Poundland Bargain Thread -

Comments

• RockGypsy
    RockGypsy Posts: 575
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The closed down Woolies in our town has just opened as Poundland on Thurs:j,can`t wait to go,will be checking this thread in detail now.:D
    :A :shocked::shocked: :A
  • RockGypsy wrote: »
    The closed down Woolies in our town has just opened as Poundland on Thurs:j,can`t wait to go,will be checking this thread in detail now.:D

Here is a list of new Poundland store openings:

http://www.poundland.co.uk/corporate-information/new-store-openings/

Example:

Poundland Inverurie Opening

We have a brand new store opening in Station Square, Inverurie on Thursday 6th May. To celebrate there will be a family fun day on Saturday 8th May. Make sure you come and join in!
    • DJ there from 9am until 3pm
    • Come and have your picture taken and get a signed autograph with Coronation Street star Andy Whyment (Kirk Sutherland) who will be at the store from 10am until 1pm.
    • Andy to give away £1 Poundland vouchers to lucky customers
    • £100 of Poundland vouchers to be won in checkout challenge from 9.30am. You have to be at the till for the chance to win!
    Poundland
    Unit 3
    Station Square
    Inverurie
    Aberdeenshire
    AB51 4UZ

Hope this list is of use to someone.
    Invented tradition: Couponology

Fancy title: Couponologist

Motto: Because I have conviction doesn't mean I'm a convict :D.
  • ausmummy
    ausmummy Posts: 657 Forumite
    10 jelly moulds - I've seen these for a while and just realised that they are great for sand pits as sand toys always seem more pricey. You get 2 of 5 designs. Comes in a net back in the kitchen section.

Also I was annoyed about the cans of energy drink. They've changed it from 4 for £1 to just 3 for £1.
  • duloch
    duloch Posts: 396 Forumite
    ausmummy wrote: »
    10 jelly moulds - I've seen these for a while and just realised that they are great for sand pits as sand toys always seem more pricey. You get 2 of 5 designs. Comes in a net back in the kitchen section.

Also I was annoyed about the cans of energy drink. They've changed it from 4 for £1 to just 3 for £1.

Someone posted a while back saying that they have reduced the 4 items down to 3 for £1 which is slightly annoying! Today I bought a leather case for my IPOD nano however this case seems to be a bit tight for the 5th generation IPOD dont mind as much though as its only £1 will prob just charity shop it now as I ripped up the empty box before I tried it on.
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    foster grant sunglasses, supposed RRP £19.99 according to the attched label..
    I had a similar tag for Foster Grant sunglasses it said RRP £19.99 MATALAN price £13.99, so some of them must be old Matalan stock.
    Booo!!!
  • lawrenson
    lawrenson Posts: 223
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi,

our Poundland moved.

Its former shop has just opened up as a 99p store!

Cheers,
    Karen
  • sumoqueen
    sumoqueen Posts: 1,533
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You can still get 4 items for a £1 in my local, it did go to 3 then back up to 4! Maybe because 99p shop is round the corner and they have 4 for 99p!
    No buying toiletries challenge - possibly for most of 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015!
    £1 in sealed pot for each UU (2011 135/500:D) 2012 have UU 130/400 (never realised I had a mini chemist under my bed!!!) :rotfl:2013 UU 156/350. 2014 UU 197/250 2015 UU 16/100

Nursing is a work of heart by angels in comfortable shoes!!! :)
  • Mk14:37
    Mk14:37 Posts: 624
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Excuse my newbie naivety, but is there an inverse to this thread - i.e. Poundland Rip Offs? I searched but didn't find one - I'd like to share my bad experience of Signalex Headphones from the poundland.
  • markchap
    markchap Posts: 91 Forumite
    My local store (Romford) had a load of these in

Challenge Racing Wheel for ps2, (not sure if it will work on anything else?)
    http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-range/a-z/thrustmaster-challenge-racing-wheel/

They also had some sniper rifles for the ps2.
  • Okeydokey_3
    Okeydokey_3 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Mk14:37 wrote: »
    Excuse my newbie naivety, but is there an inverse to this thread - i.e. Poundland Rip Offs? I searched but didn't find one - I'd like to share my bad experience of Signalex Headphones from the poundland.

It would be really useful to share that kind of information. I bought some awful headphones and a remote control there. They went into the bin immediately. Definitely not moneysaving! :(
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback