IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel BW again

Comments

• claretmad62
    claretmad62 Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Can't thank you enough Fruitcake for responding and your good self Molts, I'd seen on other threads where you guys had written responses against the numbered comments of the Claimants WS... So was assuming similar, apologies if I mis-interpreted.
    cm62
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 June 2017 at 4:06PM
    I only skimmed it , but you should go through it line by line and rebut everything they say.
    If they mention POFA, or appeals, or PoPLA, you say it didn't exist at the time of the alleged event, and obviously therefore cannot be retrospectively applied.

There is a comment I couldn't completely make out but it was something like, I am instructed that the signs shown here were in place at the time, or similar. Just ask for the metadata and time/date stamps to prove this. You just say I don't believe these signs were there at the time. They certainly aren't there now.

Just rebut everything and everything and ask for proof of every comment they make or document or sign they rely on.

Check information at Companies house. When was the company formed? What is the company name and company number and check that was it the same at the time of the alleged event? For example, was it once Parking Scammers Corp and is now Parking Scammers Inc, and was the company number changed if the name changed.
    I'm only throwing ideas out here, and you don't really need that detail as I'm sure you will win on it being pre-POFA, but the more nails you can hammer in the less chance there is for them. Just concentrate on the most important stuff first and then work on other stuff if you have time.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • claretmad62
    First Anniversary
    I have written something already, to the effect of that's not possible(signage) as my PCN states £60.00 fine discounted to £40.00. Your photos of the sign clearly show £100 & £60 . I will take a look over CM's input into Lamilads "me and excel at war" thread. CM went thru each of the Claimants remarks and pretty much destroyed them. I would imagine that as most of you allude to. The Claimants WS are pretty much 95% generic. I can't seem to get the link up from Lamilads thread showing the Excel WS. Would like to put that up against mine and then fill in the gaps. So if anyone knows how to get the link it would be appreciated. Cheers Fruitcake
    cm62
  • Molts
    Molts Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 June 2017 at 4:50PM
  • claretmad62
    First Anniversary
    Tried that earlier this morning, says link broken when I try to open in new tab
    cm62
  • Molts
    Molts Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 June 2017 at 4:55PM
    Oh I think he has disabled it after finding out Excel were trawling the forums and tried to use his Pepipoo info against him. Hopefully Lamilad will see this and be able to get the info you need to you.

Maybe a PM to him?
  • Fruitcake
    I have written something already, to the effect of that's not possible(signage) as my PCN states £60.00 fine discounted to £40.00. Your photos of the sign clearly show £100 & £60 . I will take a look over CM's input into Lamilads "me and excel at war" thread. CM went thru each of the Claimants remarks and pretty much destroyed them. I would imagine that as most of you allude to. The Claimants WS are pretty much 95% generic. I can't seem to get the link up from Lamilads thread showing the Excel WS. Would like to put that up against mine and then fill in the gaps. So if anyone knows how to get the link it would be appreciated. Cheers Fruitcake

Excellent. So you can rebut their bit where they say they have been informed that the signs are the ones in place at the time. This is an obvious lie and is a cynical attempt to try to get more out of you than the original PCN given to the driver.

They have tried to make you look unreasonable. Now you make them out to be unreasonable in return, but your biggest stick is still the fact that the POFA didn't exist at the time of the alleged event.
    They have stated that are not relying on the POFA 2012, so you want to know what they are relying on in order to allege the keeper is liable.
  • Fruitcake
    edited 10 June 2017 at 6:16PM
    They know that Elliott vs Loake is not relevant in a small claims court because (I think) they have been involved in cases where judges have said this and similarly they know that CPS vs AJH films has also been rubbished by judges. Therefore they know full well that they cannot hold the keeper liable or assume the keeper is the driver.
    Therefore they are being unreasonable by the whole shebang and are wasting the court's time knowing these points do not hold water.

Just keep hammering how unreasonable they are at every point. They are vexatious and know it.

Point out that a solicitor's first duty is to the court. The Parking Prankster reported in the last few days that one solicitor decided not to continue a case once he knew how unreasonable the case was. Why aren't this bunch carrying out the same duty of care to their clients?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    similarly they know that CPS vs AJH films has also been rubbished by judges
    Confirmed at appeal, therefore now carries 'persuasive' weight. And given that this decision was at a BWL/Excel case, they should not be using this argument again.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/motorist-wins-appeal-cps-vs-ajh-films.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,448 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I have written something already, to the effect of that's not possible(signage) as my PCN states £60.00 fine discounted to £40.00. Your photos of the sign clearly show £100 & £60.

Comedy gold. Well done, BW Legal! :rotfl:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure