Bus Passes

12346»

Comments

• chesky369
    chesky369 Posts: 2,590 Forumite
    Did you enquire what Siobhan Benita says about this? She's apparently doing very well in the opinion polls.

Well she won't get too many votes in West London that's for sure, since she is backing a third runway at Heathrow.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Did you enquire what Siobhan Benita says about this? She's apparently doing very well in the opinion polls.

She has a lot to say on transport but seems to be silent on the matter of the Freedom Pass.
    http://www.londonmoving.org.uk/blog/?p=6334
  • teajug
    teajug Posts: 488 Forumite
    edited 1 May 2012 at 9:46AM
    headpin wrote: »
    Extract from Boris Johnson's manifestos for Mayor of London 2012

"I have maintained free or discounted fares for the most vulnerable, including the Freedom Pass for older people, which I extended to 24 hours, and for disabled people17. If elected I will go further and reverse the last Labour Government’s decision to stop Londoners getting their Freedom Pass at 60"

And Ken Livingstone's:

"I will return the age of eligibility for the Freedom Pass to 60."

So, if either get elected then the "expectation" is that Londoners will still enjoy "free" travel at 60.

Since it was Ken Livingston that brought in the freedom passes he said that there was no way he would rescend it. He also says that the will be reducing fares for everyone about 7% and also looking at the housing problems that exists in the city.

As for Bois he brought in the Boris bikes and to be able to take one out you have be a holder of a credit card that is if you have not got a disability and able ride on in London. Not much bike lanes created either in the city for these bikes, nothing at all about getting all transport and especially underground station usable for all disabled people.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,217 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Know what? Millions of people do not live in London and have zero interest or care about Boris bike, Oyster cards or Freedom passes :p
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • chesky369
    chesky369 Posts: 2,590 Forumite
    ..........and millions of people DO live in London, some of them even on these boards.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    chesky369 wrote: »
    ..........and millions of people DO live in London, some of them even on these boards.

I'm not one of them (thankfully) - but I'm very envious of the Freedom Pass available in London. :)
  • HappyMedium_2
    HappyMedium_2 Posts: 106 Forumite
    Would be great to have buses or trains - have to have a car in rural areas
  • John_Pierpoint
    John_Pierpoint Posts: 8,391 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Would be great to have buses or trains - have to have a car in rural areas

..........................or a motor bike?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    and if they were being abolished, tell me why rail companies are now trialing their use to give one third off normal fares. Admittedly to begin with it's only on selected routes. There use is equivalent to the old persons railcard ie one third off.

In Dorset you can use them from Weymouth to Westbury (13 stations). yes it's an obscure route, but from small acorns, oak trees grow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure