iPhone 7 Plus - Carphone Warehouse still have no stock?

Options
Jlawson118
Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
So I know there's been a worldwide stock issue with the iPhone 7 Plus. But I pre-ordered a normal black, 128GB model from the Carphone Warehouse on the 9th September. I paid £350 upfront for a £40 a month contract to be connected with O2.

The lady informed me that there was this delay and I should have it by October 7th. She told me in advance so I was fine with this, but I was expecting to have it just before. I know it's not the 7th yet, but I spoke to an online agent this morning who informed me that this delay has moved to October 21st now. Well I was disappointed in this, so I visited a store this afternoon where I was told by the man there's still a delay, and I asked for a refund and was going to go elsewhere but another man in the shop said that the pre-orders were being delivered by now, so he offered I wait until Saturday and if not, then I'll get a pay as you go sim card topped up, for free as my current contract ends with EE on Sunday, or he'll sort the refund out.

Now my question is regarding the delay, is there still a delay? Or are the carphone warehouse just fobbing me off, and could I just cancel this order, walk into a phone shop and come straight out with an iPhone 7 Plus?

Comments

• Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There is still a delay.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Jlawson118 wrote: »
    Now my question is regarding the delay, is there still a delay? Or are the carphone warehouse just fobbing me off,

Even Apple's own site are advising 3-4 weeks for delivery. Unless CPW are in bed with Apple simply to try and deny you your phone, I don't think there is much fobbing off going on here!

Jlawson118 wrote: »
    and could I just cancel this order, walk into a phone shop and come straight out with an iPhone 7 Plus?

Try it? You may get one, you may not. Depends on the stock levels of the phone shop you choose.
  • Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Exemplar wrote: »
    There is still a delay.

The Carphone Warehouse told me my number would be activated with O2 when dispatched for delivery. And in the space of the last ten minutes, this has all been activated so I think that I may have everything by the original set date of the 7th
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 5 October 2016 at 9:47PM
    Options
    I managed to get iphone 7 silver 32gb carphone warehouse but everywhere is out of stock e.g 3-4 weeks delivery & only stock left is for pre orders...

Man in Carphone store said might get some delivery Friday if not 2-4 weeks time and told me that there is small number available online so u might get one if your lucky but rose gold there is loads of stock available

o2 told me 4-6 weeks wait maybe shorter but phones will be snapped up quickly & no jet black for sale until December/Jan maybe before

so that's very poor from apple..
  • AliWarsi10
    Options
    Hey, I'm in a similar situation. My activation and delivery date were set for Oct 14th (initially signed up on Sept 21 for a iPhone 7 plus Black 32gb) I have had no updates from CPW but when I walked into the store and asked, they were unable to give me a confirmed date for the delivery. I called a number and someone told me that all shipments are delayed and they are being told that the next batch of 7 pluses are expected to drop Oct 21... My question is...Since your line activated on the date you were initially told did you receive your phone on time or are you still waiting? Thanks
  • Bogdan_Cariman
    Options
    I managed to get iphone 7 silver 32gb carphone warehouse but everywhere is out of stock e.g 3-4 weeks delivery & only stock left is for pre orders...
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Almost every Apple Store had all the colours and capacities of the iPhone 7 in stock this morning.

Four Apple Stores had the iPhone 7 Plus in at least one size/colour. They were Glasgow, Southampton, Solihull and Cardiff iirc.
    ====
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Probably related to particular colours and storage sizes. Much the same applies to the iPhone SE 64GB Gold. Loads of places mark it as in stock but when it comes to the crunch they actually don't have it. apple.com has loads of them as does Argos. I actually bought mine sim-free with my credit card from apple.com. Not really a lot of difference though paying off the credit card over 24 months as opposed to getting it on contract over 24 months.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    Apple offer interest free credit on some phones, we always deal directly with Apple, their own Apple Stores offer incredible service and will take you step by step through swapping/upgrading your phone, numbers, settings, apps, etc. All that's missing is a free coffee! Their warranty service is a "while you wait" swap out, EU wide too...

An iPhone bought directly from Apple doesn't lock to the network of the first SIM inserted, the last time I checked those from CPW and Argos did. I don't understand why anyone would bother buying an iPhone from CPW (or Argos).
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Apple offer interest free credit on some phones, we always deal directly with Apple, their own Apple Stores offer incredible service and will take you step by step through swapping/upgrading your phone, numbers, settings, apps, etc. All that's missing is a free coffee! Their warranty service is a "while you wait" swap out, EU wide too...

An iPhone bought directly from Apple doesn't lock to the network of the first SIM inserted, the last time I checked those from CPW and Argos did. I don't understand why anyone would bother buying an iPhone from CPW (or Argos).

Looks like you're considering your own point of view and no-one else's. Why buy from Argos? Collect at my local store within one hour. Or I might have an Argos card and be able to get a buy now pay 12 months later deal. For my mePhone SE 64GB Gold Argos were £10 dearer than apple.com. I don't believe that Argos would lock any phone which is sold as unlocked sim-free. But if they did would't everyone take it back? I would!

Agree that Apple Store staff are good - if you have an Apple Store within striking distance: My nearest is 36 miles away in Cambridge.

The financing I was offered on apple.com for the mePhone SE 64GB Gold was via Paypal Credit over 24 months at 14.9% APR costing £24 per month. More expensive than my Lloyds Bank Platinum Mastercard at 10.9% APR. If I added my current £18 per month Vodaphone sim to £24 per month for Paypal Credit financing I get £42 per month which is equivalent to the offer on mobilephonesdirect.com or if I reduced my data to 2GB I could get it £10 cheaper - if they have the phone in stock which they don't! I know, I ordered it and cancelled it. However the total cost of credit of £76 makes the contract cheaper but not by much - £76 over 24 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure