Delivery rights: Argos

Comments

• Hi,

Im having the exact same issue with 2 leather sofa's we ordered.

We have had 1 large sofa delivered but still awaiting the other.

Have had 3 different delivery dates which have all been pushed back due to system errors but after kicking up a fuss is appears they have never even had the stock in. Happy to take my money though! Considering taking to the Ombudsman and seeing what our rights are here.

We have had 1 large sofa delivered but still awaiting the other.

Nightmare! Myself and my partner have taken time off to be able to have these delivered only for the date to get pushed back and we had to call them to find it out!
  • I ordered one table top freezer and a shoes rack, and arranged to have them delivered on Saturday 18th August.

I had waited since 8am in the morning, and started doubting if it would really come.
    Round 5:30pm on the same day I called up Argos, and the operator (called Dani) told me there was no access to my flat and they could not deliver them.
    After wasting nearly 10 hours, I did not want to waste no more time, so I called again and the same operator picked up the phone, and I re-arranged to have them delivered at 9am on Monday 20th.
    The operator told me he would pass the message, but could not guarantee the time but it should arrive by midday.

On Monday 20th I waited till 1pm. The delivery did not happen again.

On Tuesday 21st 8am, I called up Argos, and asked what had been going on, the operator (called Duncan) told me that my items had been at depot at this time.
    I told all the story and he told me that he could arrange for it for the same day. I told him I did not want to end up waiting till 8pm without any result. Then, he told me he would contact with depot and would have my items delivered as soon as possible. He took my phone number, just in case if some problem occurs, he could inform me.

On the same day at 3pm I called them up again, to make sure if my items were on their way. The lady told me that the van is out with my items so it would not be a problem at all.

On the same day 6:45pm, it was getting closer to 8pm and I got worried, so I called up again, and the operator told me I would be definitely receiving my items by 8pm.

On the same day 19:50pm I called up again, because it was almost 8pm. The operator told me the van would not be able to make 8pm, but I would be definitely receiving my items on the same day. I had waited till 11:30pm.

I have not received the item yet.

When I talked to the operator on Saturday 18th, he told me that the delivery fee would be refunded. And which has been done. That is fine.

So far, I had wasted 30 hours.
    I work as a full time gallery attendant. And my wife is a ceramic artist. Since we
    have 2 years old son, it is quite difficult for my wife to spare enough time to do her business, therefore I help her making mould before going to work, after work, and when I have my day off. She is expecting three exhibitions in September and October, and we have been seriously working on towards the deadline.

This 30 hours of loss is absolutely deadly and now that I probably need to cut my sleeping hours from 5 hours a day to 3 hours a day to make it before deadline.

And I do not see the point why Argos is doing this for customers. The company should tell customer as soon as they find out that it is not possible to deliver items so that the customers do not lose whole day. Besides, as for the Tuesday 21st, operators lied up to the last moment. Again, I do not see the point of doing this to the customer. My shoulder has become absolutely stiff with the anger and distress. :mad: :(
  • malchish
    malchish Posts: 341 Forumite
    Can you consider cancelling with argos and ordering with John Lewis instead? You do not need any grey hair!
    With self-employment, it will be nearly impossible to prove financial loss because of loss of time. You will have to prove that you or your wife actually lost a customer (which is impossible, you do not want to involve any customers into this mess).
    Agros delivery service is designed for people who get money for sitting at home doing nothing... I spy with my little eye something beginning with C...
    Do not stress over this, you would be screwed in much more serious way by an estate agent or a mortgage adviser, for far more serious sums of money. Keep your potentially grey hair for those instances! I am not trying to argue with you, but simply to gently cheer you up. It is Argos ! arrrrrh...
  • transient
    transient Posts: 528 Forumite
    malchish wrote: »
    Can you consider cancelling with argos and ordering with John Lewis instead? You do not need any grey hair!
    With self-employment, it will be nearly impossible to prove financial loss because of loss of time. You will have to prove that you or your wife actually lost a customer (which is impossible, you do not want to involve any customers into this mess).
    Agros delivery service is designed for people who get money for sitting at home doing nothing... I spy with my little eye something beginning with C...
    Do not stress over this, you would be screwed in much more serious way by an estate agent or a mortgage adviser, for far more serious sums of money. Keep your potentially grey hair for those instances! I am not trying to argue with you, but simply to gently cheer you up. It is Argos ! arrrrrh...
    :idea: .
  • ruthsaver
    ruthsaver Posts: 215 Forumite
    I've had a complete no-show, the next delivery cancelled the day before and finally, 3 month after ordering I got the items.
    I've called to complain and got £30 refunded plus the delivery charge refunded. Am a bit disappointed by this but they said it was the most they would refund.
  • Snoopyuk wrote: »
    Yes that is correct the responsibility does lay with Argos. To be honest I have found phoning their Customer Services a waste of time if you still don't have any joy getting a refund I can recommend the following (up-to-date) email address to use - my email was responded to the next day and a resolution has now been put in place: Order.Enquiries@argos.co.uk - make sure you include your order number.

Hi dear, just yesterday I used this email. 24 hours gone and no reply! Called on this expensive phone number and it did not changed anything. Now writing the complaint letter.:T
  • Long story (very) short: we ordered 2x beds with storage plus mattresses from Argos on 1st July (which included a 15% discount in their sale). After a lot of supposed stock issues, emails and complaining, they were finally delivered on 3rd October :eek:

And we were refunded 50% of the original cost of our order.
    So in theory, the beds and mattresses were BOGOF!!! ;)

You can read the full thread here.
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • Ordered a mattress for home delivery and surprise, surprise it came on the correct day at the correct time. Only trouble is it was the wrong mattress and about £135 cheaper than the one we ordered !!!! (and not suitable for our base). emailed, very sorry etc, ring the 0845 number, they help. Did they hell. Most obstructive and useless. Two more emails totally ignored.
  • I'm also regretting ever going near Argos.

Unfortunately I made the mistake of ordering bedroom furniture from Argos and paid for Saturday delivery.

I waited in all day until at 6.15pm with no sign of delivery I telephoned customer services who brazenly told me that the delivery was not taking place and that I could have the delivery on Monday! I requested to speak to a supervisor to be told that no-one was available and they could phone me tomorrow. Phoned back and got another agent who transferred me to their supervisor.

Explained situation and was advised that it may possibly still be delivered tonight, call me cynical but thought the request to call back customer services , if not delivered by 8.00pm, somewhat laughable as customer services closes ............you guessed 8.00pm!
  • I've just had a bad experience with Argos, well several!
    First, I reserved some items on line (all in stock), got the store and one of the items was out of stock for a week, even though they were going to hold them in the store for me for another three days!

Secondly, ordered the same items on line, they never turned up. Argos told me there was a problem with the delivery and someone would call me, no one ever did. I called them the next day only to be told that the order had been delivered.
    They then got me to call Yodel (as they wouldn't) to find out what was going on (and they were surprising quite helpful and did call me back with the same answer). So i gave up and cancelled the order.

Thirdly (and rather stupidly) we reserved the items at another store as they were the only place we could find them, only to find when we opened them at one it wasn't working.

I did complain (a three page letter I'm very proud off) and I've been offered a £10 voucher as a gesture of good will. I'm assuming that this is the standard letter they send to everyone who complaints to try and fobbed them off.

Is there any point in taking this further, or am I wasting my time?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure