Easy move fridge wheels/slider

I can't remember where I saw one. But I need to be able to move the fridge forward and back in a cupboard.

I've seen a device that has wheels that the fridge sits on

Does anyone know where I can find what I am looking for ?

Just found this on comet's website. Seems expensive.. anyone know of a cheaper one similar ?

APPLIANCE ROLLER
http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/49_180734.html

Comments

• Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    We got a pair of appliance rollers, you sit one on either side of fridge underneath. I think we got them from Kleenezee, for under a tenner. Maybe somebody else can confirm whether they are in a Kleenezee catalogue. They are quite sturdy, we moved a safe with them.
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    This old thread turned up in a google search I just did; thought it worth adding that I just found these 'Guider Rider appliance rollers' at Argos

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8411220/Trail/searchtext%3ERYDER.htm

£12.99 for a set of 2

:)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Slinky wrote: »
    We got a pair of appliance rollers, you sit one on either side of fridge underneath. I think we got them from Kleenezee, for under a tenner. Maybe somebody else can confirm whether they are in a Kleenezee catalogue. They are quite sturdy, we moved a safe with them.
    They are not in current Kleeneezee or Betterwear catalogues, just had these delivered. They are in the Argos online catalogue. Just what I need, recently put vinyl floor down in my kitchen and tore it the first time I tried to move both fridge and cooker which only have wheels at the back.
  • I just googled this thread too and it came top of the google search. Just what I'm looking for. Can anyone say if the argos ones are any good?
    Official DFW nerd no 551 - proud to be dealing with my debts
    Debts as of March 2014
    Nationwide - £5745, Overdraft - £350,
    Debts as of January 2015
    Nationwide - £4997, Overdraft - £0:j
  • david39
    david39 Posts: 1,968 Forumite
    If you are trying to move the fridge on a smooth, untextured surface (vinyl, polished wood or smooth tiles etc.) :

Take a piece of old carpet, cut it to the dimensions of the bottom of the fridge or (in my case) washing machine.

Put the carpet, pile-side down, onto the floor and manouevre the unit onto it so that all legs/wheels are on the carpet.

Adjust as far as possible so that the carpet is well concealed when viewed from the front.

The unit will then push easily in and out of a confined space.
  • I've got some of the stick on feet that are specifically designed for this on my fridge and my washine machine, they are on a laminate floor. You stick the feet onto the feet (or whatever passes as feet) of the appliance. Move them fairly often to clean the floor, no problems yet and been on there several years (think I might have to change them soon though, that will be fun!)
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • BriteSpark
    BriteSpark Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 24 December 2011 at 9:12PM
    I recently bought some MagiGliders online for the washing machine. They are small, flat discs which stick on to the four feet of appliances or furniture and can be used on carpet, vinyl or wood flooring. They recommend the 30mm size for washing machines and at first I was doubtful that they would be any good. However, I was surprised as the machine was much easier to pull out.

Unfortunately, we had to replace the machine and the gliders were knocked off, but we can't use them again as the adhesive tape has gone. Maybe strong glue would work, but as they are quite cheap, I'm going to replace them, and get a set for the fridge (40mm size). The washing machine engineer said they use them as well, which is good to know.

Sold by Amazon - “Magiglide” or from Style Direct Furniture.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure