Fee free Balance Transfer

Options
ml262
ml262 Posts: 12 Forumite
Hi All,

I have recently used the MSE website to choose a credit card for a Balance Transfer. I used the soft search facility to see what I could be eligible for. In the end I went for a 0% deal for 22 months with no fee for the transfers. The problem is, I have been charged 2.5% fee. If I had known this I would have looked at a different offer with a low fee. Does anyone know how these should work, and the best place to contact?
Barclaycard CS advisor said it may be refunded if that was my offer, but it doesn't seem to say this in my paperwork? She couldnt give me any guarantees. I wondering if I have been had a little.

Thanks for any pointers
Regards
Martin

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You won't have been had a little, or even a lot.

Do you still have details of the offer you applied through? Was it definitely the right one?

If you're not sure, you need to contact Barclaycard again and get them to confirm what offer you came in on.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,050 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Some Barclaycard BT offers seem to entail a fee being charged initially and then refunded, see https://www.barclaycard.co.uk/personal/platinum-low-fee-balance-transfer for an example:
    A fee of 3.5% will be applied to your account at first, but you'll only pay 0% as we'll refund the difference
  • kovacsi76
    kovacsi76 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't find any BT Barclaycard with 22 months 0%. There's a 21 months with 0% fee (charges 2% on transfer, then refunds), or a 25 months with 2.5% fee. Did you get the latter by accident?
  • Melaniep101
    Melaniep101 Posts: 637 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I took this exact deal and they did initially charge me the transfer fee. It took about 4 days for the fee to be credited.

Hope that helps
  • ml262
    ml262 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

Thanks a lot for the replies, even though it's been a few days since I posted. I did make a few more enquiries and got a bit more information. Fee has now been credited, so I'm all happy. I was getting worried, just considering the possibility of having got a dud deal from MSE website. Thankfully not and should have known better! ��
    Regards
    Martin

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure