumite
    Options
    i always get mine from lidl so as u can probly imagine-quite cheap!.. sorry i'm really bad at rememberin prices etc!!
  • tinkerbell1978
    tinkerbell1978 Posts: 2,786 Forumite
    Options
    try tesco stripe! :) about 17p something like that!
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    live simply so that others may simply live
  • Kool_Kool
    Kool_Kool Posts: 388 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I use Tesco stripes too, for things such a cleaning, descaling etc. But for food purposes I buy organic wherever I find it as I believe food quality comes before cost considerations.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure