The Giving Up/ Cutting Down alcohol support thread - number 13

Comments

• satchmo1
    satchmo1 Posts: 2,750 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    9/15 AFDs now, but as we're away this weekend there may not be any more until Monday.
    What would you get if all you got was what you were thankful for?
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,583 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    paulineb wrote: »
    10/15

Doing ok. If I have one, I'll want more, trying not to have that one. Was in the pub today with a pint of soda water and Ive had 250ml of a juice called beet-it. 90 per cent beetroot juice and 10 per cent apple. Not the finest drink Ive ever tasted, but its good for sports performance and with the triathlon looming I need all the help I can get.

Triathlon sounds like an excellent goal to keep the alcohol low Pauline. :Ton having soda water in the pub!
    Another for me tonight. Like satchmo, it may be the last one until after the Easter break.

8 AFDs please Shaggy.
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    8/25 for yesterday. I succumbed to sharing a bottle of wine tonight and am rather disappointed in my total now.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • BlueDaisy
    BlueDaisy Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    12/16 for me please :)

Stash Busting Challenge Made 16 / 50 (Get blimmin' organised!)
    MFiT - T3 #158 [STRIKE]£76920[/STRIKE] £66962 reduce to £57K by Dec 2015 - MFD Dec 2022
    Mar AFD 9/18
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all,

7/12 for me please shaggy.

If I don't manage to post over the holiday I hope everyone has a great Easter 45ytfgh.gif
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    13/20 AFDs tonight :)
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    8/18 please shaggy. 10 more to go :/

May is going to be a boozey month so I was hoping to have a good month in April!

Oh well :D
  • paulineb_2
    paulineb_2 Posts: 6,489 Forumite
    maman wrote: »
    Triathlon sounds like an excellent goal to keep the alcohol low Pauline. :Ton having soda water in the pub!
    Another for me tonight. Like satchmo, it may be the last one until after the Easter break.

8 AFDs please Shaggy.

Tonight Im not AF, am having a bottle of wine, a 187 ml glass but its alcohol reduced so wont have a lot of units. Ive also bought another two to take with me, am going to Blackpool for a couple of days and Im really going to try my best not to drink much more than those two small bottles of wine.

I had a few bottles of becks blue in the pub today. I actually think that with me its not always about the alcohol, its the habit too so if I do get into the routine of having wine a couple of nights a week it will just creep up so Im going to try and have those two wines when Im away, would think maybe about 1 unit or just over for the wee bottle and then just get straight back to being AF when Im back.

Im doing my gym level 2 starting next week so 2 weekends are taken up with that, then two weeks off and my assessment and the tri is in the middle of all of that, so even if I wanted to get drunk, really not a good idea whatsoever.

Ive also distanced myself from a few friends who werent that good to me anyway and who always got hammered on nights out, its been much much easier just being out and about with my mum and even though shes not a big drinker herself, shes cutting down as well.

My mums family were actually teetotal, they were quite religious, my grandpa used to have one drink a year at new year, my gran didnt drink at all until after he died, two G and T's and she was hammered. Think the non boozing gene missed the rest of us on the way, my brother can also take it or leave it.

On the whole, Im doing ok. A year ago, sitting in a pub and not having a drink, even if it was just the one, wouldnt have happened.

Keep up the good work everyone. And if you fall off the wagon, dont beat yourself up, tomorrow is another day. Ive done enough self loathing and kicking myself to last a lifetime, no more.
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Pleased to say tonight has been AF: 9/25.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • BlueDaisy
    BlueDaisy Posts: 268 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    13/16 for me please :)

Stash Busting Challenge Made 16 / 50 (Get blimmin' organised!)
    MFiT - T3 #158 [STRIKE]£76920[/STRIKE] £66962 reduce to £57K by Dec 2015 - MFD Dec 2022
    Mar AFD 9/18
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport