Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes

Comments

• MyRubyRed
    MyRubyRed Posts: 941 Forumite
    Hi Guys, Ive just stumbled on this thread also. Any one know of a Private Collection (Estee Lauder) smell alike?
  • Carter_2
    Carter_2 Posts: 224 Forumite
    Carter wrote: »
    Just found this thread,no idea why I have never stumbled across it before being close to 3 years old now.

Anyway, I've order 8:

Daisy (have original so will be able to compare)
    Euphoria (for a gift/treat)
    Baby Grace
    Touch of Pink
    Stella (have original)
    Issey Miyake (so many rave reviews on here I had to try it!)
    Ysatis
    Flowerbomb (as above with IM!)

Here's hoping I have as much success as everyone else, I'm a real fragrance junkie so will save me a fortune.

PS - what a shame the original poster of the link to perfume parlour has only received 34 thanks......:huh:

My order finally arrived :j
    Daisy - nice but not exactly like the original
    Euphoria - not tried it as its for someone else as a little treat
    Baby Grace - nice smell but don't know what original is like
    Touch of Pink - love it, one of my favs
    Stella - nice but not like the original and not v strong
    Issey Miyake - really nice but haven't tried original
    Ysatis - hmmm used to wear this many years ago, how times and tastes change!
    Flowerbomb - love it love it love it!

In all great for the money, have loads of variety now, v happy! :D
  • blah11
    blah11 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Mine arrived too :D

Flowerbomb - GORGEOUS!
    Vera Wang Princess - GORGEOUS!
    Orange Boss - Not bought for me but my mum loved it and I thought it was nice too
    Lola - Nice
    Angel - I thought it was quite similar to the original and didnt think it stank or anything..
    Miss Dior Cherie - similar to original but not quite there but gorgeous scent none the less
    Coco mademoiselle - I like it but not my fav, not smelled the original so cant comment on that
    Dolly Girl - Nice and pretty similar to original :D but its quite delicate and not that strong

I liked them all so will DEF be placing another order.
  • Oh dear - whilst it smells fine and not objectionable, it is not Dolce Vita - Cinnamon overpowers the rest and it is "sweeter" (Not sure what the ingredient is that's doing it). So I won't be getting the Neal's Yard gel - unless some enterprising person can tell me how to change existing EDC into perfumed oil? I'm sure there will be a way.
    Minervah wrote: »
    Hi

Just found this thread when I was frantically looking for more Dolce Vita shower Gel. I have plenty of perfume left, but they discontinued all the body lotions, gels, etc. BAD Christian Dior!:angry:. Have blunted my nostrils trying to find a replacement perfume, with no luck.

Saw a suggestion in a magazine that you could add your own perfume oil to Neal's Yard Baseline Bath and Shower Gel, so have ordered some Dolce Vita (type) oil from PP and if it does smell like the real thing, will then order some Baseline to add it to.

If it works, will post result.

Neal's yard do lots of other baseline products, like shampoo, which would be great to have in Dolce Vita - so fingers crossed.
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    I love CK One and it's my No 1 perfume ask for birthdays (unfortunately it's also a favourite with my son).
    What he hasn't discovered is the silver (not red) Kindred Spirit bodyspray which is remarkably similar. This spray is widely available in discount stores such as Savers and Home Bargains. As this is my Year of Not Buying, it's a good thing that I've bought two sprays - and they are LARGE sprays....
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    I love CK One and it's my No 1 perfume ask for birthdays (unfortunately it's also a favourite with my son).
    What he hasn't discovered is the silver (not red) Kindred Spirit bodyspray which is remarkably similar. This spray is widely available in discount stores such as Savers and Home Bargains. As this is my Year of Not Buying, it's a good thing that I've bought two sprays - and they are LARGE sprays....

I have the Perfume Parlour CK1 oil and its excellent too. In fact I'm going to wear it today :D
  • Just received another order (very prompt delivery!)
    So far I have tried Pleasures (Type) and it is lovely, just delicious, sweet, flowery, lovely!
    I have yet to try Amazing Grace (Type) and Noa (Type) though have sniffed at the bottles, and they smell fine, but want to see how the smell on me before I report back.
    Think of ordering the Issy Miyake spray when I have used up the roll-on.
  • Quick message for MyRubyRed, i have found Estee Lauder Private Collection (Type) at
    http://www.theperfumeryuk.com/id31.html

I haven't bought anything from them (yet!) as I like to try the small roller ball fragrances, which they don't do.
  • xoxo_2
    xoxo_2 Posts: 889 Forumite
    edited 27 January 2011 at 11:57PM
    I had another order last week and i'm sooo disappointed by the coco mademoiselle. I think it must be a new batch or something, it smells foul and nothing like the first one I had nor the original :(

Just a heads up for those of you who like it xoxo
    :j
  • sofababe
    sofababe Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    xoxo wrote: »
    I had another order last week and i'm sooo disappointed by the coco mademoiselle. I think it must be a new batch or something, it smells fowl and nothing like the first one I had nor the original :(

Just a heads up for those of you who like it xoxo

Let them know. Amir is very helpful, he might be able to do something for you, maybe a replacement :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback