Natwest Technical Issues

Comments

• Finally mine is in.....
  • iv got 25 in my account now, i put a cheq in on Monday but i drew that out yesterday which left my bank balance as 00.00 whats going on?
  • mnm88
    mnm88 Posts: 4 Newbie
    lolavix wrote: »
    Can people honestly nt find enough money to survive a day? I always have £20 or so incase this happens.

I think the banks are in enough debt without having to pay out compensation.

The option is there to withdraw up to £300 in branch. I can't obviously comment on some branches thy have closed, and any branch that refuses needs to read he email they would have been sent this morning

Not all of us have that luxury! I'm sure your story will change if it ever happens to you! Doesn't matter how careful you are you can still come unstuck!
  • Im transferring it straight out to my Lloyd account before they take it back again..lol
  • My money has now appeared on the online balance - don't know if I can withdraw it or anything though
  • sharkeybabe
    sharkeybabe Posts: 480 Forumite
    I logged in about 5 mins ago and it showed a balance of £170 where it was previousley at 50p. I then logged out and back in again and now there is only £31.50 in it. I am very confused now but at least now I have some money to feed my baby tonight
    [/COLOR] Starting the new year in a good way cooking baby sharkeybabe no2:j:j
  • f1widow
    f1widow Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    My balance is correct and is now showing as available funds ..
    Now - me being me- is a little apprehensive to try and sort my food delivery as will it stay there or not ready for tomorrow?
    Debt Diary: Im not going to be an Ostrich anymore -LBM - 16/1/12 /
  • knewbold
    knewbold Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    if i wasnt angry before now I am Livid now!!!!

the 20 quid that went in has been taken out, but ive spent it!! on a online tranaction to top my bus card up, and now im overdrawn by a even bigger amount than what i spent!
    AND my account was in credit a hour ago, before they gave me the 20 quid!

- - its a utter joke
  • madgagoo wrote: »
    There is a contingency in place for people completing this week. I don't think I can give out the number as it is an internal one but if you speak to the mortgage advisor again they should be able to take the case on and get it sorted. This update has only come out in the last few minutes so they probably weren't aware of it last time you spoke to them.

You are correct that mortgage advisors have been asked to reschedule appointments up until next Wednesday, for new applications. The mortgage application system is not related to the main banking system though.

Just off the phone with the complaints team, I've been advised that all systems are interlinked be it a mortgage application or main banking. They simply cant access my mortgage details.

I'm not due to complete this week but I was due to exchange contracts and have the survey completed by Natwest. Obviously this will now not happen and I am having to negotiate an unlikely extension with the property developer.

Overall its been a complete nightmare, I expected hiccups on the way as a first time buyer but I thought of all the parties involved we could rely on our local branch and the bank. Both have let us down big time.

I'll be reporting this to the financial ombudsman.
  • Mine is showing as available balance. Just paid a bill and it went through okay. Lets hope nothing else happens.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure