Brabantia

garyclay
garyclay Posts: 193 Forumite
edited 21 December 2010 at 12:13PM in Praise, vent & warnings
We've had a 50l silver dustbin from Brabantia for 5 years. A couple of years ago the catch went. I contacted Brabantia and they sent a new catch with instructions next day.

The catch went again recently but this time it had sheared off the bin itself and so couldn't be replaced(I'm a bit heavy handed!).

I contacted Brabantia, they took a few details and told me they would send a whole new lid section and it would arrive within 28 days.

Three days later we had a knock at the door and there was my new lid!

Whats more the customer services told me that the bin is covered FOR LIFE so should I need anything else just give them a call.

My mum thought I was crazy when we spent 80-90 quid on a kitchen bin!

She's got one herself now!!!!!

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Go to the Brabantia website, click on "order a service part", then click the link to the part that you need replaced and change the radial button to "Guarantee: you want to claim a free service part under guarantee". Fill in the relevant details and be prepared to send the part, eg bin lid, to them if Brabantia asks for it.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Bennifred
    Bennifred Posts: 3,986 Forumite
    Wow, that is excellent service! Do you know if the guarantee for life is on other Brabantia products, too? I have a bin, rotary clothes line, ironing board etc of theirs - it would be fantastic to think they are guaranteed! :j Or failing that - could you give the customer service number you used, please?
    [
  • garyclay
    No sorry can't find the number at the moment DOH!. Will dig it out!

The lady said the gaurantee is OFFICIALY 5 or 10 years but they basicaly honour every claim! Damn fine of them.

I'll find the number for you!
  • sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    That is fantastic service.

We went out and bought a whole new Brabantia bin when the catch sheared off on ours (and couldn't be replaced). :o

Sarah
  • BWZN93
    BWZN93 Posts: 2,182
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Ive been looking for a bin - and you just sold me on a brabantia one, I was originally deliberating whether I should spend that much but if they look after their customers then its worth it.

Look out brabantia bin sellers, im coming!

Jo xx
    #KiamaHouse
  • garyclay
    Brabantia UK 0870 240 7641

By the way every call is answered by a person within 15 seconds!

I'm so happy my post persauded jw1096 to buy a Brabantia. It's important that good service pays off!
  • Nikki
    Nikki Posts: 775 Forumite
    I am with the OP on this subject. I bought a 50l bin, the catch broke on mine too( I have a sneaky suspicion one of the kids broke it!!). Asked them for a new catch and a few days later I had a whole new bin lid, totally unexpected. I have since also bought a couple of their laundry baskets. Great products(expensive but unlikely that you will need to replace them so worth it) 10/10 for customer service.
  • Scrumshie
    Scrumshie Posts: 170 Forumite
    Thank goodness for this site and the helpful MSE'rs.
    I have just brokenthe catch on my 30l Brabantia bin. The best thing in my kitchen.
    Called the number above, answered in 10 seconds by Nikki who is sending me new bin lid by post free of charge as covered by 10 year guarantee even though I admitted I had broken it, not a fault.
    Fantastic service, saved me £60 on new bin because I could not find a spare parts or Brabantia customer service number in my web searches.
    :j :j

Bin lid delivered 10 days later. Courier delivery, well wrapped.
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,631
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    A pleasure reading this thread. Had just ordered a 30 Lt Brabantia laundry bin and it's due to be delivered tomorrow.

Must have made a good choice!
  • Felicity
    Felicity Posts: 1,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thank you so much to the OP!

We have a 30L which was bought for us as a wedding present 4 years ago (so no receipt). The lid has been faulty for a while.

I called them last week and no questions asked (well apart from the size, finish etc), they have despatched us a new lid!

Fab service. Would def recommend them for anybody thinking of a new bin!
  • Katyag
    Katyag Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    We bought a Brabantia bin in Marko at the beginning of the year and its fantastic! I was only £40 for it but people were still like '£40 for a bin!!!' but this customer service shows its worth it.
    Bringing up 2 handsome boys and 1 gorgeous girl the MSE way!
    Joseph born 19th December 2001
    Matthew born 8th August 2007
    Tara born 23rd January 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills