Wren Kitchens - My Review

Comments

• adamg
    adamg Posts: 485 Forumite
    Do not buy from wren!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 902
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    As I have already stated,I have been waiting for a refund of nearly £200.00.

My Wrens Kitchen was a disaster from start to finish,I have not asked for compensation,only for them to return what I am owed.

If it is not back in my bank by the end of this week I will let my credit card company recover it for me.

I will then come back on and list every mistake that Wrens caused while supplying and fitting my kitchen.

My complaints would make over complaints already on here sound trivial
  • Just wanted to add to the general negativity surrounding Wren! I agree that the kitchens are actually good quality and look lovely - it is the customer service that just ruins the whole experience. We had some panels missing from our kitchen and it took a couple of months to get them in!

I can't count how many times I had to chase them up just to be told "Ooh, you were next on my list to call." Yeah, right.

They're also now refusing to pay my kitchen fitter for the extra bits he had to do because of their incompetence. It's shocking. I asked for and received 10% of the entire purchase price back as compensation. I wish I'd asked for more now! They still haven't finished and the installation was started on 23rd August.

I do finally (almost) have a beautiful kitchen, but the stress was just not worth it. Do yourself a favour: go for a smaller, local company and pay a little bit more. It'll be worth it in the long run!
  • I have bought a kitchen from Wrens and had them fit it. All i can say is that it has been a nightmare from start to finish. They sent wrong size units, units that had been promised to a certain size did not materialise and lots of items werent even sent. The installation began 5 weeks ago and I am still without any filters for my cooker hood, a part of the cooker hood has not even been installed, the splashback is still in my conservatory and part of the skirting is still not fitted into place.
    Wrens after care service is the worst i have ever encountered. When parts were missing we were given the number of the suppliers and told to contact them ourselves! The kitchen designer, who promised so much, now no longer even works for the company! The Store Manager has offered no apology and in fact has been rude rather than helpful. We paid over £7000 for a kitchen that is incomplete and no one in the company gives a damn. I am the manager of a large retail outlet and if I conducted business in the manner that this company does, I would expect to be closing the doors sooner rather than later.
    For anyone looking for a new kitchen, if you do use Wrens, get your own fitters, dont entertain theirs. They actually do a very good fit if Im being honest, they just dont finish it! Their fitters dont return your calls and regard a job finished when it is far from complete.
    How I wish I had checked this site before parting with my hard earned money to Wrens. The guarantee they give you is not worth the paper it is printed on.
  • vuvuzela
    vuvuzela Posts: 3,648 Forumite
    Armando - please read http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs#companyrep

OP - please be careful before responding, this could be anyone pretending to be from Wrens.
  • Meepster
    Meepster Posts: 5,955 Forumite
    You know which button to press guys :D
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands

• I think it's only fair to give 2 different sides of the story and from personal experience I have only good to say about Wren Kitchens. I had a kitchen designed from their Orpington showroom, the kitchen is fantastic quality (also agreed by my fitter) looks great and the customer service although not perfect was not bad at all. I also know two other people who have bought their kitchens from wren with no problem at all, we're all really pleased, I think you must be a minority.
  • adamg
    adamg Posts: 485 Forumite
    seriously.........how thick do you think people are ???
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • And you mean what exactly?
  • Al_Ross
    Al_Ross Posts: 902
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well my Wrens kitchen has been a nightmare from hell,still problems 9 months on,Phoned Wrens 3 weeks ago as the plinth was falling down every time the dishwasher was opened and 2 cupboard doors are not closing properly,was told their fitters would contact us ,still waiting ,I will leave it till after the new year now then chase it up.

Now heres a coincidence,my wife's sister was visiting last week and she mentioned that a freind of her's who lived in the same village as us was having major problems with a new kitchen that had been going on for months you've guessed from where? yes Wrens. At the point of her telling us this she thought we had in fact gone to a different supplier.

So Wrens sell two kitchens at rougly the sime time to two families who live in the same fairly small village and make a mess of both of them.

Was Jenny Alan lucky or is she employed by Wrens?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure