What is your prediction for the Xmas FTSE 100?

Options

Comments

• kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 12 December 2014 at 1:50PM
    Options
    6,400 to 6, 549
    Some predictions looking a bit optimistic at the moment :D. Can't actually remember what I voted but pretty sure it was one of the lower ends of the scale (not the bottom one) - pure guess though :)

Still time until Xmas however..........
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Below 6,250
    kangoora wrote: »
    Some predictions looking a bit optimistic at the moment :D. Can't actually remember what I voted but pretty sure it was one of the lower ends of the scale (not the bottom one) - pure guess though :)

Still time until Xmas however..........

Appears to be huge uncertainty in the markets. Low oil price is having all sorts of repercussions. With USA self sufficient in oil. OPEC no longer carries the same level of influence.
  • gadgetmind
    gadgetmind Posts: 11,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    6,250 to 6,399
    Blimey, I can remember when it was *high* oil prices causing serious repercussions.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • A_Flock_Of_Sheep
    Options
    The only certainty is uncertainty. But in another thread about two months ago I was slated for predicting significant falls. But here's just a few more tumbles for you folks to enjoy.

With Love From

A Flock Of Sheep xx
  • gadgetmind
    Options
    6,250 to 6,399
    Of course, you wonder what all of those who were saying that markets were too high are doing now. They were waiting for a dip, and something tells me they'll keep on waiting for a bigger one and put any rise down to a short-term bounce.
    I am not a financial adviser and neither do I play one on television. I might occasionally give bad advice but at least it's free.

Like all religions, the Faith of the Invisible Pink Unicorns is based upon both logic and faith. We have faith that they are pink; we logically know that they are invisible because we can't see them.
  • kangoora
    kangoora Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    6,400 to 6, 549
    Ack, people are cheating by voting now with 2 weeks to go :)
  • A_Flock_Of_Sheep
    Options
    gadgetmind wrote: »
    Of course, you wonder what all of those who were saying that markets were too high are doing now. They were waiting for a dip, and something tells me they'll keep on waiting for a bigger one and put any rise down to a short-term bounce.

I'm sat on a pile of cash spread about in high interest current accounts. Just been awarded a windfall from TUI travel for a flight delay claim so have that to invest/save/spend
  • A_Flock_Of_Sheep
    A_Flock_Of_Sheep Posts: 5,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    edited 12 December 2014 at 4:52PM
    Options
    The forthcoming headwinds will display the real risk profiles of those who say on here "I am risk averse" as we see an influx of:

"Uh! What's going on?" threads as it all heads South for the winter chaps.

I await my next slagging :)

Toodle Pip x
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    6,250 to 6,399
    sorry, can I retract my vote?

Didn't look at the date, and missed it first time as I was off to the USA for my annual voting jaunt lol. I voted before I read it as I didn't want to be persuaded by the opinions of others lol
  • gadgetmind
    Options
    6,250 to 6,399
    Just been awarded a windfall from TUI travel

You swine, my wife holds TUI shares! :eek:

Still, she's done very well from them to date. :D

And our NRKP just came good, which has had me in a good mood for a couple of weeks. Wish I'd been able to buy more.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure