Re: Unlocking mobiles (untested)

Comments

• uungy
    uungy Posts: 86 Forumite
    you can, but not with codes (only orange direct) butif you have the cable, you can do it with a small program easily
    :beer:HAPPY TO HELP :beer:
  • uungy
    uungy Posts: 86 Forumite
    rurn off your phone, put a sim-card into the phone (which is not accepted). It will say enter "special Code" somewhere
    :beer:HAPPY TO HELP :beer:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    THANKS, BUT WHERE DO U GET THESE CABLES FROM CAN U BUYTHEM IN SUCH AS THE LINK, OR CAR PHONE WAREHOUSE
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    What about a REALLY OLD alcatel? Can I unlock it?

Thanks

Caterina
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • If Nokia phones ask for 'security code' this is set as '12345' as default.

Don't get this confused with the unlock code !!

p.s, always a good idea to change the security code from it's default no.

Pak
  • Hi Lesley

The Nokia 3310 is simple to unlock BUT you do need the MBus\FBus Cable which you connect to a Com port on your PC and the software to unlock it.

Any of the sites listed in my earlier post will sell you the cable (usually around £8 to £10) and the software is on the downloads section of those sites. The Nokia 3310 is a DCT3  phone and the easiest program (with a cable) to use is Eeprom Tools : http://ucables.com/members/download/showdown.php3?ID=&ID=234

Simply attach the phone to the MBus cable and run EEprom Tools, Top Right on the Tools window is a list of Com Ports, when you have the correct port selected The  info windows will fill with your phones specifications, simply click the Padlock Icon Once, the phone will be unlocked and reset, that's it, you're done.

You WILL need to purchase a cable though, and ensure you get the correct cable for the Nokia 3310\3330 phone.

rebel
    if i had known then what i know now
  • Hi criple,

it sounds like you have selected Wordpad to open files of that type, if you have an Icon of Winzip on your desktop, drag and drop the file onto the icon, if it is an archive, winzip will open it, if it does not, try renaming the archive to *****.zip then try again (where ***** is the filename) if this does not work, please post the full filename on this board and I will do my best to resolve the problem with you.

rebel
  • System
    Community Admin
    ??? Please can anyone tell me if i can unlock my Nokia 3410?

Thanks
  • Hi livingdoll

Nokia 3410 is a DCT3 phone, yes you can unlock it with the eeprom Tools program (listed above) and the correct cable which you can buy at any of the websites listed in one of my previous posts.

Doing a search on Google.co.uk for 'nokia unlocking' will list you plenty of websites selling the equipment you need to unlock your phone. This is the same for any make of phone depending on the make and product.
  • System
    Community Admin
    Hi all, I've been trying this for a couple of days, on 2 spare phones I have. Both Nokia's. A 6210 and a 6150. With no joy.

Reading the thread above, do I need a "data cable" too, if so do I just ask for a "data cable" or is there something more specific I need to ask for?

Once I have it, then what do I do!?

Sorry if this is a daft question!

Thanks
    Mark
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business