Boots after-Christmas sales - 75% off now over?

skibster
skibster Posts: 3,808 Forumite
edited 2 February 2010 at 10:12AM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Update 02 Feb: Several people have reported the sale has ended in-store, too, as of Monday. This is quite unusual, as the sale normally ends when the stock is all gone. ;(

Update 21 Jan: Looks like the online portion of the sale is over due to "unprecedented demand." It's ongoing in stores. (Thanks to mmmkbb for pointing this out!) Some of the sale stock is still available online but it is now full price and will stay that way. Crazyposhgal called CS for details.

NEW update 19 Jan: MSE has gotten official word from Boots that the sale is tomorrow, 20th Jan! Let the bargains roll! :beer:

Update 19 Jan: Looks like we're still on course for the 75% off sale starting tomorrow in-store and online!

Update 12 Jan:
MSE has heard from Boots that the sale will NOT be the 13th after all. It will probably be Wednesday, 20th Jan., according to multiple reports from those who work at or have inquired at Boots.

Original post:

Boots reduces its Christmas stock to 50% off on Boxing Day in store. The sale typically goes live online Christmas Eve (actually, probably the wee hours on Christmas morning). The 75% off sale happen in store mid-January. Not sure when it goes to 90%.

Just as a guideline, last year I purchased:

-50% off items online on 31 December at 1:54 a.m. (apparently it did start Christmas Eve/Christmas morn, but I was jet lagged and didn't bother)
-75% off items online on 14 January at 3:10 a.m.

Anyone who knows when reductions might be this year, please share! I'm sure the site will crash again based on what happened with the Soap & Glory hatboxes, but you know we'll try anyway, lol!

Update 12 Jan: Ah, the twists of Boots sales. Now some say the sale has been delayed until NEXT Wednesday! Thanks to Kayteehee and others for the update. Really impossible to say when it will really be at this point, just be aware that the sale date isn't certain until you have 75% off goodies in your hot little hands!

Update 10 Jan: A fly in the ointment for plans to shop on the 13th! Some say it may be the 14th now. Thanks to Carebear8, who learned: "My Sister works at Boots and they have all been told the 75% sale starts on the 14th instore. I questioned her about this and she said its definately the 14th but maybe a small chance it could be the 13th. It's all quite hush hush apparently."

Update 03 Jan: Someone who is friend of a Boots employee (on HUKD) says that the 75% sale starts 13th Jan in-store (so probably online, too).

Edit: According to Edinburghgirl:
-the boots.com 50% off sale starts at noon on xmas eve.
-the 75% off sale starts on boots.com and instore on 13th jan

Edit: According to Floralaura, the 75% off sale starts online and in-store on 14 Jan. Boots can keep us guessing, so it's hard to say for certain until it happens. Keep those eyes peeled for deals!

Comments

• boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Online the 50% started on christmas eve, I placed an order in the afternoon (4.21pm, just checked my order history on boots.com) and IIRC the site went offline for a while then came back with the sale prices.
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
  • skibster
    Online the 50% started on christmas eve, I placed an order in the afternoon (4.21pm, just checked my order history on boots.com) and IIRC the site went offline for a while then came back with the sale prices.

Good to know, thanks!
  • Sorry to thread butt, does this sale include premium gifts i.e Elizabeth Arden etc?
  • skibster
    Sorry to thread butt, does this sale include premium gifts i.e Elizabeth Arden etc?

The main sale is the reduction of Boots "Christmas" items -- these are part of the current 3 for 2 promotion and have green tags on them. I don't think that includes any EA items. But Elizabeth Arden might reduce any special Christmas stock -- certainly worth a look!
  • EmH
    EmH Posts: 330
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Given how tight Mr B has been this year, I am expecting a 25% off sale instead of a 50% off, with only half the usual stock actually in the sale. And then a 30% off sale instead of a 75% off sale, and finally a 5 minute 50% off sale instead of the 90%. Throughout the sales assistants will be poorly advised, and will all say different things, and the web site will crash randomly and regularly whether anyone is using it or not.

May contain nuts
  • NIMI_2
    NIMI_2 Posts: 479 Forumite
    anyon eknow when the perfume gifsets will be reduced... is that with the 50% sale or earlier....thank you in advance ;)
    :T LLB HONS :T
    im well chuffed...........
  • Dinah93
    Dinah93 Posts: 11,463
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Bake Off Boss!
    Forumite
    I got a lot of presents for birthdays and this Christmas in last years sale, so will be dissapointed if its only 25% this year as that doesn't really make it such a good deal!
    Debt January 1st 2018 £96,999.81
    Debt September 20th 2022 £2991.68- 96.92% paid off
    Met NIM 23/06/2008
  • skibster
    Dinah93 wrote: »
    I got a lot of presents for birthdays and this Christmas in last years sale, so will be dissapointed if its only 25% this year as that doesn't really make it such a good deal!

I think she was just joking Boots is a bit crap at times; I think the sale will be 50% off. ;)
  • EmH
    EmH Posts: 330
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes, I was joking - based on how awful most of the "offer of the week"s have been this year, and how few really good points offers and deals there have been throughout the year.

Still, it's saved me a fortune in Boots because I've just not been enticed to buy stuff just because it's a "bargain". There's usually loads I want from the Christmas catalogue too, but this year I wanted very little. Either I am getting over my Boots addiction, or Boots are losing their touch.

May contain nuts
  • My order from the 50% off shows at 01:17am on the 25/12/08 and 14/01/2009 at 03:21 for the 75%. I was lucky to be able to order within hours of the reductions going live on both occasions.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure