Mortgage free by 2021?!

Options

Comments

• hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Options
    Ali-OK wrote: »
    That £300 a month was a nice mistake to find!

Excellent OPing and hope the job hunt goes well.

Thanks! I'm glad I tend toward the pessimistic side on the finance front, otherwise the mistake could have gone the other way!
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Text from FD confirms that the regular payment has gone out. Interest won't apply until Thursday thanks to banking weirdness, but plugging in the number they gave me the balance should be £149,847.03 :D

Did not expect to blow through my April goal a full month early - that just leaves sub-£300/mo interest goal for next month!
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Lots of little things to OP today, but they add up.

£15.54 interest from N@tionwide
    £10.00 from p@nelbase
    £0.99 buying a kindle book with promotional credit
    £24.76 from DH selling dvds :eek: :D

Mortgage down to £149,795.74
  • Ali-OK
    Ali-OK Posts: 4,073 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Helloooo £140s :D.... only got to blink and another few thousand bites the dust :D

More HST 2 than steam train!
    Back on the DFW Wagon:

CC - £3,300 on 0% til 04/2020
    CC - £4,500 on 0% til 02/2019
    Loan - £12,063.84 as at 4/1/18
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Ali-OK wrote: »
    Helloooo £140s :D.... only got to blink and another few thousand bites the dust :D

More HST 2 than steam train!

:D Amazing what throwing a full-time salary at a mortgage can do. Spreadsheet estimates we'll hit ~£2,500 net reduction per month around this time next year, possibly a bit sooner with extra little OPs.

Got an unexpected - and brutal! - workout today. Had to take the cat to the vet so decided to finally get around to fixing my bike tyre and cycle over as it's about the same time as the bus (and no waiting around). Not sure if the gears on the bike are screwy (probably) or the cat is a lardbutt (definitely) but holy .... that was a hard slog! 6.1 miles, 40min total, plus a dog walk at the end for good measure. Thankfully the cat is a good passenger (as long as you're not in a car, then he yowls constantly). He may need surgery in a week or two if his wounds don't heal up on their own, but fingers crossed we can skip that.

Definitely earned the cookie I had as a treat post-dog walk.
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    £18.13 interest from T$B gone to the mortgage, as well as £5.50 for buying software in USD

No sign of the H@lifax reward £5 yet, will see if that shows up later in the week.

Also waiting on TCB payout to a c!neworld gc, will go see Dad's Army (DH's request) this weekend if it shows up by then.

Nothing too exciting, and annoyingly we're not close to breaking any thousands thresholds until November...but that one's forecasted at £130,027.41 at the moment. :D Should be able to get that forecast below £130k this month.
  • Petal88
    Petal88 Posts: 272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lots of little things to OP today, but they add up.

£15.54 interest from N@tionwide
    £10.00 from p@nelbase
    £0.99 buying a kindle book with promotional credit
    £24.76 from DH selling dvds :eek: :D

Mortgage down to £149,795.74

Funny that - I ended up getting a free kindle book yesterday with an @mazon promo code they sent me. Which one did you end up with?

Can't believe you're sub 150k already! :eek: Well done!
    Mortgage Oct '20: £615k
    Mortgage Feb '24: 590k
    Debt Feb'24: £35,501.54
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    I would never have thought of taking a cat on a bike! Yes I think your definitely earnt the cookie :)

I'm sure you will get it sub 130k in November by finding the £27.42 easily.
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    OOh well reminded about TSB interest... I'm off to OP mine!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Petal88 wrote: »
    Funny that - I ended up getting a free kindle book yesterday with an @mazon promo code they sent me. Which one did you end up with?

Got a book in the daily deals on startups - not sure if I'm really its target audience but it's interesting at least.
    Can't believe you're sub 150k already! :eek: Well done!

Thanks, me too! Too bad the "we could live off one salary" revelation didn't occur earlier!
    I would never have thought of taking a cat on a bike! Yes I think your definitely earnt the cookie :)

When the bike is in good shape, it's actually not too bad. The buses near us are rather unreliable so you may be waiting a while to get one, and there's no guarantee that the right one would show up. Will definitely do some bike maintenance prior to doing another trip, though!
    OOh well reminded about TSB interest... I'm off to OP mine!

On the one hand, I find their system of interest weird (midnight on the first banking day of the month, really?). On the other hand, it does guarantee a minimum of 2 OPs per month, so that's nice for motivation/momentum. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure