Asda Complaint

Comments

• I have been having some problems with Asda and just to prove what a bunch of uncooperative sc*mbags they are I have included my correspondence with them to date:
    1st complaint sent 30-sep-08 @aprox 16.00

Dear Asda.
    I would like to make a formal complaint about my recent order, order no: *******, customer number: *******
    My complaint is this, my order arrived today and there were quite a lot of items missing and short expiry dates, the items missing are:

885974 Tomato puree

544336 herbs...

533120 chicken (all 3 missing)

1057572 mince (both missing)

511179 burgers (all 4 missing)

793579 sausages

2312486 peas

Items not available but advertised on web site:

1847766 Sweetcorn x2

1712542 Black Shoe polish

1712542 Malt loafs x2

Items with a short shelf life:

1949573 Peppers, 1 pack expire today 30-Sep, the other pack tomorrow 01-Oct

871289 rolls, both packs expire 02-Oct

152400 mushrooms, all 4 packs expire tomorrow 01-Oct.

Let me explain again! why this standard of delivery is causing me massive problems.
    I am currently very unwell, I am unable to work (so money is short) and it is near imposable for me to get to the shops. As a result I am dependent on home deliverers, if items are missing/short dates, I have to go through this rigmarole to tell you, then wait 7-10 days for my refund, as money is short I don't have spare cash to replace the items so for that 7-10 days I have to go without.
    When I do get the refund I have to arrange transport (usually a taxi which cost more money I don't have) and someone to come with me.
    I am sure you can imagine this scenario is less than ideal for me, and when you consider this is what happens every time I make an order, I am sure you can understand when I say I am totally brased off with Asda home delivery.
    As I mentioned earlier I have explained all this before in a complaint but if I remember correctly, I received a refund but no one
    bothered to reply to the complaint, which I thought was just rude!
    As a result I think Asda should take responsibility for problems that have been created by the order and send the rest of my shopping out to me in one of your vans.
    Due to the way complaints have been handled in the past I have made this a formal complaint and I DO expect someone to reply.
    As a side note I have been shopping with Asda for getting on for 20 years (but only using the home delivery service for about 8 months)
    and I feel to have these problems every time I give you my custom, is rubbish.
    I have used Tesco home delivery a couple of times (due to the issues with Asda) and I have not had any problems so unless the service improves I will be giving all my custom to Tesco as for me it is worth paying the extra money to know it is going to be right 1st time.

Yours sincerely

Mr Neil ****

1st reply from asda

From: [EMAIL="response&#64;asdacustomerservices.co.uk"]response@asdacustomerservices.co.uk[/EMAIL] <ASDACR@za.didata.com>
    Subject: Response from ASDA (Ref #000000020996098)
    To: *******@******
    Date:
    Wednesday, 1 October, 2008, 5:04 PM
    Thank you for your message.

Dear Mr ****
    I am sorry that you have not received a satisfying service from us. I am sorry for the frustrations and inconvenience caused.

I can confirm that I have referred the matter to the store and spoke to Cath who is the Customer Services Manager and she has assured me that she will call you with regards to the experience.

I have refunded the cost of the items to the value of £20.70. This will show as a credit on your payment card within 7 - 10 working days.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Kind regards

Ursula Binang
    ASDA Home Shopping

ASDA Stores Ltd, Registered in England No. 464777. Registered Office: ASDA House, Southbank,
    Great Wilson Street, LeedsLS11 5AD.
    My reply sent 01-Oct-2008, 17:44:

Hi

I would like to now escalate my complaint, I did receive a call from "Cath" yesterday, she said someone would phone me back to arrange a second delivery but the phone call has not come, and can the person who responds to this actually read my complaint this time as I very clearly pointed out for a second time in writing, that giving a refund as appose to delivering what was ordered places me in a nightmare situation.
    Ursula Binang has clearly not bothered to read the complaint as the outcome is exactly what I asked not to happen.

Yours sincerly
    Mr N ****

This complaint was ignored so I sent another on the 04-Oct-2008 @ 15:09

Dear Asda
    It saddens me that I am yet again having to contact you again with regards to my complaint (your ref: 000000020996098).

As you are aware I sent this complaint on the 30th Sep 08: [please see 1st complaint]

I received a phone call from someone at the Eastlands store at 19.44 on the 30th Sep (which I believe was the site manager) and I explained the situation again, I was promised there would be a £10 off evoucher credited to my account and the order would be picked again and redelivered, I was also told I would receive a phone call back to arrange a time for the delivery.

Then on the 1st Oct at 17.04 I received the following reply to my complaint:

[see 1st Asda reply]

I was rather disappointed with this so I sent the following reply:

[please see my reply sent 01-Oct-2008, 17:44]

To date there has been no phone call from the store to arrange delivery nor has there been a delivery so I am now having now had to go without which I feel is unacceptable. There has not been a £10 evoucher credited to my account, this issue is somewhat academic (as I don’t think I can risk ordering a home delivery again due to the substandard deliveries, awful customer services/complaint handling and implications for me when you get it wrong) but I feel it should still be raised as an issue, as this is another example of Asda failing to do what was agreed, which I feel is unacceptable.

With regards to the formal complaint, the initial reply to my complaint ignored many of the issues I raised and the outcome was completely the opposite of what was requested. This leads me to think the complaint was either not read or Ursula Binang could not care less, which I feel is unacceptable.

There has been no acknowledgment or reply to the escalate complaint, which I feel is unacceptable especially when you consider part of the complaint was that Asda don’t reply to complaints.

As a result I am now escalating my complaint AGAIN and I do expect the complaint is read and properly replied to this time and the delivery is completed within 48 hours.

Yours sincerely

Mr N *****

P.S. This complaint has been sent via the online contact us page and via [EMAIL="response&#64;asdacustomerservices.co.uk"]response@asdacustomerservices.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    2nd reply from Asda:
    From: [EMAIL="response&#64;asdacustomerservices.co.uk"]response@asdacustomerservices.co.uk[/EMAIL] <ASDACR@za.didata.com>
    Subject: Response from ASDA (Ref #000000021045096)
    To: ******@******
    Date:
    Tuesday, 7 October, 2008, 12:23 PM

Dear Mr ********

I am sorry that your complaint has not been resolved. I understand that it must have been inconvenient.

I have spoken to Ian in the Home Shopping Department and on
    the 7th October 2008 and he informed me that Clare the Home Shopping Manager will investigate the matter and then call you.

I have attached a £10.00 evoucher discount onto your account on
    the 05th October 2008 which will be valid for the next 60 days after the process date. Please note that you will only be able to use the evoucher once.

If you need any further help you are welcome to call the Contact Centre on 0845 300 7771 and one of my colleagues will be happy to help you.

Thank you for your taking the time to inform me about the matter.

Kind regards

Mo Van Der Vent
    ASDA Home Shopping

ASDA Stores Ltd, Registered in England No. 464777. Registered Office: ASDA House, Southbank,
    My reply sent 08-Oct-2008, 17:39:

Dear Asda

As you are aware this is a formal written complaint that has been escalated twice so I don't thing a phone call is a suitable way to handle the complaint. So may I suggest that any reply is in writing. I also want to inform you that despite being promised the shopping would be redelivered, still to date Asda have failed to redeliver the shopping! this means I have had to go without for 8 days!
    Whilst Asda may think this and the awful complaints handling/customer services is acceptable, I assure you I do not.
    Again I expect a written reply to my complaint and the delivery of the outstanding shopping to be completed within 48 hours.

Yours sincerely

Mr N ****

P.S. This has been sent via the online contact us page and via [EMAIL="response&#64;asdacustomerservices.co.uk"]response@asdacustomerservices.co.uk[/EMAIL]

3rd reply from Asda (this is the best one):

Subject: Response from ASDA (Ref #000000021071353)
    To: *******l@*******
    Date:
    Thursday, 9 October, 2008, 11:53 AM

Dear Mr *****

I am sorry for the frustrations caused with the regards to the call that you have not received.

I can confirm that I have spoken to Claire who is the Home Shopping Manager and she has assured me that she will call you about this as she is gathering all the relevant information about this matter.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Kind regards

Ursula Binang
    ASDA Home Shopping

My reply 9th-Oct-2008 14:09:
    Dear Asda
    Another case of Ursula Binang failing to read an email and/or failing to respond in an appropriate way, I don’t understand how my written comments of “As you are aware this is a formal written complaint that has been escalated twice so I don't think a phone call is a suitable way to handle the complaint. So may I suggest that any reply is in writing.” and “I expect a written reply to my complaint” can possibly be misunderstood for I haven’t received a phone call (from Ursula email) “I am sorry for the frustrations caused with the regards to the call that you have not received.” Furthermore the reply of “I can confirm that I have spoken to Claire who is the Home Shopping Manager and she has assured me that she will call you about this” is totally inappropriate and I assure you I will not be entering into any phone calls with any member of Asda staff.
    As a result it is clear Asda are refusing to put anything in writing despite my written complaints and requests that the issues are addressed in writing, Instead Asda are clearly trying to force me into a verbal discussion/agreement about the complaint, despite part of the complaint being about a verbal discussion/agreement that Asda have failed to adhere to or even comment on in writing, which has caused me (a housebound unwell person) a huge amount of problems.
    I now totally give up on Asda, You can keep the food that I was promised would be delivered and I assure you Asda will never receive any further custom from myself, I am also explaining the issues to my friends and family and asking them to stop using Asda.
    Please delete my account and remove all my contact details from your databases as I don’t want to receive any spam or junk mail from yourselves and confirm IN WRITING when this is done.
    Shame on you Asda
    Mr N ****
    Sent via the online contact us page and via [EMAIL="response&#64;asdacustomerservices.co.uk"]response@asdacustomerservices.co.uk[/EMAIL]

4th reply from Asda, still refusing to do as requested:

Dear Mr *****
    I'm sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused as you had missing items in your order and it was not redelivered. I understand how frustrating this must be and I hope you can accept our apologies for letting you down.

I have checked and my colleague has spoken to Claire the Home Shopping Manager who said that she will contact you about this matter; however she is still investigating the matter.

I have checked and we have attached a £10.00 eVoucher and a free delivery eVoucher on your account, in the hope that you will use us again. I hope you will accept this on our behalf and I do hope that this incident will not deter you from shopping with us in the near future.

All the details of your complaint have been noted as it is important that we are made aware of any errors so they can ensure that it does not happen again

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If Claire has not contacted you, kindly contact us on 0845 300 7771 so that we may be able to take this further.

Kind regards

Ameen Jacobs
    Asda Home Shopping

My reply today 12-10-08
    Dear Asda.

Whilst Asda may hope that I will use the service again I assure you (as advised in my previous email) I will not be using Asda home delivery ever again furthermore I will not be using Asda as a walk in customer ever again. To be frank I would rather crawl for 20 miles over broken glass, naked, with an elephant sat on my back, whilst dragging my reproductive organs along the ground than give Asda my custom again. I would also add I have asked my friends and family to stop using Asda, which has met with universal agreement tho I will admit I don't think they are up for the glass, elephant and reproductive organs scenario.

In my last email I very clearly requested Asda delete my account and remove all my contact details from your databases "Please delete my account and remove all my contact details from your databases as I dont receive any spam or junk mail from yourselves and confirm IN WRITING when this is done".
    So I am sure you can imagine my surprise when I received Ameen Jacobs email in which he made no reference to deleting my account, and my further surprise when I logged on to Asda to find my account is still active. Incase your imagination is not that good I wasn’t suppressed at all.

I can confirm Clair did leave me a voicemail asking me to phone her, I declined to reply to the voicemail, in all fairness I did advise "I assure you I will not be entering into any phone calls with any member of Asda staff", which is why I also find Ameen Jacobs advice "If Claire has not contacted you, kindly contact us on 0845 300 7771"
    unacceptable as these are further examples of Asda "clearly trying to force me into a verbal discussion/agreement about the complaint".
    Am I surprised? In a word no.

I am now giving Asda 24 hours to delete the account, remove my details from all your databases andconfirm IN WRITING that has been done.

This is a disgrace and it would appear standard behavior from Asda

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=738407

you might notice the post by nnsa, yes that’s me, you probably don’t like me shaming Asda in this way but you know what, I don’t care, Asda clearly don’t care about their customers so I think it is only fair.

Yours sincerely

Mr N Richards

Sent via the online contact us page, [EMAIL="response&#64;asdacustomerservices.co.uk"]response@asdacustomerservices.co.uk[/EMAIL] and royal mail to
    Customer Services,
    ASDA House,
    Southbank,
    Great Wilson Street,
    Leeds,
    LS11 5AD

Sorry for the long post everyone but I hope you find it both informative and funny, I would have found it funny if it didn't cause me so many problems.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ..I always find short and to-the-point letters more effective.
  • uktim29
    uktim29 Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    hollydays wrote: »
    ..I always find short and to-the-point letters more effective.

And forum posts!
  • uktim29 wrote: »
    And forum posts!
    Ditto ....
  • Hi everyone

OK, this is probably a unique one.

I recently visited the doctor with a chest infection. The doctor said he would put me on a 5 day course of anti-biotics and gave me the prescription.

I went over to the pharmacy at Asda and got my prescription.
    When i got home i opened the bag and on the box of pills were instructions to take one three times daily.

After a couple of days of taking the tablets 3 times daily i realised that there was only 10 tablets in the box initially, which obviously doesn't add up to a five day course taken 3 times daily.

I visited the doctors and was told that i was only supposed to be taking the tablets twice daily and that Asda have put incorrect instructions on the box and have effectively caused me to overdose for the last two days.

Of course i will be complaining about this, i was just looking for some advice as whether to just complain instore or write to head office or whatever.

What would others do in my shoes?

The doctor prescribed me more anti-biotics which i will be going to Asda tomorrow to get, along with the box from my previous prescription, and letting them know about it.

Thanks for any advice.
  • d.edna
    d.edna Posts: 701 Forumite
    ianac1 wrote: »
    I went over to the pharmacy at Asda and got my prescription.
    When i got home i opened the bag and on the box of pills were instructions to take one three times daily.
    Didn't the doctor tell you how many to take and when to?
    The doctor prescribed me more anti-biotics which i will be going to Asda tomorrow to get, along with the box from my previous prescription, and letting them know about it.

Thanks for any advice.
    They made a mistake and your going back for round two? How did you know the doctor didnt put that on the script? I would go elsewhere for medicine.
  • d.edna wrote: »
    Didn't the doctor tell you how many to take and when to?

No, all he said was i'll give you another five day course.
    They made a mistake and your going back for round two? How did you know the doctor didnt put that on the script? I would go elsewhere for medicine.

I'll obviously double check quantity and instruction label this time. I'll only be going there for the medication since it's a pharmacy and it'll be convenient to get my medication while i'm there pointing out their mistake to them.

As for the doctor, i don't know that he didn't put that on the prescription, but as when i saw the receptionist she phoned through to the doctor he may well have checked what he had put on it to make sure it wasn't his mistake, save himself embarrasment and just rectify the problem on the spot by saying take 3 a day.

Just to add, i was also picking up another medication at the time, which is 3 a day.
    I don't know if this maybe confused the pharmacist but really it's not hard, is it?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Regarding nnsa's post she mentions items werent delivered but were on the site, they could have sold out of the items
  • d.edna
    d.edna Posts: 701 Forumite
    ianac1 wrote: »
    I'll obviously double check quantity and instruction label this time. I'll only be going there for the medication since it's a pharmacy and it'll be convenient to get my medication while i'm there pointing out their mistake to them.
    So you didn't listen to the doctor, I always go off what the doctor says
    As for the doctor, i don't know that he didn't put that on the prescription, but as when i saw the receptionist she phoned through to the doctor he may well have checked what he had put on it to make sure it wasn't his mistake, save himself embarrasment and just rectify the problem on the spot by saying take 3 a day.
    How would the doctor knows your going to the pharmacist? or when your going there? this is unlikely
    Just to add, i was also picking up another medication at the time, which is 3 a day.
    I don't know if this maybe confused the pharmacist but really it's not hard, is it?
    or the doctor put the wrong instruction on the script (Which is most likely)
  • 98jdougl
    98jdougl Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    d.edna wrote: »
    So you didn't listen to the doctor, I always go off what the doctor says

How would the doctor knows your going to the pharmacist? or when your going there? this is unlikely

or the doctor put the wrong instruction on the script (Which is most likely)

re 1) My doctors have never told me what the course is other than i'm going to write you out a prescription for xyz- not how many i should be on a day

2) I dont understand this reply for the quote it was used for- can you explain it more for a slow little me lol.

3) agree with you that the doc could've gotten this wrong, but if he had then surely they would have put in enough tablets for his error (ie 3 times a day for 5 days, the pharmacy (my god took me 3 times to spell that right- bedtime me thinks) would have put 15 tablets in?? or have i got that wrong?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure