low fat/low carb/diabetic/vegetarian recipe site

I don't know if this'll come in handy for anyone, but I thought it was unusual to see ideas for special dietry needs, as well as everyday ones.
Laughter is the sun
that drives winter
from the human face

Comments

16011996 Posts: 8,313
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    ooh, thanks, had a peek, and saved to favs, will have a proper look later.
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,857
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Senior Ambassador
    have you seen the new low carb sweets
    low carb rolos
    low carb kit kats
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    have you seen the new low carb sweets
    low carb rolos
    low carb kit kats

:oHave you seen how expensive they are :o

I'm a 'chunky monkey' and I'm happy to stay that way. I dont understand diets - never have never will so I'll stick to full fat rolo's ;D I can even get 2 packets for the price of 1 low carb packet ;)
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • amosworks
    amosworks Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    Low carb rolos are full fat rolos lol - in fact most low carb food has more fat and protein that the sugar related counterparts. If you don't understand diets, why not try something like Atkins where you're actively encouraged to eat more to lose weight :D I think that'll turn your misconceptions on their head :)
  • Smiley_Mum
    Smiley_Mum Posts: 3,836
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    What I've found is foods stated as being low fat have more sugar in them and most low carb foods have more fat in, both help pile on the pounds and are just gimmicky in my opinion.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • amosworks
    amosworks Posts: 1,831 Forumite
    Eating fat doesn't pile on the pounds?!
  • Thank you, I am enjoying this web site, but it is a tad American. As an American myself, I know that a lot of things over there, we can't get over here. But will try my best to do some of the recipes and enjoy. As a diabetic, I think I will enjoy this site.
    Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money but you can't get more time
  • Hi xx Does anyone know of a link to British vegetarian low carb shoppping list ??? Thanks
  • Yeah the quorn, dairy and vegetable aisles at Tesco.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure