Toto Energy reviews: add your feedback

Comments

• Toto Smart Meter Saver came up as cheapest for me on Cheap Energy Club so I phoned. Joined a queue waiting for a ring back on 0333 103 5855, couldn't make the live chat work but did get a speedy reply when I rang the number off the web site 0333 210 7070. The Smart Meter Saver isn't available in my area and is actually a variable tariff that you sign up for for a year, with a £50 exit fee. I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that. The advisor did his best to convince me that the tariff was just as likely to go down, and offered me an alternative ( at a higher rate) with a £20 exit fee instead - a tariff he says he recommends to customers. I was cut off as I was speaking - he obviously decided he was wasting his time.
  • ecoten
    ecoten Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Anne_M. wrote: »
    Toto Smart Meter Saver came up as cheapest for me on Cheap Energy Club so I phoned. Joined a queue waiting for a ring back on 0333 103 5855, couldn't make the live chat work but did get a speedy reply when I rang the number off the web site 0333 210 7070. The Smart Meter Saver isn't available in my area and is actually a variable tariff that you sign up for for a year, with a £50 exit fee. I'm not sure why anyone would want to do that. The advisor did his best to convince me that the tariff was just as likely to go down, and offered me an alternative ( at a higher rate) with a £20 exit fee instead - a tariff he says he recommends to customers. I was cut off as I was speaking - he obviously decided he was wasting his time.

I had the same experience. Looks like the smart meter saver is just a ploy to appear high up on the comparison site and then convince people to take their more expensive tariff. They tried very hard to talk me into going onto another tariff. I stood my ground and the eventually agreed to put me on the cheaper tariff for electricity only.

Lets see how long it takes them to send me a welcome pack with a switching date.
  • Why would a company ask new customers for reviews before they are even connected - BECAUSE IT'S ALL DOWNHILL FROM THEN ON.
    This company is fine if everything goes right as THEY DO NOTHING BUT TAKE YOUR MONEY.
    If you choose to leave because they are so useless, THEY MAKE YOU WAIT WEEKS TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK.
    This post is a protest as they have kept over £200 of my money for 23 days now and despite a smart meter I have no final bill.
    :mad::mad::mad:
  • Almost identical to the experience I had.
  • This is horrifying. I am in the process of switching to Toto but have run into small problems which are impossible to sort out without customer services. And that is where it becomes really difficult. I have emailed the help centre twice with no response. I have tried Live Chat twice but it was not operating. I have tried calling three times. Each time I have been held in an endless queue. Twice I have taken up the offer for someone to ring me back. Once I did get a callback but so long after the event, that I had gone out. The second time I had no response. I am now trying again. I have been waiting in a queue for an hour and twenty minutes. I have even emailed one of the managers and have had no response. I am shocked by the inadequacy of the help centre and will cancel tomorrow unless I get a straightforward answer - or indeed any answer - to a simple question.
  • Awful customer service (office based in Brighton). No response from ringing customer service until phone actually cuts out because it's been going so long. No ring back as promised by automated system. No live chat on their website despite voicemail offering this. No response to emails. Dual fuel switch has gone badly - they've only switched the electricity not the gas, despite an automated 'thanks for joining' letter confirming both.
    One can get through to their sales department in a heartbeat (based in Swansea) but other than selling deals they cannot (and will not) help. It's easy to see where this company is putting their investment.
    I feel totally misled by MSF's Energy Club comparisons which still has TOTO listed as a company with excellent feedback - having now read this thread I can see there have been serious problems going back at least 6 months. Brilliant, thanks for the switching tip Martin... not!
  • Hi, do you have the customer number. I can't get through and the ring back service is rubbish. Thanks.
  • Customer service is rubbish. I have sent emails without reply. Been on the phone forever. The ring back service is useless. I went on to the website to put both gas and electric reading in but can only put electric in. British Gas is still waiting for them to send them meter reading I have gave them ( by email ). But to top it all off I rang tonight and selected the new customer option. Would you believe it. i got straight through.

STAY WELL AWAY.STAY WELL AWAY.STAY WELL AWAY.STAY WELL AWAY.STAY WELL AWAY.STAY WELL AWAY.STAY WELL AWAY.
  • I changed to Toto 5 September and despite numerous emails (not one single reply) and numerous phone calls and requests for call backs I have not been able to enter into any dialogue either written or verbal. It appears the only efficient area of there operation is transferring funds from my bank to theres. I feel the level of customer satisfaction on your MSE energy club for toto needs to be reviewed as I see other customers are experiencing similar problems.
    I have changed energy supplier using your site for several years and have always been highly satisfied bot not on this Occasion .My advice is steer clear of Toto Energy
  • PaulJM
    PaulJM Posts: 546 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I literally can't get through to ask them any questions!

Their phone rings out for over ten minutes (I gave up) nothing from my email in 3 days, FB messenger told me they were growing very quickly and had "challenges)" (so pause a minute and catch up, instead of continuing to grow beyond your means)

A very frustrating experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport