The Trials & Tribulations of Trying to Conceive when its just not happening (12m+)

Comments

• shrimpy_80
    shrimpy_80 Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    Hope your ankle goes down soon FP and you aren't in too much pain x

I tried a mug cake once (was showing off to DH when he said he fancied cake one evening - "oooh look at me, I can make a cake in five minutes!" type of thing) but it tasted a bit weird and he wasn't impressed! Might have to try again to nail it! Will definitely be giving the lemon one a go, thanks Pickle!

Fairy Dust, thank you for the info on your appt, sorry didn't get chance to post yesterday. The appt went well in the sense that I feel things are really moving along. I had an MRI in Jan and colposcopy in Aug so they didn't do a scan/exam - made a lovely change for me to leave a hospital with my dignity intact! DH has to go for another more detailed sperm analysis next week then we go back to discuss the results of that which will determine where we go next. If they are borderline then I will have what he called an internal Xray (I'm sure some ladies on here have had this by another name which is escaping me, he said it would be quite uncomfortable?) and try me on some medication, if they are poor then we will go straight to IVF. All seems very scary and real ATM but at least we are moving forward.

Sorry for the long post and sorry if I've missed anyone, usually post on my phone so a bit fiddly. We're off to Wales for a couple of days today so will see you all when I get back, take care ladies xx
    Barclaycard [STRIKE]£7,296.35[/STRIKE] £6134.99 - MBNA [STRIKE]£4,182.88[/STRIKE] £3267.08 - O/draft [STRIKE]£569.31[/STRIKE] £413.59 - Capital One [STRIKE]£1477.55[/STRIKE] £1451.44
    Total debt [STRIKE]£12048.54[/STRIKE] £11267.10 6% paid
  • That song is going to be in my head ALL DAY! Its great!
  • Good afternoon all.
    I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Trying to keep on top of things here but my lap top is slowly dying and I'm struggling to keep up with the thread.
    Frozen, I hope you're soon on the mend. It sounds painful.
    Live'n'learn, exciting times for you. I don't know much about IVF but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    TamVilla, I will have to give that recipe a go. Including the chocolate chips, of course!
    I stupidly went for a long (well the furthest I've been in many years) bike ride the other day and now I'm rather sore 'down below'. I say stupidly because I forgot I would need to DTD the last few days. That will teach me. I'm just hoping the pain is worth it.
    I know I've missed a lot of people, so hugs to anyone who needs one and I'm keeping everything crossed for anyone waiting to test.
    Love to all. X
  • codemonkey
    codemonkey Posts: 6,534 Forumite
    shrimpy_80 wrote: »
    Hope your ankle goes down soon FP and you aren't in too much pain x

I tried a mug cake once (was showing off to DH when he said he fancied cake one evening - "oooh look at me, I can make a cake in five minutes!" type of thing) but it tasted a bit weird and he wasn't impressed! Might have to try again to nail it! Will definitely be giving the lemon one a go, thanks Pickle!

Fairy Dust, thank you for the info on your appt, sorry didn't get chance to post yesterday. The appt went well in the sense that I feel things are really moving along. I had an MRI in Jan and colposcopy in Aug so they didn't do a scan/exam - made a lovely change for me to leave a hospital with my dignity intact! DH has to go for another more detailed sperm analysis next week then we go back to discuss the results of that which will determine where we go next. If they are borderline then I will have what he called an internal Xray (I'm sure some ladies on here have had this by another name which is escaping me, he said it would be quite uncomfortable?) and try me on some medication, if they are poor then we will go straight to IVF. All seems very scary and real ATM but at least we are moving forward.

Sorry for the long post and sorry if I've missed anyone, usually post on my phone so a bit fiddly. We're off to Wales for a couple of days today so will see you all when I get back, take care ladies xx

By internal Xray did he mean a transvaginal scan or an HSG? The transvaginal scan is where they have a look at your ovaries and uterus by sticking a lubed probe up your hoohaa. The HSG is a procedure where they insert a thin tube into your cervix and insert some dye then do some xrays to check if the dye makes it all the way through your tubes. This one is quite uncomfortable when the tube goes in - it feels like a bad period cramp but it's only for a few seconds. Take some painkillers beforehand, and take your own sanitary pad to avoid the hospital mesh paper pants/ nappy sized towel horror.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
  • Hi girlies.

Hugs frozen- hope you're not in too much pain and hope you don't have to wait too long for your op.

Code- thanks for the song- I'm sure a few of us will be singing it for a while (and everytime we see a pregnant lady!!)

Hugs for those who need one.

Well oh went to the GP today and now has his forms for blood tests and a SA. The GP thought that the SA would be at least an 8 week wait- I'm hoping its less than that, but we won't know until the department is open on Monday!! Have most of your ohs had to wait that long for their SA tests? And how long did it take for the results? (I know different parts of the country will vary but its good to have a rough idea).
  • Just had to say I love the term 'hoohaa' code! X
  • Thanks girlies xxx They managed to do the op this morning and I've spent most of the day sleeping and reading :) it's not too painful but I think that's mostly due to the cocktail of drugs I'm on! :)
    I really don't think 2014 has been our year, what with f in law's ruptered oesophagus in January then 2 failed ivf's, this mess of a fractured ankle and the cancelled fet -I hope 2015 is much much better (for us and all you lovely ladies on here) xxx
  • Glad you have had your op Frozen. Glad it's not too painful, enjoy all your happy drugs (best bit of most ops, lol).

Really hope 2015 gets better for us all too. AF turned up today so I'm in a proper sulky mood. Think part of me was convinced that my l&d / hysto would fix everything and I would be magically pregnant on the first month. Really should have known better after all the years of trying!
  • Morning ladies (and gents, hi Live!)
    Just got back from a week in the sun, so just catching up with the thread
    ptp so sorry to hear your news, big hugs to you, sorry they're a little late.
    frozen hope the ankle behaves itself and you get discharged soon, keeping fingers crossed that this is the end of the run of !!!!py stuff you mentioned.
    live good luck with the et, don't really know much about IVF but keeping my fingers crossed for you and your wife.
    Afm just plodding on waiting for our appt on Wednesday, can't decide if I'm worried or not, it's not going to help matters getting stressed but I don't like being 'ill'. Luckily I have a really close friend who has been thru hell to have her beautiful baby who I can talk to, and obviously you lovely ladies, cos dr google scares me!
    Hugs to anyone I've missed, time for another cuppa and more washing, love the post holiday blues!!
  • We went to the Hospital this morning and were told that 2 of the embryos were very good with one of them being one of the best he had seen (great news now our hopes up though)

So with one of them being so good only one was put in as he felt two would mean two babies.

Pregnancy test 2 weeks from today.

L
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport