Where can I buy EGGnog ?

Does anyone know where I can buy EGGNOG from?

always fancied trying it

Comments

• Normally it is the same as Advocaat - you can buy it from any supermarket!

Although, I just looked in Tesco's website and they also have a Jamaican version - Serge Island Egg Nog Drink 240ml.

Good luck - I never did like it myself, it is one of those "marmite" things I think!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Aldi stocks it usually too.
  • http://www.americansweets.co.uk/bordens-egg-nog-limited-stocks-1st-come-1st-served-826-p.asp

They have it on this site, may be too late for christmas this year now though. By the way, i bought some last year because, like you, i'd always wanted to try it. It is stinking!!! Oh, well...:p
    I like my money right where I can see it - hanging in my closet.;)
  • fattyrae1 wrote: »
    http://www.americansweets.co.uk/bordens-egg-nog-limited-stocks-1st-come-1st-served-826-p.asp

They have it on this site, may be too late for christmas this year now though. By the way, i bought some last year because, like you, i'd always wanted to try it. It is stinking!!! Oh, well...:p

It is horrid, really yucky !. I have seen it for sale in Aldi but would avoid. yuck yuck yuck
  • JJ7
    JJ7 Posts: 544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I never did like it myself, it is one of those "marmite" things I think!
    :rotfl: :rotfl:

You know, you're right! Advocat and lemonade yum yum I could just drink it now - I'm still chuckling at the marmite thing.
  • JJ7 wrote: »
    :rotfl: :rotfl:

You know, you're right! Advocat and lemonade yum yum I could just drink it now - I'm still chuckling at the marmite thing.

Oh no I cant even stand the smell of Advocat, but I could quite happily eat some marmite on toast :D
  • Ocado were doing it. But real homemade eggnog and the kind you buy taste completely different. Advocaat is a liqueur. Traditional eggnog is non-alcoholic.

If you want to make it at home pm I have a recipe.
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    Traditional, refrigerated eggnog is not generally sold in the UK. Trust me, I've been looking for 3 years now! :D

You can buy Jamaican "eggnog" in little box cartons (like Ribena :P) which is similar but not quite the same. Honestly, the closest thing you can find to traditional American eggnog to make it yourself - it's really not that hard.

Buying the preserved stuff in a cans/cartons is a very poor second. If you're like me and grew up on the fresh stuff you can find next to the milk, then there's really no substitute.
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • JJ7
    JJ7 Posts: 544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    real homemade eggnog and the kind you buy taste completely different. Advocaat is a liqueur
    Oh crikey, I've shown my ignorance now but seeing as I only have a sip once a year it's understandable - I hope.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure