Questions about WW2 Ration diet

I have questions about this so please bear with me. I take in students temporarily between feb and june to make some extra money. It is usually very lucrative but I'd like to slash my food bill further and read about this Ration diet after seeing the series on TV awhile ago.
I need to provide brekfast, lunch and dinner for 3 children for between 3 and 4 nights at a time. Currently I provide cereals (tesco's value or aldi/lidl specials) toast and choc spread (usually tesco value or lidl) Lidl bread rolls are 29p for 12, ham or chicken for sandwhiches, value yogs, value cake (26p mini rolls or 1.19 for 3 madiera slab cakes) crisps and cartons of drink + fruit. I do pasta based meals and simple puddings. Any advice pls. BTW there are 3 of us already and I usually spend £50-60 per week on food shoppping when I have the students. Is this too much, about right? Can I cut it further?
THE LONG AND THE SLOW ROAD SEEM TO APPLY TO DEBTS AND DIETS... THE TWO THINGS I WANT TO SEE THE BACK OF...:D

Comments

• nuttyrockeress
    nuttyrockeress Posts: 1,256
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi georgiasmum

I have found this thread in the mega index - hope it's what your looking for
    It's nice to be nutty but's more important to be nice
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport