weight watchers(no count)

im on the weightwatchers(no count)has anybody got any main meal ideas and puddings
no count list
whole fruit,veg and beans
tinned fruit in natural juice
rice,pasta and potato,lean meat,fish,poultry and eggs
skimmed milk,soya milk, low fat yogurt, low fat fromage frais,low fat soft cheese
non sugary breakfast cereal e.g porridge,weetabix special k
crispbread and rice cakes
soups not ones with real cream
quarn and tofu (never tried these so would like to know if they are ok)
low fat cooking spray fat or oil free salad dressing, sugar free jelly
sauces condiments and dressings e.g gravy granules,mint sauce,apple sauce,oxo,vanilla essence,vinegar,tomato puree,soy sauce herbs,lemon juice,artificial sweetner baking powder,mustard,pepper,salt,
weight watchers fruities (sweets)
tea,coffee,water and diet drinks
any ideas will be most welcome thankyou im hoping to do meals for the whole family so i dont have to cook seperate meals

Comments

• I am on WW too (this is the 3rd time). Here are some of the things you can have on no count:

Spag Bol (made with lean mince or quorn and home-made sauce)
    Shepherds Pie (made with lean mince or quorn) - I use Mr Mash for the potato topping without adding butter
    Chilli Con Carne
    Roast chicken/turkey breast, boiled potatoes, veg and gravy
    Fish with pesto crust (nicked from Michelle McManus' diary) - very nice indeed
    Quorn meatballs with tomato sauce and spaghetti

There are loads of ideas on the internet and I've found tons of stuff in their cook books. You can have smoothies as well (I am especially fond of one made with yogurt, banana and mixed berries). I've noticed a recipe for strawberry mousse by Blacksaturn - you could use sugar free jelly and skimmed milk). You could also try adding sugar free lemonade to strawberry sugar-free jelly too.
    Hope this helps.
  • loopylass
    loopylass Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    hi i make the shepherds pie with normal mash without butter just skimmed milk(can i ask why you use mr mash)
    can you can me how you make your homemade sauce for spag bol
    dont know how to make chilli con carne (im useless lol)
    can you tell me how to make pesto crust please because i love fish
    i bought the scales because i was on the points but then switched to no count but put on half a pound but was told im not eating enough have you lost a lot ive lost a stone since august and thats with both mainly points tho but i like the idea of no counting on meals do you snack in between on fruit etc
    a lady in our group has lost 4 stone in 4 months on no count so i dont know what im doing wrong lol
    but im going to stick with it
    I am on WW too (this is the 3rd time). Here are some of the things you can have on no count:

Spag Bol (made with lean mince or quorn and home-made sauce)
    Shepherds Pie (made with lean mince or quorn) - I use Mr Mash for the potato topping without adding butter
    Chilli Con Carne
    Roast chicken/turkey breast, boiled potatoes, veg and gravy
    Fish with pesto crust (nicked from Michelle McManus' diary) - very nice indeed
    Quorn meatballs with tomato sauce and spaghetti

There are loads of ideas on the internet and I've found tons of stuff in their cook books. You can have smoothies as well (I am especially fond of one made with yogurt, banana and mixed berries). I've noticed a recipe for strawberry mousse by Blacksaturn - you could use sugar free jelly and skimmed milk). You could also try adding sugar free lemonade to strawberry sugar-free jelly too.
    Hope this helps.
  • There Is A Link On Here With Recipes Points Etc ....google Msn Coasties Recipe Swap And It Should Come Up.its Sooo Hard But I Know If I Leave W.w. I Will Never Loose Any Weight....why Dont We Help Each Other And Post On Here. I Love Poached Egg (1 +1/2 ,waffle (1+1/2) 3tbsp Baked Beans (1) Tomato (0) And 3 Turkey Rashers (1)
    Also I Make Up Soup For When I Want To Snack....the Zero Point Stuff.....
  • Loopylass, sorry not got any idea about Weight Watchers. However eat Quorn and occassionally tofu as am a vegetarian, and both are quite tasty if done in a sauce, such as spag bol, mexican type sauces, curry. Tofu haven't used for ages, but will try and dig out some suggestions for you.
    Have in the past put OH on a diet which I just made up myself, basically avoiding fat for his meals, and not buying some of the stuff he likes, pies, pastries etc, and he seemed to do quite well on that, looking at your list, a lot of what I gave him is on that, only I was giving him chicken and fish to eat, but I was trying to eat similar meals to him to cut down on cooking, so using quorn or vegetables, also he didn't feel he was on a diet so much as I was practically eating the same stuff, if that makes sense!

Big pot of vegetable soup made with any veg to hand and stock cubes.

Tomato sauce for bolognaise/chilli etc - dont saute onion, bung all ingreds, tin tomatoes, herbs, garlic, tomato puree in bowl and microwave for 10 mins, or in pot on hob and simmer for 10/15 mins. Add chilli for mexican type food. Good on its own with pasta/rice or add quorn mince or pieces before cooking sauce, and cook altogether.

What about tandoori/tikka quorn with rice. Marinade chicken fillets, fish or quorn pieces or fillets in mix of plain yoghourt (I sometimes use fromage frais, depends what I have), lemon juice and some curry spices, (if you can marinade overnight, well and good, if not, as long as you can, and then either grill, or bake in the oven. You can buy tandoori powder from likes of Tesco and Asda, otherwise you can make up your own mix - from the top of my head I use garlic, pepper, cumin, chilli, ginger, coriander, cinnamon, fenugreek and saffron, but this is liable to change, depending on cupboard ingreds.

Did a similar thing with fillets of haddock/cod marinaded and then grilled for a couple of minutes either side and served with salad.

You can make up all sorts of marinades using yoghourt perhaps adding some tomato sauce, onion, garlic, chilli, lemon juice and perhaps oregano.

Pasta - anything you like, whilst that is cooking, in a bowl beat up egg, milk or fromage frais and season. Beat in some low fat cheese, add some chopped chives or spring onion if liked, you can also add chopped tomatoes, peppers, cooked meat strips depending on what you are allowed, and what your family like to eat. Drain pasta, and put a touch of pasta water back in the pan, just so that pasta doesn't stick to the pan, add pasta and then mix in all other ingreds stirring all the time until heated through and serve with salad. You can add some mustard to the egg mix if you like, I like to add the grainy stuff. Am not sure how many you will be cooking for, so can't give you amounts, but I do something for a family of 3 adults, so use either 2 or 3 eggs and make it up to about 1/2 pint with milk/fromage frais or cream. Just realized it was low fat soft cheese spread you would be using, so include that in the 1/2 pint measure I was talking about.

Not sure if this will be any help to you at all, but might give you some ideas
  • Well done for losing the weight Loopy Lass! This is my 3rd time with WW. I lost 2 stone on my 1st and 2nd goes, but put it back on 'cos I went back to being bad! I started again 3 weeks ago and have lost 3.5lb so far! My old WW leader told me that you're only meant to eat the no count foods freely at mealtimes until you feel full up. I tend to snack on fruit, rice cakes or low fat yog. You also get 21 points to spread over a week to cover stuff not included in the no count list (like bread!). Mostly I stick to full choice because I like the flexibility.

I use Mr Mash 'cos I'm lazy and it's better than my lumpy potatoes! lol!

My spag bol recipe is a bit haphazard. I tend to chuck things in as I go along, but here's what I generally use: Lean beef mince or quorn mince, 1 onion, 1 clove of garlic, tin of chopped tomatoes, big squirt of tomato puree, beef oxo cube, pinch of mixed herbs if I remember, shake of worcester sauce and gravy granules if I'm using quorn.
    The chilli recipe should be in your WW handbook.

Fish recipe: For pesto for one person blend handful of pine-nuts, basil, 1 garlic clove and 1 tablespoon olive oil together. Pop the filet of fish (I use Cod or haddock) into a foil parcel and spoon the pesto over the top before closing the foil parcel. Cook the fish as per packet instructions.

I found another recipe on the MSC threads which could be used on no count and be served with rice:
    Basque Ratatouille
    Serves four

1/2 lb onions, peeled and finely chopped
    2 tbsp olive oil
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    1lb courgettes or marrow, washed and sliced
    1lb tomatoes, chopped
    1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
    1 tsp parsley, chopped
    salt & pepper

Cook the onion and garlic very slowly in the oil for about 10 - 15 mins so that they become translucent and juicy. Then add all the remaining ingredients and simmer with the lid on for about 1/2 an hour. Serve straight away.

Good luck!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    belfastgal wrote:
    ....why Dont We Help Each Other And Post On Here.

There is a long running and very strong support thread for those wanting to lose weight on the I Wanna board. It's in the link below. Good luck.

I wanna lose weight 5
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • loopylass
    hi

Thankyou very much i now have some more ideas
    is mr mash a free food on no count?

i wish you all luck in losing your weight and if you can think of any more recipes then feel free to pm me or post on here as the more variety i get the more im likely to stick with it lol
  • loopylass
    hi

i feel the same if i stop going then im going to put on what i have lost if you want some support then feel free to pm me and we can try and help each other and anyone else if they would like support perhaps with support we will get to the weight we want to be and good luck:D

belfastgal wrote:
    There Is A Link On Here With Recipes Points Etc ....google Msn Coasties Recipe Swap And It Should Come Up.its Sooo Hard But I Know If I Leave W.w. I Will Never Loose Any Weight....why Dont We Help Each Other And Post On Here. I Love Poached Egg (1 +1/2 ,waffle (1+1/2) 3tbsp Baked Beans (1) Tomato (0) And 3 Turkey Rashers (1)
    Also I Make Up Soup For When I Want To Snack....the Zero Point Stuff.....
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    i have been WWing since April last year, and have lost most of my weight on No count, I love it!

Mr mash would not be free as its a processed food.

If you need any help just shout, you can make virtually anything with the no count list, i have even adapted hommous etc.

Belfastgal, did you get that link from me, or are you on the WW board?

Good luck, its all in the mind.

Whether you think you can or you think you cant you are right!
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • FZwanab
    FZwanab Posts: 472
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    I reached my goal doing nothing but no count. It is very os. Basically you cut out all processed foods, bread and cheese, no eating in between meals except fruit. I am still using it now more or less, its very like the G.I. diet, have porridge for breakfast, homemade soup followed by a baked potato and tuna ( with Hellmans extra light Mayo- 6points in the whole jar, check out fat per 100g!) for lunch. Dinner pretty much as normal Spag bol, shep pie, chicken stew, fish potatoes and veg, loads of other ideas on this site. I ate loads of whole fruit as you get the fibre that way, for example a glass of orange juice you had to point but a whole orange was no count. I used my 21 points on things like using olive oil to fry veg, the odd slice of bread, if I was having a cuppa somewhere that didn't have skimmed milk etc. It also helps if you keep busy. There are a lot of American websites dedicated to this, they are not allowed white pasta, or rice and get a smaller number of extra points to play with during the week. It is called something else there. Also watch the fruit you eat eating mandarins, plums or small apples would give you a quicker weight loss than bananas or avocado pears etc..., also if you try and cut out all the additional points you will lose weight quicker. Also in Ireland, not sure about the UK but if you have had a baby and were a previous gold member, you have the first 6 months after the birth free. If you are a gold member and have less than 5lbs to lose you can attend free too.
    Penny xxx
    Old age isn't bad when you consider the alternative.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure