• bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    badger09 wrote: »
    Thanks for that

Link here
    https://www.youandb.co.uk/studiob/our-stores-birmingham

EDIT:

https://www.youandb.co.uk/resources/ca5d4166-3541-4222-a983-1a00b6623b91/B+Birmingham+T%26Cs+FINAL.pdf

T&C 7 You (or any joint account holders) do not qualify for this offer if you have previously received a cash
    incentive for switching to Clydesdale Bank or Yorkshire Bank using the Current Account Switching Service

Yorkshire Boy - this means you:p
    And many of us:o

I'm not sure if he's planning a workaround, it does say received 'a' cash incentive, doesn't that imply one rather than the double figures he successfully completed?
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,200 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    bigadaj wrote: »
    I'm not sure if he's planning a workaround, it does say received 'a' cash incentive, doesn't that imply one rather than the double figures he successfully completed?

Hmmm I don't think even YorkshireBoy would try that argument:cool:
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 27,991 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You can't be happy! The ones who are "happy" (in the Midlands) will be the ones who are 'wiseallofthetime' and already have a sacrificial account or two lined up for such an offer. :)It's OK, I haven't spent all I got last time yet. ;)

On a serious note though, this has to be the highest incentive offer in recent years?...topped only by a couple cross-referring each other at Nationwide?
    For some reason I also thought of YB when I saw this on HUKD and even gave him a mention....

I wonder how good their records are between the two brands as DW and I only did Yorkshire Bank last time.
    I think....
  • Hi guys, just as an update, I went in to switch my account today. The person dealing with it confirmed that in the next couple of weeks they are looking to roll the offer out nationwide. The offer will also be available by switching online too. He thinks that by the middle of November the offer will be out for everyone.

Something I was pleased with was that he said if you are overdawn there is a two day grace period before you are charged, or at least thats what I interpreted it as meaning.

On another note too, he said the offer also comes with a current account and a savings account. Not sure if you can opt out of the savings account as I didn't ask because I needed one anyway but something to be aware of.
  • xsy77
    xsy77 Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I also have a TSB Classic Plus and don’t want to close it as it earns me interest.

When I try and create a new account whilst logged into my mobile banking, it only gives me the option to create another classic plus. Is this ok?? Or am I pressing the wrong button?

If I figure the above out, my thinking is as follows:

Transfer an amount: say £250
    Setup 2x direct debits: I’ll find some that I use regularly.
    Setup a standing order to transfer in £1000 per month and then transfer out the next day.
    After the incentive has been recieved use this account to do th first direct incentive offer.

Does all that sound correct??
  • If you can't see a 'Apply for Classic' button (it should be there. I can see one when trying to open another account), then try applying for a Classic Plus. They may just downgrade it to Classic on account opening.

I don't think you actually need to transfer an amount, to satisfy a switch requirement (after all, what if you bring over an overdraft too?). But I tend to stick a quid in.
    The T&Cs online do state that you only seem to need to set up 2 direct debits, after the account has been opened, however, I'd probably set them up on the TSB account, and then transfer them over to avoid any possible hiccups.

But it appears to be correct, yes.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,536 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    In the past I have opened an extra TSB Classic account- that's the basic one- not the Plus. Kept it for a few months and then switched making sure I had fulfilled the criteria. Maybe it's time to open another??!!

I'm thinking you can only have one Classic + these days anyway.

I don't think I have anything else to switch unless I sacrifice a BOS a/c which is no longer paying such big bucks!!!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    michaels wrote: »
    For some reason I also thought of YB when I saw this on HUKD and even gave him a mention....

I wonder how good their records are between the two brands as DW and I only did Yorkshire Bank last time.

Obviously no harm in trying but the switching team for Clydesdale/Yorkshire are one and the same.
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Shame to miss out on it...... still get 9 monthly £1 statements from Y/CB........
  • Jibeddy
    Jibeddy Posts: 86 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I think the £250 offer has now gone live nationwide!

http://www.ybonline.co.uk/personal/current-accounts/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport