Barclaycard ongoing emails sent to me

Options
So since I got my barclaycard earlier in the year (some may remember I applied just to see what I would be offered, but have since transferred a balance to it) They have been sending me lots of emails encouraging me to buy stuff on the card, unlike other providers.

However interestingly today I got an email offering me 2 years interest free transfer balance, as my original transfer window has expired (3 months after get card), I didnt contact them asking if they could give me a new offer, they just sent it, so it does seem barclaycard will also try to encourage further balance transfers as well.

This might be good news for those who are concerned that barclaycard has a 3 month cutoff point for free transfers.

The same email also has granted me 0% money transfers as well although that one is only for 6 months.

Comments

• glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I get at least one of them a month from Barclaycard, latest 1 year money transfer and 2 year balance transfer interest free
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think I might take up the offer as I am doing my sister a favour to clear one of her debts by shifting it to one of my cards, and I just applied for a credit limit increase (wont max it out but wanted to keep same unused limit), and surprisingly it was approved instantly. I am guessing the limit awarded is below the actual limit allowing for instant approvals for increases within the actual limit.
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    guys to confirm if I have 2 zero rate balance transfer offers, do payments go to the one that runs out first?
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Chrysalis wrote: »
    guys to confirm if I have 2 zero rate balance transfer offers, do payments go to the one that runs out first?

That's normally the case but you need to read your terms and conditions to be absolutely sure.
  • skyepark
    skyepark Posts: 419 Forumite
    Options
    i keep getting 6 month money transfer not worth it.
  • lhead123
    lhead123 Posts: 306 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Chrysalis wrote: »

My Barclaycard t&c's say that money you pay goes first to interest earning balances, then the balance of 0% deals in order of when they run out (soonest to run out paid first). So you're always paying money to the most appropriate place on the card.
    Debt FREE thanks to YNAB
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport