los pandos vineyard

Comments

• Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    CannySaver wrote: »
    1. "Returns fixed at 30 - 39%" that's not quite in the "too good to be true category"
    No? I would have thought it was, even though they seem shy of saying whether it's over the three-year period or per annum.

I just think it a little odd that the site is completely aimed at British investors; that they say the rate of return is 'fixed' but can't say at what level; and the fact that they don't say how your money would be used, why they need the investment or how it generates a return.

Bargepole job, I reckon, like most 'wine investments'.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    i agree, Biggles.

i hope it works out for you, Murrpet, but i think your concerns are justified.
  • Hi I invested part of my SIPP in Los Pandos through Stadia Trustees. Two of their people have visited and found that things have not gone so well out there. Staidia have confirmed that the land exists and Martin and Clews exist. At this moment in time that is all they will confirm. I may hear more by in the next week or so. At this moment in time my gut reaction is that I am going to loose a fair bit of my pension. From what I can gather there is a defunct vine yard and thats it. Martin and Clews appear to be in hiding and not answering my questions
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,129 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Hi I invested part of my SIPP in Los Pandos through Stadia Trustees. Two of their people have visited and found that things have not gone so well out there. Staidia have confirmed that the land exists and Martin and Clews exist. At this moment in time that is all they will confirm. I may hear more by in the next week or so. At this moment in time my gut reaction is that I am going to loose a fair bit of my pension. From what I can gather there is a defunct vine yard and thats it. Martin and Clews appear to be in hiding and not answering my questions

mmm Stadia Trustees seem to be having trouble with their guaranteed unregulated investments - see here. How did Stadia contact you or did you contact them?
  • Stadia Trustees contacted me through a company call Planning For Retirement, they have since disappeared totally with no trace. The los Pandos investment is due back at the end of March. After reading the link in your post it sounds like Stadia are in trouble as well. The more I delve in to this the more I think my money has gone for good> Not really sure what to do next. Thanks for the Stadia info
  • Martin & Clews have closed their offices in Marbella. My wife invested £25k in a SIPP for Los Pandos and it should mature in July 2014. We are not holding our breathe after the comments on here and the person who sold the SIPP to us has not communicated with us since we invested. It looks as though we have lost the money. It all sounded feasible to start with.
  • Anyone wishing to join a group issuing proceedings against M&C to protect their investment should contact Jaime Montoro at BSA lawinspain asap.

jaime@bsa-lawinspain.com

The more that join the class action, the less the share of fees for all.

kind regards

David
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    What makes people fall for this sort of thing time and time again, and with money they cant afford to lose?

No wonder their are fraudsters on every virtual street corner, there is so much low hanging big money fruit out there to cyber-pick!!
  • glamdring
    glamdring Posts: 50 Forumite
    I didnt realise that this site was for people just to make sarcastic comments...i think its important to remember that whilst everybody is not an experienced investor normal members of public expect just an element of trust from certain sectors...in this instance the 'trustees' has a large part to play in it...ironic isnt it
  • jimalton
    jimalton Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My investment of £30,000 matures on 11th March 2014, and I became worried when the phone number I'd previously used to contact M&C was no longer in service when I tried calling today. I've sent an email to Wendy Baggs, and hope she will respond.
    Before I made the investment 3 years ago I was invited to the los pandas site and visited it over a weekend, paying only my travelling costs. Everything seemed on the up and up, and it all looked genuine, especially with the world renowned partners they had. Also on the same trip was a couple who had invested previously and had got their money returned, and they were going to re-invest - hence it all looked quite good, and the annual return on investment of 12% (so 36% over 3 years) didn't seem too extraordinary, so I'm hoping that what I'm hearing and fearing will all be just a hiccup in the end.
    Regarding concerted action, I've done what a previous blogger has suggested and contacted jaime@bsa-lawinspain.com to see what he says.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure